Trouble Getting Guests? - UPDATE FROM SM PAGE 11

Rachelsilver1985

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have actually got past worrying about it because no matter who the guests, they are always really nice!

Also, it's a great opportunity for everyone to get together with people they met at ET and other events when they might not get a chance to otherwise. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing a great bunch of people that I talk to in the cyberworld everyday in the flesh!! Plus, I get out of the cooking and housework for the weekend! Bring it on!

Everybody was heartbroken over Kellan pulling out at TwiProms, and Charlie/Daniel were amazing guests. We are all Twilight fans, each guest will be from TWILIGHT it wont matter if they are a Cullen a wolf, or whoever. They are just as important to the Saga. Yes Scummit are little buggers and I could kill them for this but we have to make the best of it. There is ALWAYS next times guys! ET3, ET4, ET5/Et6 if they happen and so on and so on. Jason said he will try and get all of the cast to us, so as long as you guys just keep going to the Twilight cons you should be fine and meet everybody you wamt to.

Another interesting note somebody told me last weekend, SM put up with a lot of flack, so Scummit and the actors dont have to, ME/SM always look like the bad guys, its not like they are stashing Kellan under the bed so that you cant have him. Its scummit's fault, or the production company that has shedualed this delay and put the ban on flying the actors out.

Give SM/ME a break guys. They are obviously trying. I mean HELLO?! Billy Burke = WOW!

hate to sound all responsible and all,

but I remember when Kelland and Chaske had to pull out, forum users were asked not to say Scummit.

Sorry

You don't want Summit stopping any twilight actors coming :(

Were we? Must've missed that in all the arguing!

I'll just use it away from here (:

yeah, it was ITSOTM forum when Kellan and Chaske had to cancel, people were saying it then, and one of the mods came on or even Mark or Jason, and asked people to stop saing it.

So, filming is running late on Eclipse is it? Is that causing all the problems for people at the moment?

I wonder why?

I know that all the US cons have had problems getting the guests too.

To be honest, I know people say they don't want to have just any old guest, but Twilight is twilight, all will have stories to tell

I don't really mind, just chuffed to bits to be ATTENDING (nearly said the other word again! lol)

would like some sort of announcements with scheduling, but we can't have that til the new guests are annunced anyway,

so I'll be good and patient unfortunately. :(

I don't get why people are treating Summit like the enemy anyway? It's not like they are withholding the cast out of spite.

I'm as stressed as anyone about the lack of guest confirmations but when it comes down to it the films are more important to me than a convention - shooting has to come first. The schedule was originally announced back in July by MTV as running from August 17th until October 31st, so this convention always clashed with the shoot, regardless of whether the shoot is now running beyond those dates. It's not the suits at Summit's fault that the shooting schedule is behind anyway - that comes down to factors outside the studio's control. They've had to juggle the lineups for their own conventions because of the Eclipse schedule, so even they were caught off guard by who was required on set when. If the cast had been freed up to go to the official but not to other cons, I think we'd have something to complain about regarding Summit and the guest issue, but otherwise, I don't get how they can be blamed at all.

Summit have made some questionable decisions to my mind, but I don't think they're at fault over this.

I don't get why people are treating Summit like the enemy anyway? It's not like they are withholding the cast out of spite.

I'm as stressed as anyone about the lack of guest confirmations but when it comes down to it the films are more important to me than a convention - shooting has to come first. The schedule was originally announced back in July by MTV as running from August 17th until October 31st, so this convention always clashed with the shoot, regardless of whether the shoot is now running beyond those dates. It's not the suits at Summit's fault that the shooting schedule is behind anyway - that comes down to factors outside the studio's control. They've had to juggle the lineups for their own conventions because of the Eclipse schedule, so even they were caught off guard by who was required on set when. If the cast had been freed up to go to the official but not to other cons, I think we'd have something to complain about regarding Summit and the guest issue, but otherwise, I don't get how they can be blamed at all.

Summit have made some questionable decisions to my mind, but I don't think they're at fault over this.

Nicely put, totally agree with your post too x As frustrating as it is it's a no blame game

Joking aside, it was well put :D

• Showmasters Admin

yeah, it was ITSOTM forum when Kellan and Chaske had to cancel, people were saying it then, and one of the mods came on or even Mark or Jason, and asked people to stop saing it.

I'm not sure who said it last time but, yes lets keep in to "Summit".

ME are working with Summit and E1 (the distributors in the UK) and it could mean some amazing things at future events, including guests. So the last thing we want to do is annoy them. And if ME are seen to allow name calling of Summit on this forum, as you can imagine they'd not be overly impressed.

I understand people's frustration, but as others have said the film does have to come first and at the end of the day without Summit (or another film company) there would be no films at all, and therefore no guests. So although you may be upset by it, please understand they aren't doing it just to annoy you. It's business. And they are in the business of making films, not running conventions.

• Moderators

Also, I know some people think Summit (or whoever) should release the actors to conventions to keep fans happy, as you're the ones that keep them in business etc.

I'm sure everyone realises that 800 fans or however many is a very small percentage of the number of fans out there! So while they do want to keep you happy, they want to keep the other thousands happy too, and that'll be by making the best movies they can. And that needs actors!

lol if the majority of twilighters got their way we'd have films being done with CGI and then a convention a month with all the main cast :)

:D That's sadly true. There does seem to be a sense of entitlement "We deserve a premiere" "I'm Kellen's biggest fan, so he has to come".

I think we just need to look at the conventions as a bonus and the movies as the priority. Like when Taylor was fighting for his role in New Moon. I desperately wanted him as a guest for ET, but I accepted that if he got the role it was likely he'd have to cancel ET. Ultimately, we had to accept that in the scheme of things, Taylor remaining as Jacob was more important than us getting the chance to meet him.

lol if the majority of twilighters got their way we'd have films being done with CGI and then a convention a month with all the main cast :)

:o That's sadly true. There does seem to be a sense of entitlement "We deserve a premiere" "I'm Kellen's biggest fan, so he has to come".

I think we just need to look at the conventions as a bonus and the movies as the priority. Like when Taylor was fighting for his role in New Moon. I desperately wanted him as a guest for ET, but I accepted that if he got the role it was likely he'd have to cancel ET. Ultimately, we had to accept that in the scheme of things, Taylor remaining as Jacob was more important than us getting the chance to meet him.

:D

Especially after listening to Jose, Daniel and Charlie saying how hard it is to get acting work.

Can't deprive them of that.

Where has it been reported that Eclipse is behind schedule filming wise? As for guests I am past worrying. I went to the Lockdown and boy did SM have problems getting guests for that one. The ones they got, all minor roles..were GREAT! So I am sure whoever they got coming to ET2 will be great too, and if the guests are friendly and FUNNY (big plus in my book lol, funny ppl rule, famous or not) then I do not really care if it is Buttcrack Santa coming or the guy thinking Cat in the restaurant lmao!

Edited by Marystat

obviously the films come first and cons second... but, correct me if i'm wrong, didn't taylor have to cancel et1 to go to appear in japan with kristen and rob?

Edited by __a

obviously the films come first and cons second... but, correct me if i'm wrong, didn't taylor have to cancel et1 to go to appear in japan with kristen and rob?

Yeah, but if that Japan appearance was for Summit, then that is who they work for first and foremost isn't it?

Tough when we want the main guests, but, there you go :YAHOO: