How many of us in here are going to see NM this saturday? (31st)

xkleex

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should get in contact with Watchdog lmfao!

Well the next Watchdog actually airs tomorrow night, so it might be worth you lot giving them an email.

This is their email address watchdog@bbc.co.uk

If they've made a mistake, fair enough, but it's their problem (they advertised it as New Moon, even with the movie poster), Okay, they've offered refunds, but they shouldn't be making people go there to collect them.

Salted popcorn is the joint most disgusting thing in the entire universe, along with fizzy water.

True fact.

and marmalade!! :(

I so nearly booked tickets for this earlier and then realised I had children that needed looking after :D:WAVE: but seriously this is appalling - I couldn't understand how Bluewater could show NM when it's not officially released til 20/11 :D

Well I just phoned that number up there, and got through to someone.

She said the district manager is on holiday until Friday afternoon, but she took my name and number, and will hopefully get in contact.

Call me a cynic, but that just sounds like a way of putting people on hold for a couple of days, then come Friday afternoon you've only got a few hours of it to deal with (and with a bit of luck the phones will be so jameed they can make them all engaged and say the phone system crashed under pressure.

Trading Standards is an independant body which basically protects the customer and inspects companies...well...trading standards.

Actually the trading standards authorities are administered by local government, i.e. the councils.

Bluewater is in Greenhithe, a charming little village in the borough of Dartford. The Dartford Borough Council website advises that "Consumer advice and Trading Standards services are provide by Kent County Council." (obviously Dartford council tax payers can take heart that their taxes aren't being spent on worthless frippery like proofreaders :D ), and a trip to the relevant page of the KCC website is quite useful - "All consumer enquiries are dealt with by the Consumer Direct South East team (CDSE) based at County Hall, Maidstone. Consumer Direct is a government funded organisation which was set up to offer first tier advice to consumers when the increasing demand for consumer advice could no longer be met by local authorities. CDSE has a team of 40 advisors to take calls direct from the public. In the rare event all their advisors are busy, calls are answered by Consumer Direct centres in other parts of the country."

I'm sorry, this is the way to go, with a professional unit with legal teeth, not the idea of getting a load of Twilight fansites to throw hissy fits at a seemingly barely-interested cinema.

The KCC Trading Standards website has a link labelled "Contact Us", which takes you to a page that says, "Consumers - Kent residents can contact the consumer direct team or call them on 08454 04 05 06 to speak to an advisor."

Don't worry if you're not a Kent resident anyway, the "offence" is in Kent, and anyway, elsewhere on that page you'll see that 08454 04 05 06 is also the number for Consumer Direct, which is "the government-funded telephone and online service offering information and advice on consumer issues. Consumer Direct is funded by the Office of Fair Trading and delivered in partnership with Local Authority Trading Standards Services."

Obviously these folks are there to help, but the whole situation is not their fault, so try to be calm and polite with them. And if they can't help, they're the best people who can tell you who can.

Good luck - the whole fiasco stinks.

Edited by TommyT

• Moderators

Well I just phoned that number up there, and got through to someone.

She said the district manager is on holiday until Friday afternoon, but she took my name and number, and will hopefully get in contact.

Call me a cynic, but that just sounds like a way of putting people on hold for a couple of days, then come Friday afternoon you've only got a few hours of it to deal with (and with a bit of luck the phones will be so jameed they can make them all engaged and say the phone system crashed under pressure.

Possibly, but I have had an email reply from someone else saying the same person is away, but she'll try to deal with it as much as possible. I don't think the woman I talked to had anything to do with it, so she seemed to be doing the best she could to pass my issue on.

I'm seeing how dialogue through emails goes before Friday, when hopefully I will be contacted and I'll see how things match up from both parties.

Actually the trading standards authorities are administered by local government, i.e. the councils.

Bluewater is in Greenhithe, a charming little village in the borough of Dartford.

I have to laugh at the word charming being used in the same sentence as Dartford :unsure:

Bluewater is in Greenhithe, a charming little village in the borough of Dartford.

I have to laugh at the word charming being used in the same sentence as Dartford :drool:

I always found Greenhithe to be pleasant; Stone Castle is nice in an understated way, and the pub at the bottom of the hill (The Railway?) was a good unpretentious boozer.

Dartford itself is fairly glum, but historically important, be it as the home of the first recorded cricket match, or the "Dartford Delta" which spawned the Rolling Stones and the Pretty Things. But yeah, not queueing up to live there :-)

I have to laugh at the word charming being used in the same sentence as Dartford :drool:

I always found Greenhithe to be pleasant; Stone Castle is nice in an understated way, and the pub at the bottom of the hill (The Railway?) was a good unpretentious boozer.

Dartford itself is fairly glum, but historically important, be it as the home of the first recorded cricket match, or the "Dartford Delta" which spawned the Rolling Stones and the Pretty Things. But yeah, not queueing up to live there :-)

Fairly glum pretty much sums it up, as a Dartforder myself I'm queuing up to leave :drool:

Damnit...just read this entire thread and now I need popcorn.... :drool:

Hope all you people get your money issues sorted!!

Btw, those that were saying it was insane to come from the US just to see the film, okay it's a little extreme, but I remember UK Star Wars fans who would fly out to the US just to see the TRAILER of the next SW movie first!! People go on about Twilight fans being nuts because it's the new big thing - but people have already done everything us fans have done way before us!! We're nothing new...

xC

really hope you get this sorted. Its definately not accidental though. I mean how does one accidently set up a page specifically advertising a screening of new moon?? I text my friend and asked her to put something on bellandedward to let the fans know what happening.

I just want to say sorry. If i hadnt had posted this thread then some of you might not have found out about it and paid for tickets and are now having trouble gettin refunds like i am. I honestly thought it was legit when i bought my tickets, half the seats were sold and there wasnt even a hint of it being dodgy. I dont have anything at all to do with the cinema but i do feel like i lead some of you to it. Im really really really sorry guys :blush:

I just want to say sorry. If i hadnt had posted this thread then some of you might not have found out about it and paid for tickets and are now having trouble gettin refunds like i am. I honestly thought it was legit when i bought my tickets, half the seats were sold and there wasnt even a hint of it being dodgy. I dont have anything at all to do with the cinema but i do feel like i lead some of you to it. Im really really really sorry guys :(

-hugs- You didn`t do anything to be malicious, You posted because you wanted to do something nice for others.

I`m sure no-one on here holds you responsible x