Park Inn

torchwoodangel93

I'm really beginning to get annoyed with the Park Inn!

I booked our room last Monday, no problems. I've phoned every day for the last week, trying to talk to the person I spoke to when I booked it (I'm not being picky, for various reasons he told me to call back this week and ask for him to discuss the booking) and was finally today told that no one by that name works there. I then couldn't get hold of reservations so I can't check it's definately booked and no confirmation has arrived in the post yet!

Think I have grounds to worry??

I booked our room last Monday, no problems. I've phoned every day for the last week, trying to talk to the person I spoke to when I booked it (I'm not being picky, for various reasons he told me to call back this week and ask for him to discuss the booking) and was finally today told that no one by that name works there. I then couldn't get hold of reservations so I can't check it's definately booked and no confirmation has arrived in the post yet!

Post could be due to strike and its backlogs as for guy not working there, panic and check your account. Also keep trying just get anyone on the phone not just reservations, because they may be snowed under with other callers and email them that way you've exhausted all possible communication routes.

I haven't received confirmation in the post yet (blaming postal strikes), however the money has come off my card so I'm assuming it's gone through ok (if not there will be many angry words, possibly mostly 4-lettered :\ )

If money has been taken, would say it's at least safe to say you have a room; so the main worry would depend on what it was you needed to call back about to discuss (ie: if you had to call back then would probably try to at least talk to somebody to make sure it's sorted out?)

If money hasn't been taken then I'd try to keep calling and get hold of someone/anyone to make sure it's gone through. Annoying that the person you spoke to no longer appears to be there, but if you can sort it out with anyone else you get hold of that's still a result right? :)

Money has come off my card, but I've received no confirmation either by post (understandable for the strike and the fact that I live in the U.S.) or email (more worrisome). Fingers crossed.

I had to specifically ask them to send me confirmation which they did.

Money has come off my card, but I've received no confirmation either by post (understandable for the strike and the fact that I live in the U.S.) or email (more worrisome). Fingers crossed.

I had to specifically ask them to send me confirmation which they did.

That is very useful information. Thank you for letting me know. :)

I had a confirmation email, I booked via Laterooms.

xxx

Was the confirmation from laterooms or the Park Inn?

Morgan

It was from Laterooms, but I called the Park Inn twice since then and my booking is present and correct on their computer.

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, I also have no confirmation yet. I booked my room by the end of October by telefon. They already charged my credit card but I got no answer, when I asked for a confirmation by email.

I don't like to call coz I'm so nervous on the phone and then my English is not good, but I'm afraid I have no other choice *sigh*

Hm, I also have no confirmation yet. I booked my room by the end of October by telefon. They already charged my credit card but I got no answer, when I asked for a confirmation by email.

I don't like to call coz I'm so nervous on the phone and then my English is not good, but I'm afraid I have no other choice *sigh*

I booked around the same time and they also promised me a confirmation (by post and email); the money went out of my account but didn't receive anything for weeks, so called them - they checked & confirmed the rooms were booked and (eventually) sent me an email with basic details after I requested it (took them a couple of days to send after the phone call).

ie: if the money was taken, then you probably are safe in terms of having a room booked, but if you want the confirmation you will probably have to call them as it doesn't look like they sent them out when requested the first time / at time of booking :WAVE:

hope that helps :)

@ glee

thanx, I will try to call them on Friday coz it's my day off and I have more time to prepair myself :)

But it's not a good service, I think :YAHOO:

No, it's not overly good, particularly since they promised a confirmation would be sent when I called to book in the first place >:dance:

Don't stress, just tell them the night(s) you've booked for and the name it's under, and they should be able to find it on the system for you :) If it helps I think you need to speak with in-house reservations(?) to sort it out (ie: press for that option when you call).

good luck :)

I've never stayed at a Park Inn hotel before but I must say that when I booked my room, they were all lovely. The staff I spoke to on the phone were very friendly and I asked while booking if they would send confirmation, they said yes so I provided my email and they did send some a few days later. For me, that was great service and I hope everyone else manages to sort out any concerns or problems they have with their booking. Good luck everyone. :YAHOO::dance:

Edited by Doctor Who

@ Doctor Who:

The guy on the phone was really nice and he managed to find my adresse and so on in the computer system coz I once made a reservation before.

But what's up with there email-system? I wrote two emails and got no answer at all *sigh*

So I hope it will be all sorted out on Friday :)