What VT number did JB get to?

paddington

I know that the crew member giving out the VT tickets at the end of his queue was surprised at how low the VT's he was giving out were. I kept going back and seeing and how many they had given out and the highest I saw or heard of was around 600. Thankfully I prepared and got there around 8 and got VT 92 which I was extrmemly pleased about....even more when he came back after his photoshoot and he was still personalising so got all my items personalised and managed a lovely chat with him which made me love him even more :D:o I was just so happy to get a personalisation from him and to meet him properly for the first time and not when he was manic busy at the stage door. :wub:

The man is a legend or completely crazy !! :wub:

He's done 10? weeks of 8 shows a week in theatre, mixed with DVD/book signings in between and then a full day of CM. Then he started rehearsals for panto yesterday in London, so he hasn't had a day off this week ! He's then in the theatre in Cardiff doing panto rehearsals next week and panto starts Sat, so still no day off !! I'm sure he's got some clones running around somewhere to help !! :o

You forgot to mention that during the La Cage run he was also filming his CBBC series 'Animals at Work', doing assorted radio and tv interviews, guest starred at the Feinstein concert, as well as standing in for Elaine Page on her radio 2 shows!

I'm not surprised that he looked exhausted at times on Sunday

Plus driving home to Wales every Saturday night and back to London Monday morning !! :D

Edited by hells childe 17

The man cannot be human!

He got through all his autographs and had an open queue for nearly half an hour!

He's certainly dedicated to his fans!

I was crewing so I was terrified that I wouldn't get my autographs but I did! \o\

And I got to talk to him for like 30 seconds! Which was awesome!

I didn't get personalizations but funnily enough it really didn't bother me as much as I thought it would have

(I really have a loathing of unpersonalized autos, idk why!)

Just meeting him was awesomely epic!

Well some people clearly decided John was worth getting out of bed early for! And they were the ones who got personalisations and, I have to say, nice (albeit brief) chats with John. The low VTs and photos/talk were not mutually exclusive. It was possible to do them all. Of course if people decided they couldn't be bothered to make the effort of getting there early, then they have only themselves to blame and can't complain. As far as I'm concerned, John went above and beyond the call of duty for his fans yet again.

Who's complaining? You appear to be responding to points that noone has actually made! :thumbup::D

I was simply pointing out that John probably wasn't as busy as he would have normally been at an event like this as his extremely limited signing time meant that some fans opted for the talk/photo session over the autographs. None of these people are "complaining" about their decision and I certainly hope that you're not suggesting that choosing to attend the photo session/talk over the autographs somehow makes them less of a fan because "they couldn't be bothered to make the effort of getting there early". I know several people who made that decision and would be wholeheartedly unimpressed at any such implication.

Hear hear Persephone1!

That was precisely my gameplan. Do the talk, get a photo in my La Cage sparkles, but I was totally relaxed about whether or not I got an auto. When the "No Personalisations" sign went up, I gave away my VQ ticket to a very deserving cause. For other reasons, I was still there at the end of the day when John went to open queue, but again decided that I really didn't want to fork out £20 for an unpersonalised autograph. I've no regrets whatsoever about the day, or any of those decisions.

John went to open queue at about 4.35pm, (not much uptake on this actually), chatted, signed stuff for crew, and left the building with his stash of merchandise and Gavin in tow at about 4.55pm.

And yes, he does love his fans, but let's not forget that he will have been paid well for being there on Sunday.

Finally, I do know the answer to the question that forms the title of this thread, but out of respect for TT and Jason, my lips are sealed.

Edited by dayonestar

I had the same personalisation at CM:L that I got 5 days earlier and for free but i did speak to him for a brief minute was aching to pop back to Kai and Gareth and make sure I hadn't missed anyone. After all that wait and having to do what was almost a 4th Hub after a month I was VT 85.

Although I understand that people like personalised autographs, sometimes it's just not possible, for a variety of reasons, and a decision has to be made: it's up to an individual if they want to pay £20 for an unpersonalised signature or not.

John's queue was much quieter than at MK last year, and I for one am pleased that it was less manic. And he stopped personalising at MK quite early on in the day, if memory serves. A likely reason for the relative quietness at CM is the fact that he has been signing autographs for free at the theatre for about 11 weeks!

Noone was actually questioning why the decision to stop personalising was made :wub: just pointing out why John's queue (while busy) was a good deal less manic than it would otherwise have been as his very limited signing time meant a lot of people decided in advance that it wasn't worth the effort of getting there very early in the hope of getting a very low VQ ticket number to allow them to get a personalised autograph and so settled for the photo session/talk instead.

Sounds like I was quite lucky then! I went to see him twice throughout the day. I was about the 4th or 5th person to go see him in the morning, so that was great! Then when I went later on I was the last person the crew member at his photo desk allowed to have personalizations! Which was excellend as I was getting one for a friend as a present too!

So how did you manage to see him twice in such a short period of time? I guess you had two VQ tickets? Why not just get two autographs at the same time?

Nope, had a Gold Pass. Was getting two autos each time. The first time was for a friend who gave me the cash then I waited til later as I didn't know if I'd have enough cash left for one myself (since I'd met him before he wasn't on top of my list).

Out of curiosity, what version of his signature did everyone get? He used to sign a full John Barrowman, nowadays it tends to be J Barrowman and I have seen it truncated to JB (particularly in the signed copies of his latest book).

Out of curiosity, what version of his signature did everyone get? He used to sign a full John Barrowman, nowadays it tends to be J Barrowman and I have seen it truncated to JB (particularly in the signed copies of his latest book).

I think it was J Barrowman, although the Barrowman was a bit squiggly. I think it was a better autograph than I got at stage door but, to be fair, when I compared it to the one I got at a book signing it wasn't too different.

• Moderators

Both mine mostly just look like 'Barrowman', hehe, as he tends to sort of incorporate the 'J' into the 'B' these days it seems.

Definitely better than any I got at the stage door, though (a couple of those ones actually have too few squiggles to account for the full name lol, so it just looks like Barrman, lol. He was in a hurry not to be rained on those times though.)

And I don't think I can really talk, cos my own signature only has two legible letters (the capitals) and I don't have to write it half as many times as John does!

We were number 451 i think and that was near on half past 3. He really is a lovley man bless him, he was very impressed with my costume. Even when he did tell peyton to pee off during the talk haha made my day that did, ive never grinned so much! i wasnt even looking at the stage when one of the other cast (was sitting on JBs left) noticed me on the stairs :D

Edited by Peyton

I saw a lady give him Christmas stockings which looked amazing. Really hope he took them home as looked like alot of effort went into them.

Well we'll never know what he did or didn't take with him but guests don't tend to take much that they are given as gifts for various reasons (difficulties in transporting them etc) and if you're giving a guest a gift you always need to be aware of the fact that it may not ultimately go home with them. Plus in John's case he's been asking people for ages to give to charity rather than giving gifts.

I saw a lady give him Christmas stockings which looked amazing. Really hope he took them home as looked like alot of effort went into them.

Well we'll never know what he did or didn't take with him but guests don't tend to take much that they are given as gifts for various reasons (difficulties in transporting them etc) and if you're giving a guest a gift you always need to be aware of the fact that it may not ultimately go home with them. Plus in John's case he's been asking people for ages to give to charity rather than giving gifts.

I found it quite amusing in the talk that he wouldn't say which Disney character he liked because he would get deluged with cuddly toys of that character. You can just imagine his poor postmand having to delivery all these cuddly toys.

John went to open queue at about 4.35pm, (not much uptake on this actually), chatted, signed stuff for crew, and left the building with his stash of merchandise and Gavin in tow at about 4.55pm.

sounds like he left the building with some items then.

I understand the giving to charity , myself I have never given gifts to guests & whether everyone is aware of what JB has said is another matter.

And I suppose it's down to what people want to do.

He did have about 3 or 4 small chocolates on the table next to him and when he came back to signing after his photoshoot he did have one of them boards that said Captain Jack on it with the photos in the letters- which it seemed he bought himself off a stand. Not sure what their called sorry lol but their popular lol