Great day! (Event Feedback)

bunnycure

Hi all just wanted to say thankyou for a great day, enjoyed catching up with Eddie, Coco, John w and Victoria and all the great people i met thanks a million and cant wait for the next one!

Hugs,

Mel aka Princess leia :D:WAVE:

SDC10098.jpg

May the force be with you!!! xox

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe I missed it! :D

Me and mybf had a hugeeeeeee row which lasted till like 8am i didnt wakeup till like 3pm :WAVE:

Glad you had fun, You look great

Aww thats a shame, there is tomorrow though, thanks for you compliments :) hope your good :) xox

I have to say that this must have been the best CMG to date.

Cost me a lot :( but well worth it. :vader:

My thanks to the crew.

Seconded. Of the three CManias I have attended, this was by far and away the best.

Hey, Mel - post that pic of me and you!

Lastly, props, kudos and manly hugs to Jason for being perhaps the coolest guy on the planet.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Hi,

I completely agree it was a very busy day and must be one of the best Glasgow shows to date! Definately an expensive day ( Mick Spring you know what you did! my husband is in trouble! LOL!).

All in all it was more appreciated by my husband rather than me, due to the fact there was no SW MOC's to be had. LOL!

I cannot believe the hundreds he spent! :vader: So in retaliation, I went shopping in the Mall....Hmmm...that should teach him! LOL!

Anyway I digress, can I just thank on behalf of my family, Mick Spring for the Liam Neeson mounted and framed autograph, the tri-signed Mark Hamill, shelagh Fraser and Phil Brown picture, the Don Henderson picture and all the celebration II signed pictures. Also for pointing my husband in the direction of the guy who had the Green Green Grass multi signed framed picture and allowing me to mention his name for a deal. Thank you so much Mick, but really you know what you did LOL!! Also remember my 'order' for next time! LOL. :(

Also can I thank Starwarsguy on behalf of my husband for the George Lucas mail away AFA U85 and The Dealer who sold the orange snake yoda variation and A-wing pilot. He is chuffed with the T-shirts and the deal you both came to!

A special thank you to the Dealer who sold my husband the 3 MOC Ewoks and the Battlestar Galactica vintage figures. An excellent deal and went beyond the expected by pointing out other stuff on sale on other stalls. A true Gentleman. Thank you.

Thank you also to the Guests we visited, Very friendly and very approachable. Thank you for being so professional!

The professional photographer who is a gentleman and exceptionally courteous. You have excellent customer focus and I thank you very much. A true professional who will accomodate your every wish!

I also wish to thank the Night is Day team for the DVD and Comic which they so kindly signed.

Lastly (but not least) the stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Tie pilots, Scout troopers, Predator, Spiderman, The Marine guy (with the Dredd sticker on his armour :wub: and Scapey for allowing us to take pictures of themselves and their prop collection. Can I just say that Shaun of the Dead shirt is AMAAAZING! I had to take pictures of your collection (Lower end indeed...such a fantastic collection!). Special thanks to the Biker Scout who was nothing but professional curteous and extremely friendly and polite.

All of you are an absolute credit to your hobby and profession sirs!

And finally to all the crew who I had conversations and dealings with. Easily approachable, very helpful and polite. Very positive and I would just like you to know one of you made my husbands day by saying ' you can have my autograph' and ' do you want me in the picture too' The thumbs up crew guy when my husband was taking a picture of David Prowse. An extremely nice and funny guy. Thank you.

If I have left anyone out I apologise. A truly exceptional day and if you can make it tomorrow definately worth going just for the incredible atmosphere! It is truly worthy in every aspect.

Thank you so much guys, this is what makes me a regular at Collectormania Glasgow!

Best wishes and every success to everyone.

Ann and Family

XXX

P.S.

Get more vintage SW MOC's next time!!! LOL!!!

Fab day was great to meet Robert Picardo, will post my pics in the other thread when they finish uploading. Robert probably could have talked for longer in his talk if he hadn't been told that the time was us.

My friend asked him if he could wear his hat for the photoshoot but he declined :vader:

I too restrained myself before Enterprises were bought. I think my GF would have enough trouble dealing with my current collection if ever I brought it out of storage.

'twas great meeting all the forumers, dealers and crew. And a big thumbs up to Jason for introducing himself and having a wee chat with us for a bit. I'll be stealing pics taken with us :D

I quite enjoyed the day - especially as it's my first time ordering a McDonalds in uniform and phasering normal people outside - though that and two nights of barely sleeping did leave me too shattered to head to the party unfortunatly.

Edited by ComwWhite

• Moderators

Good to see everyone had an enjoyable time :D

And I'm glad some of you had the chance to chat with Jason. I know he likes to try and meet people at events if he can. He's often a busy man but he will make time for a quick chat, and it always seems to help to talk in person.

I have to say that this must have been the best CMG to date.

Cost me a lot :D but well worth it. :D

My thanks to the crew.

Seconded. Of the three CManias I have attended, this was by far and away the best.

Hey, Mel - post that pic of me and you!

Lastly, props, kudos and manly hugs to Jason for being perhaps the coolest guy on the planet.

Hey there,

I will post that photo :)need to get them onto disc then i will post :)

Mel x

Thanks for the mad props for my props :o

I'd never actually seen my stuff set up on display before - My house ain't big enough! So this was a first for me.

I was wellllll chuffed at how good it looked - A huge thanks to the staff from New Look for kindly lending us the mannequins ( And to all the other shops who asked their head offices, only to be told "No chance." Y'tried! )

Even bigger thanks to Jason and Showmasters for inviting us along as usual - And for the genius idea of setting us up on the foyer instead of on a table inside.

Didn't expect that, and I reckon the Cosplay masquerade was as busy as it was a direct result of the double-whammy of us and them hitting punters the second they're in the door.

Congratulations to all the Cosplay winners - You lot are what events like this are all about.

And thanks to my fellow judges for allowing me to step down from the marking for the Junior category to allow Morgan to enter - And win!

I was mortified when she walked off stage and went "HI DADDY!".

But I was so proud that she nailed Newt's line - And accent! - as well as she did. She'd always just said "Mostly at night mostly" in the past when prompted. But she stepped up to the plate ( :o ) and scored a perfect "They mostly come at night... mostly" and put a massive grin on my face :D

Cheers to my fellow UKCM grunts - I hope you guys enjoyed this Drop as much as I did.

And warm fuzzy feelings to the Garrison for being such excellent friendly rivals in the dressing-up-in-tupperware stakes. A pleasure working with you guys as always, and much respect for the sweatbox inhabitants among you.

Bath time... I'm falling apart.

More, + pics, later!

Can't believe I missed it! :o

Me and mybf had a hugeeeeeee row which lasted till like 8am i didnt wakeup till like 3pm :o

Glad you had fun, You look great

:o Aww thats a shame, there is tomorrow though, thanks for you compliments :) hope your good :) xox

hi thanks mel it was great meeting you and everyone

firstly i would like to say thanks to jason and all the showmasters crew the unsung stars of the show andy caroline,too tall,elspath and all the others you guys are totally awsome and professional and a credit to the business.

secondly thanks to the fraser and the night and day team especially leanne and her hard sell tactics you guys were great cant wait for series 2

finaly a huge thank you to the cosplayers you guys made the show,the garrison amazing as always,eddie rocked as spiderman and the guys dressed as joker and harley you guys were great ps i would love some photos :o your genius has inspired me to try and join the garrison thanks

to round up the best collectormania yet long live glasgow cheers merlin31

Hey all, its Rob (Usual 10th Doctor and Marty Mcfly, as no one seems to know that this is indeed me)

Just wanted to say I had an AMAZING weekend and want to thank a lot of people for making it possible:

Rev Scapegoat and the Marine crew. You guys are AWESOME! Always enjoyed seeing you around cons, but to finally meet you all and hang out was great. You lot put so much fun and love into your costumes and the way you carry yourselves that it made spending time with you and getting to know you a joy. THANK YOU!

All the cosplayers that entered our competitions, especially Robin (keeping your identity secret, but you know who you are lol), Joker and Harley Quinn (thank you for making me the highest picthed man in the con) and Doc Brown! But everyone that entered did great cosplays and deserved some sort of prize (if only we had the money!)

The UKG, especially Cocomando. You guys, as always, brought some awesome costumes and patrolled like demons. I know the public always appreciate the trooping and I do too, as the huge star wars nut that I am.

The entire crew (which I, after all these years, was finally a part of). THANK YOU! Once again, you made my weekend enjoyable, managable, stress-free and fun. You guys all rock to the very core of the earth!

And finally Jason, thank you for yet another amazing event that I was proud to call myself a part of!

i have attended all 4 CMGs and have enjoyed them all in equal measure......this one was my first as a crew member though and the regular guys were great to get to know and i hope i am asked back again to the next CMG to crew it

twas a hoot today.......was assisting Kenny Baker today and was next to Warwick Davies who has a wicked sense of humour and superb driving skills lol.......kenny was a pleasant guest to assist and him and his wife were great to talk to

Yeah, I'm going to sound like I'm copying everyone else on this thread, but I have to say: one of the best CG's I've been too!

Thanks to all the workers, and guests, and to everyone who came and dressed up and everything. (I was the alternative universe female tenth Doctor) and congratulations to all those who won at the cosplay!

Looking forward to next year!

well what can i say that hasn't already been said .

my feet are sore ,i'm absolutely shattered but still feel like i'm on a high.

This was BY FAR THE MOST AWSOMEST CON i'v had the pleasure of attending.

KUDOS to everyone i had a chance to speak to.

Scapey big shout out to you and the UKCM guys , an awsome bunch of guys and gals with awsome big boys toys. What a collection of props dude , and you're DJ ing was right up my street . Hugs till next time guys.

A big cuddle to the cosplay girls ,Turkfox and the the other one 9sorry forgot you're name , my bad),and a massive pat on the back to BeatrixKiddo88 (Rob, 1.21 gigwatts) for being so far the best cosplay team , you guys deserve a prize too. ( couldn't belive i thought i'd come on third , even told scrapyard sculptures i was 3rd , was even wondering if i had been given the wrong bag till my wife slapt me on the head and you guys confirmed that i was indeed first )

now me mando has taken top prize i'll have to work on another one , hope fully next time i'll bring 4 costumes instead of just 3

Mel you're Leia was awsome , you wear it well .Brian as the punisher was cool

Eddie as always a pleasure to chat to you big guy loving the Spidey cosy and hope you get a new Vader bucket soon.

A shout out to the crew for possibly attaining the highest standard at the most hektick of times ., double kudos.

To all the guys cosplaying there were some awsome ones there , Kelsprook awsome Captain Jack Harkness, and Robin for taking the time for a chat , trully sweet costume and ofcourse wee Scott as Doc Brown.also well done to Ravenshayde and Comwhite nice costumes guys , Marty as always a great effort , hope the thumbs better.

my fellow Garrison brothers for an awsome time , especially the 3 guys that traveled up from England and of course the 3 that travel from Inverness and Aberdeen

Lastly and by no means leastly Jason just for , well really having Showmasters and bringing Collector Mania to Scotland , you really put on a show dude was good to get a chance to chat to you and i think i managed it in all 3 costumes , cheers big guy you're a star .

well i'v had my say thanks guys , for the last 3 months i'v been signed off with depression this con was such a hit for me that i feel fine enough to go back to work , funny how things like a convention and the people and crew can have a healing factor .thanks

well see you guys next year or sooner if the case may be.

:clap::P:D:dance::wub::D

Edited by Cocomando

MCFLYYY!

*Noogie*

:P

Jason told me after Saturday that the day was such a big success that he's going to up the stakes for next year.]

Also, after the "interesting" way the party ended up going this year, he's also decided to pass the responsibility for the entire thing on to me for next year... So watch this space for the next one!

And if anyone has any suggestions, drop me a line - I'll no doubt start a thread later on about it to keep this thread free of party-related stuff.

That aside, t'was also great to finally meet and chat to Joyce, the lads from Filmcell, as well as the regular chat-ees... all the dealers who have repeatedly violated my wallet over the past years! :)

Scapey big shout out to you and the UKCM guys , an awsome bunch of guys and gals with awsome big boys toys. What a collection of props dude , and you're DJ ing was right up my street . Hugs till next time guys.

Good seeing you as always mate!

*Secret handshake*

And thanks - Good to have requests from folk with similar tastes to me... Even if it's not hard!

"No R&B or chipmunk techno" :dance:

I'm glad that so many people had a great time, and now know just what SM are capable of prob better than before the event.

I was only there today, but there certainly appeared to be a lot of attendees in the hall , which can only be good for future events.

From what I saw and heard the Cosplay had a good steady turnout both days.

All in all, a great atmosphere and vibe all round both at the event and here in the Glasgow section !!

Roll on a bigger and better CMG5 I say !!