Question about the Hilton

justine

I'm considering staying at the Hilton for ET4 and hopefully my friend is coming with me as well, but we won't have an adult with us so does that mean we can't stay there by ourselves? Because we're both under 18 (we're 15 :smile:) and it would be easier to stay there as we don't know Birmingham very well (at all - we're londoners XD) and I was looking at the site and on the family policy it says

"Child 0-15 in OWN ROOM charged 50% off Room Rate if adult rate is Room Only."

So I was wondering does that mean we can stay by ourselves or that only applies if we have adult with us? I'm sorry to be a pain, but I'm new to this all and help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

no, they dont allow under 18's.

I think they mean if they are in a room adjoining to adults ie their parents/guardians and the adjoining door remains open.

But to be honest, when at proms, we rented two rooms, one for us and one for the boys (11 and 14) adjoining, but they still had to say that an adult would be in each room on the booking or it voided itself.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering staying at the Hilton for ET4 and hopefully my friend is coming with me as well, but we won't have an adult with us so does that mean we can't stay there by ourselves? Because we're both under 18 (we're 15 :angry:) and it would be easier to stay there as we don't know Birmingham very well (at all - we're londoners XD) and I was looking at the site and on the family policy it says

"Child 0-15 in OWN ROOM charged 50% off Room Rate if adult rate is Room Only."

So I was wondering does that mean we can stay by ourselves or that only applies if we have adult with us? I'm sorry to be a pain, but I'm new to this all and help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks!

no, they dont allow under 18's.

I think they mean if they are in a room adjoining to adults ie their parents/guardians and the adjoining door remains open.

But to be honest, when at proms, we rented two rooms, one for us and one for the boys (11 and 14) adjoining, but they still had to say that an adult would be in each room on the booking or it voided itself.

Does that mean that my room share has to be over 18 basically? ( im 16) :blink:

Yeah it does I think :/

Oh okay then, thanks for helping me :) I'll have to go hunting for another place to stay then XD

Ohh you should stay at the Premier Inn ;)

Me and my 3 friends are staying there, plus these two other girls who are 16 will be :)

It's 2 minutes to the Hilton in a taxi or a ten minute walk the woman said :D

Yeah it does I think :/

Oh okay then, thanks for helping me :) I'll have to go hunting for another place to stay then XD

Ohh you should stay at the Premier Inn :D

Me and my 3 friends are staying there, plus these two other girls who are 16 will be :)

It's 2 minutes to the Hilton in a taxi or a ten minute walk the woman said :P

I shall see if I can stay there then :D I think my friend will be coming with me, if not I'm on my own :\ But still! Looks like all the under 18's are staying at Premier Inn then :D

I can see that's troubles for many people!

But why do they not accept minors? I mean, it would be safer for them to stay at the Hilton... But it's just my opinion ^^'

Well, I'm actually glad I turned eighteen a month ago x)

Good luck everyone !

Yh well.. let's say my parents wouldn't have agreed me going to a convention which didn't take place in our town when I was 15, but I guess they would've been reassured if I did sleep in the hotel in which the convention took place. You see what I mean?

But I can see what you mean.. with all the policy and responsibility. And sure 17 is close to 18 and it's dumb to make such a difference. It's as if you just turned into an adult in a year and therefore could do things on your own.

But you found another place, didn't you? Doesn't it suit you as much as if you stayed at the Hilton?

Yeah I can understand.

Not really, of a night it will be a taxi ride home. It's about a 15 min walk otherwise, so walking will only be during mornings etc

Just a pain to keep calling taxis and leaving earlier to arrive to things on time.

When I found out the Hilton didn't allow under 18's I was gutted

@Hannah S I didn't see that this way. And now that you tell me, it actually sucks. Luckily you'll be with friends. I mean, it's better than having to do this on your own. You'll have plenty of time to laugh with them and everything.. (it's a poor argument ^^')

@Gillianre Yh.. well for you it's tomorrow right, if you're going to ET3? ^^

I can't wait to be on Tuesday!!!!

Edited by twilight-atmosphere.blogy.fr

Hi

Just booked my room at the Hilton, just so you guys now the offical website has a jan sale on and the rooms are much cheaper than booking at convention rate! I booked a single room at 44.50 per night, the only downside is you pay up front, but if you can afford it then book direct and pay now in jan it is so much cheaper.

Hope that helps

Hi

Just booked my room at the Hilton, just so you guys now the offical website has a jan sale on and the rooms are much cheaper than booking at convention rate! I booked a single room at 44.50 per night, the only downside is you pay up front, but if you can afford it then book direct and pay now in jan it is so much cheaper.

Hope that helps

Just be aware if ME have to move the date of ET4 then anyone booking a "non changeable, non refundable"rooms are likely to face problems and money loss because of it.

As suggested in another thread the best idea would be to book it under the con rate for now, and if for unforeseen reasons ET4 does have to move dates you can make the amendment without penalties through the hotel, and then when ET4 is really close check the website and see if they're offering a better rate.

Hope that helps with why we book the con rate and not necessarily the cheapest rate xx

I sure hope they don't have to change it!! I already bought my airline tickets because they were at a VERY good price and there weren't many left. There is no possibility for changing them either. Has there ever been a change of date before? :D

As far as I know it's rare, but there's always a chance even if its a tiny chance, I guess if anything like that was on the cards then ME/SM would make an announcement well in advance.

I only posted the above to prevent people from losing money just incase x