anybody want to join me for the train jorney up

lordy

Hi all i have booked my train ticket for 11.43 on virgin trains from london

euston and was wondering if anybody was leaving at the same time fancied some

company on the way up as im going on my own and could do with some copany

If we were taking the train at the same time, you'd be welcome to join us. Our train out of Euston isn't until 12:23.

arh thats a shame my train is booked for 11.43 as that was cheapest

will see you there tho at some point

What are you peeps all doing untill 2pm?

The train up there is only an hour, maybe a few minutes more. Registration dosnt open till 2 and the hotel dosnt let you check in till 3.

We checked with the hotel and they have a luggage storage service at the desk, so we can sit around the hotel lounge or bar till check-in time.

• Moderators

I got to Northhampton last time too early even for the Ibis check-in - luckily had a friend who had arrived the day before so we could sit in her room and wait. Pretty sure we were still at the Park Inn (bar) by noon, though.

This time I'm not getting there until about 3.30, which should give us a comfortable amount of time to get checked in and registered and still have plenty time to hang around with people in the bar before the con actually starts :)

Edited by etmuse

We checked with the hotel and they have a luggage storage service at the desk, so we can sit around the hotel lounge or bar till check-in time.

Ah, that's very good news. I was hoping that's what would happen as I won't be able to check in until 3pm on the Saturday afternoon and I really didn't want to be carrying my luggage around the convention until then. Do you have to pay or do they let you store your bags for free so long as you've booked a hotel room? :D:huh:

Ah, that's very good news. I was hoping that's what would happen as I won't be able to check in until 3pm on the Saturday afternoon and I really didn't want to be carrying my luggage around the convention until then. Do you have to pay or do they let you store your bags for free so long as you've booked a hotel room? :D:huh:

Not having stayed at this particular hotel, can't say for sure; however as a general rule, they don't charge you if you're just waiting to check in to your room (or have just checked out and need them to hold onto it until you leave later that day). If you want to be 100% certain regarding charges then maybe call the hotel ...?

If the room is ready before 3pm they sometimes also let you check in early anyway (obviously this isn't guaranteed though as they may still need to clean the room, etc) - best thing to do is go to the desk when you arrive and they'll let you know either way ...?

Not having stayed at this particular hotel, can't say for sure; however as a general rule, they don't charge you if you're just waiting to check in to your room (or have just checked out and need them to hold onto it until you leave later that day). If you want to be 100% certain regarding charges then maybe call the hotel ...?

If the room is ready before 3pm they sometimes also let you check in early anyway (obviously this isn't guaranteed though as they may still need to clean the room, etc) - best thing to do is go to the desk when you arrive and they'll let you know either way ...?

i have never stayed at a hotel that charges for holding luggage, only ones with luggage problem is Travelodge which won't hold bags even if they do state that have a luggage room.

Not having stayed at this particular hotel, can't say for sure; however as a general rule, they don't charge you if you're just waiting to check in to your room (or have just checked out and need them to hold onto it until you leave later that day). If you want to be 100% certain regarding charges then maybe call the hotel ...? If the room is ready before 3pm they sometimes also let you check in early anyway (obviously this isn't guaranteed though as they may still need to clean the room, etc) - best thing to do is go to the desk when you arrive and they'll let you know either way ...?

Yeah, thanks for the help. I'll ask when I get there, I'm sure there won't be a problem. :D:huh:

Im there on the Thursday, and get there around 15:30, cant wait to see Chris W, and Ruth when I get there :)

Can't wait to see you either Hayz!

Just had a small panic attack, because someone said to me "I'm sure you said it was this weekend!" lol

Yanno if you'd have said you coulda come with us in the car!

were leaving oxford friday lunchtime (im getting the train to oxford from london in the mornng) and were having a mini roadtrip.

(i started a thread regarding the travel and my roomate offered up the car ride on there)

Yanno if you'd have said you coulda come with us in the car!

were leaving oxford friday lunchtime (im getting the train to oxford from london in the mornng) and were having a mini roadtrip.

(i started a thread regarding the travel and my roomate offered up the car ride on there)

arh im sorry i forgot about it that would have been good tho but dont think i can do anythink about it now

Anyone coming from the north by train? I could be coming from Crewe (unless I decide to drive...)

Never tried to get to the NEC by train - how easy is it?

you step off the train, go up some stairs, walk down a rather long corridor and you're there