UPDATED! Hotel Booking Information

slaycandy

Do you know if rooms are still available? And if so are they taking full payment (I know some people have been asking questions)

wen we stayed at the london hilton, we paid when we checked out. when we checked in we did pay a deposit of £50, you then pay the rest when u check out. So if u book now you shouldnt be actually charged till then. hope that helps :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if rooms are still available? And if so are they taking full payment (I know some people have been asking questions)

wen we stayed at the london hilton, we paid when we checked out. when we checked in we did pay a deposit of £50, you then pay the rest when u check out. So if u book now you shouldnt be actually charged till then. hope that helps :)

What kind of card did you pay with? I didn't have to pay any deposit at the Birmingham Hilton.

I'm just wondering if it's a card issue, such as they take a deposit from debit cards but not credit cards.

If the rooms were apparently all sold out and people couldn't book any, then became available again (with the twilight discount) does that mean the rooms left right now are the only ones left or are mark/Jason still likely to look into the situation and/or arrange for more discounted rooms? I know they're really busy and not trying to rush anything just trying to decide whether it's best to take what's available now (or book at another hotel while there's still rooms) or hold out.

Does that even make sense? :s

I booked my room this morning and they only have queen rooms available. Everyother type of room that showmasters had set aside has been taken, however their website seems to say they have 3 types left :/

I've just booked a Queen romm at the Hilton, I'd prefer Twin beds but maybe there will be cancellations later.

I just cancelled two twin rooms

You in a family room now?

Yay! Family room!

Whoever asked, you can pay in full when you arrive.

I spoke to Jason on the Sunday and he said that they would keep an eye on the rooms and make sure there were enough, the hotel is huge, so dont worry!

Yeah, I wish I had rung up the park now when I got my ET2 ticket a few weeks ago, cos there were cancellations for that.

I know they are keeping an eye on it in the office,

goodness knows how many have already booked though, cos I overheard a conversation when I rang the hotel too lol

No doubt someone will keep us informed anyway :P

What kind of card did you pay with? I didn't have to pay any deposit at the Birmingham Hilton.

I'm just wondering if it's a card issue, such as they take a deposit from debit cards but not credit cards.

it was with a visa debit card. I cudnt say if it was because it was a debit card or not tho. But they seemed to be asking everyone for a card not just us at check in. maybe it was because the rooms were alot more, they were £110 a night there where as this one is only £74 so that might by why.... but it didnt make a difference anyway really coz they just took the £50 off the total bill when we checked out.

Hello,

I just called the Hilton, but they told me that they don't have any more rooms available with the special rate of 75 pounds per night. The best rate they could offer me was 125 pounds per night (without breakfast!). Does anyone know if there will be rooms again later with the special fare? Cause it's quite expensive.

i have a question...in this convention I will go with 3 friends but we can't pay 2 rooms because are so expensive, we can sleep together in a room? i supose the answer is not, but i'm interested with experiences with more of 2 persons in a room hehe

I explained there was 3 of us and the Hilton offered us a family room, it cost us £84.50 instead of £74.50 and has a double bed and a sofa bed, so you have to share with a mate but still dirt cheap between 3 of us, so yes they have rooms that can accommodate 3 adults, phone them and explain, they were really helpful with us.

Thanks! I can't call because i'm from Spain and is expensive call to UK but this morning i sent an e-mail asking about, I hope they answer me with a good solution :)

I ended up cancelling my Hilton room and getting a family room at the Premier inn near by. £209 for the weekend so it works out cheaper and you can cancel it up to the day of check in and this way I can hold out for the hilton but I have a reserve room booked :)

• Showmasters Admin

There are still rooms available at the reduced rate.

You can book them online here

If you absolutely have to phone the hotel make sure you quote 'Twilight Freesale' for the Eternal Twilight event with Massive events.

The room rate it £74.75 per ROOM. not per person and it includes breakfast and access to the pool/steamroom and sauna.

I just tried to book one room for two persons via the link given by Showmasters, but the only fare they give me is 124,75 pounds. (when I called earlier, I stated clearly that it was for the Twilight convention, and when the lady told me that it was 125 pounds, I told her that it was supposed to be 75 and she answered that all the rooms at this fare were gone)