Flash Forward - Season One Discussion

Avengers7

To be fair, it could be as easy as there being a zoo near by, and someone let the animals out. If they can set some things on fire that they did, then I'm sure they can manage to mess around with a zoo lol

If we want to go down the Lost comparison route - there was also planes, and people talking, and people breathing, and one of them looked an awful lot like Penny :D

:( I just didn't think that the episode needed a random WTF! moment with the kangeroo, it kind of took me out of the moment for Joseph's character slowing taking in the mayhem.

Penny in looks maybe, but not in action. Sleeping around with other men who aren't her husband in the future, shameful. :o

:P In ways, I can understand why people are going on about the show being the 'next Lost', but I don't really think it was too similar. It has a couple of the cast members and involves a flashforward, and I think that's where the similarities end. So far, at least.

I didn't find it too similar to Lost really, I just wasn't into a repeat of some random animal being where it shouldn't in the first episode. It's just kinda been there, done that with Lost already.

And I'm worried about John Cho's character who didn't see himself in the future.

it was good now they need to find out who the guy was at the grounds who was the only one awake

My mum said it lookied like someone out of the Matrix. :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash forward is a brand new TV show showing in the UK on Channel Five. It's, in summary, about a global 'flash forward' in which everyone across the world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and sees a glimpse 6 months into their future. It's got some big, or at least popular cast members such as Joseph Fiennes, Dominic Monaghan, John Cho and Sonya Walger, among others :WAVE: It's loosely based on the novel Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441135/

Edited by Laurenx

Flash forward is a brand new TV show showing in the UK on Channel Five. It's, in summary, about a global 'flash forward' in which everyone across the world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and sees a glimpse 6 months into their future. It's got some big, or at least popular cast members such as Joseph Fiennes, Dominic Monaghan, John Cho and Sonya Walger, among others :D It's loosely based on the novel Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441135/

Aww thanks Lauren x

so when it flash forwards is it so they change something, cos missing the point!!!:D

Is it worth watching?

Well we don't know why it flashed forward and we don't know if they can change their fate, we just have to keep watching I guess. The show, at the moment, seems to be about the aftermath of the flash forwards and figuring out why it happened. I'd say its worth watching the first couple of episodes, at least to see what you think. If you don't like it then thats fair enough and you can just stop watching it :D

I enjoyed the first episode and will be watching the second. But i'll see how it goes. I get the impression that people think its going to be the 'next big thing' but im not so sure. We'll see.

I do like the idea though. Its very intriguing. And the one random guy at the end was very freaky. Lots of questions to be asked. The only problem is whether or not they will answer them or if it really is as much like lost as people are making out and it will just string us along forever and a day.

=x=

The guy at the end was very odd and I guess will be a key issue in future episodes. In already intrigued to know who it is! Made me giggle a bit though; as he left the stadium, he was looking around and checking behind him to make sure no one was watching or had noticed him... but everyone is unconscious so why did he feel the need to do that?! Silly man. :wub:

Edited by Laurenx

Yeah, probably :D

I watched episode two and I have to say that I wasn't as impressed. I was a bit annoyed that they KEPT showing flashbacks from episode one. Not once, but a dozen times. It was still good, but I didn't like that too much.

Until that lady with the cupcakes came in (sorry can't remember her name) this is what I thought.

Olivias mum was never going to have an affear and Joseph Fiennes was never gona have a drinking problem, until he started having these flashbacks (hope that doesnt sound wierd)

Its like that future they saw was never going to happen, till they had there flashbacks and there was no way of changing the outcome, trying to do things to prevent the outcome of the flashbacks from happening was basically making them come true. (Hope that made sense not always best at explaining myself)

Until, that is the cupcake lady came in, then I thought, maybe they can change there fate cause she did, when she had that call, and now it seems she may not have that call. Who knows maybe she did exactly what she was supposed to in order for her flashback to come true, maybe its still gona come true (but I doubt it now)

I mean without the flashback how do we know he still would have gone into that abandoned building, then got that exact same doll pic?

:D

LLAP :P

PS My husband and I like it, but please no 7 seasons, cause all they will do is keep showing bits from previous episodes and repeating what people saw in there flashbacks (at least thats what I think)

Edited by zebredy

Loved the first two eps. Interesting storyline, makes me want to read the book although it is supposed to be quite different.

The way the flashbacks are done well, kinda like dreams but more clear.

Looking forward to the new ep this week, I've even managed to get my brother to watch it and he's enjoying it even if he doesn't like this sort of thing.

Ep 3

Found to be quite boring, hell in writing this I had to pause and really think what the ep was about. Setting up the whole thing with the Nazi ect just to say 'oh look it's happened before' a question I would have expected people to ask anyway!

I hope that this has some baring in future cause otherwise it just seemed so blah!

I actually thought that episode 3 was an improvement from episode two, yet I agree that it was a bit long-winded just to get to the point that it had happened previously. I do like this show, it's easy watching, but I don't think it is one of the stronger shows on TV.

Edited by Laurenx

Ahh I loved the latest episode! And when he answered the phone at the end, I knew who was on the other end before I even saw the face and just squealed "AHHHHHHHH! Awesomee!! I knew it!!" At the TV screen :blink:

This episode was a major improvement to the last two episodes which I thought were not as good as the first.

Edited by Laurenx

Ep 1.06

Another good ep, how awkward was it Lloyd Simcoe turns up at the Benford house!

~~~

Am I the only person wondering if all these leads they keep following are actually related to the case? I mean they are following leads Benford saw in his flash forward but that doesn't mean they are related to this case they just think it is and really they are going completely off case.

Does anyone get what I'm saying cause I'm not explain it very well!

~~~

And total excitement for me!! The most excellent Callum Keith Rennie is in Flash Forward next week, yelled with glee at that revelation in next weeks teaser trailer.