Not normally one to moan but I am going to!

TRUKid

• Moderators

Abrams Inc was an event which had an amazing guest but was then cancelled!

Eclipse 3 I believe went ahead with a very poor turnout of guests/attendees (May be wrong)

Abrams Inc had 1 guest and sold around 70 tickets.

Eclipse 3 had 3 guests and sold around 150 tickets.

Hallowhedon so far has 2 guests, and they've sold all Golds (150), all Silver (150), and it looks like at least over 200 Standards. So you can see how it's not really comparable.

No matter how amazing 1 guest was for Abrams, it was never going to be enough to shift a large amount of tickets.

Hallowhedon has been funded by a substantial amount of ticket sales, and so I think it shouldn't be put in the same boat as those other cons. Even if it's taking a long time to announce guests, it's not like they're not getting them because they have nothing to fund them.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, I may be a moderator but I'm also a customer in this case.

You may be a customer in this case but being a moderator obviously still comes first. I can't imagine saying anything bad would go down too well.

I'm not worried about the event being cancelled i'm just worried about only having 2 guests. At this point i'd even be happy with a "Yes we guarantee one way or another there will be a full line up". We just want to know that we're going to be getting value for money because it is alot of money.

Although I suppose if all else fails I still get to meet James and I get to party the whole weekend with you wonderful people B) Oh and I get to see Sazzy again!!!

• Moderators

You may be a customer in this case but being a moderator obviously still comes first. I can't imagine saying anything bad would go down too well.

I'm not worried about the event being cancelled i'm just worried about only having 2 guests. At this point i'd even be happy with a "Yes we guarantee one way or another there will be a full line up". We just want to know that we're going to be getting value for money because it is alot of money.

My money comes first. If I didn't feel I wasn't getting value for money, I wouldn't have paid out for a silver ticket. I'm not made of money. If I have an issue or a complaint, I'll let them know, but I haven't.

And people who want a 'guarantee' should know how these things work. Intentions and plans are realistic, but guarantees are simply not possible with things like this. Even if they come out and say it, they can't guarantee a full lineup. No convention organiser can.

I totally agree PlayfulHeartMonkey

I've said this before. Hub 3 have loads of guests and gold tickets are same price as Hallowhedon gold with 2 guests. I feel like i'm being robbed lol. I would much prefer SM just to say Nick and James will be the ONLY guests and my mind would be at rest ... slightly. SM getting guests for Hub 3and CM so close to Hallowhedon annoys me :poki:

Well then can we at least have a guarantee that if there's not a full line up then it will be made up to the people who paid extra so they could get several photo shoots in some other way.

Standard ticket £78

James photoshoot £20

Nicholas photo shoot £15

= £113

That's less than a silver ticket. I bought silver so the photoshoots would be better value for money and i'm seriously worried i'd have been better buying them separately.

i've paid £195 for Gold

James photo =£20

Nick '' '' = £20

James Autograph=£20

Nick '' '' = £20

total cost £80

so should the cost of the party entry tickets and talks etc come to £115?

(I put random prices in so if they're not right .... I don't care lol) I'm just making a point :)

Woah, I'm as impatient as anyone, but you're going WAY over the top by, THREE MONTHS AHEAD, claiming that you're being ripped off. Claim that you're being ripped off if you're at the event and there's still nobody else there. Right now it seems like you're actually eager to be ripped off.

Very relaxed and happy here .

I would rather ME spend extra time in securing the best guests available then rushing out numerous guest annoucements like (no offence intended) the 5th vampire on the right (the one who forgot to put his teeth in before 'action' was announced') or an alliance soldier that took a shot at Mal (but was holding his gun the wrong way around and the director didn't notice). As another comparison Chevron 7.3 the week after only has three guests announced so far. Not at all worried about that either

I will only be concerned if no more guests have been announced by the week or two leading up to the respective events. Plenty of time yet!

:blink:

I would be concerned... but obviously SM (or ME) have given up on getting 'many' more ticket sales and they are going for the best they can get!

Fair enough in that case! :D

I, personally, was not going for the guests anyway having met most of them already but im hoping for a full house of guests.. no matter who! Theres still LOADS of supporting cast I havnt met! ;)

I'm going to jump into this too... this is my first con and I would be coming all the way from the US. The first and only Buffy event I've went to was the Reunion in Hollywood, and it was so much fun to be around people who loved Buffy as much as I do and even more fun meeting the likes of Sarah Michelle Gellar and the rest of the cast. Once I heard about this con I knew I wanted to come because it just seemed perfect to have a Whedonverse con on Halloween. I was going to get a Gold ticket but they sold out before I could justify spending the money on the ticket for the guests that were announced. I still plan to go but it is definitely getting frustrating that there seems to be no communication at all coming from the organizers of this event -- no word at all as to what is going on and whether we are even going to get anymore than Nick and James. You would think they would at LEAST ease our frustration and worry by telling us they are 'working on it' or reassuring that more guests WILL be announced and that they will be worth the trouble it will take to get to this event.

Several people from Showmasters have posted on here, saying that the reason it is taking so long is that they're trying to get big guests and this could take a little more time. They also said, that in case they don't get the big guests, they have 'smaller' guests lined up as their replacement. Shouldn't that put your mind at ease? Constantly complaining and nagging them, will not make them get the guests sooner.

I'm as impatient as the lot of you, but it's still 10 weeks til the event and A LOT can happen in that time. By A LOT I don't mean cancellation, because the tickets have already been sent out and if SM were concerned that they won't be getting additional guests, they wouldn't have sent those out. Gold/Silver are sold out as opposed to the case of say Eclipse 3, where only very little guests were there, because no tickets were sold. All of you should have enough trust in SM and common sense, that they're not gonna 'rip us off' with two guests, when 300+ people have bought tickets so far...

Now relax, enjoy your summer and come back here to bitch if two weeks before the event we still have no more announcements. Joining the twitter account of SM is also a very nice thing to stop from constantly refreshing the forums, as David is very speedy with updating guest announcements and it stops from obsessing over the refresh button. (It helps me!)

Edited by Haunted

• Moderators

Now relax, enjoy your summer and come back here to bitch if two weeks before the event we still have no more announcements. Joining the twitter account of SM is also a very nice thing to stop from constantly refreshing the forums, as David is very speedy with updating guest announcements and it stops from obsessing over the refresh button. (It helps me!)

I'm glad it helps :D I can imagine having a little guest announcement pop up as a surprise every so often is quite enjoyable :lol:

Edited by DavidB

I really do not think anyone should worry at all!

The two guests announced are AMAZING- well to me anyway. I wouldn't care if they just has them haha.

BUT I went to muggle mayhem- and even though there were 6 guests- they were really small. Some only has like 1 line in the film- but the event itself was amazing!! Probably enjoyed that more than Eternal Twilight 1- and they guests were much bigger. I think this will be a brilliant event and everyone shouldn't worry.

There were people worrying about the guest, as there were only 3 guests announced a week before the event. SM actually announced one guest the night before. I have every faith in SM and I think everyone else should. Its not like we have 2 extras from one episode of Buffy, we have two main characters!

Its going to be brilliant!!

Several people from Showmasters have posted on here,

I take it you mean one person on the 12th July 2009, the one being Jason, when he wrote:

"we have a short list of guest we are going for and we will have some more guest for you soon , but we are also trying to book one or two guest that have not been to the UK before , so we are trying for them first and thats were our budget will go if we can get them and if not its going to be very easy to get some great guest that will have a great time with us over the weekend.

So now you know what we are doing , and we will keep you in the loop as it happens"

Whilst I would never personally worry about such things, assurance is nice and I'm sure others do tend to become concerned when progress appears slower than the quoted "soon". I have certainly no desire to receive tweets the second a guest is announced, merely a formal announcement via the website.

Edited by laird

It's all very well saying "it's too soon to bitch" but the fact is I had 2 friends who were waiting to see who else was announced before they came and now it's too late as the hotel is booked and the plane prices have gone up.

They are losing customers by waiting.

I think they would do well to announce several smaller guests 9 weeks before the show than wait until 2 weeks before the show to announce someone amazing when it's too late for new people to book... Just saying.

We might have 11 guests but they're not all massive stars. We have 2 main stars and James and he's not being paid for by SM. Although I do feel your pain and I'm glad I'm not going but I'm sure you can wait until SM decide whether they can get this bigger guest. So you can have say 3 big stars and then some smaller.

Although once again it's nice to have the smaller guests who I will only meet once but some of ours aren't even heard of.

So just keep on trucking or w/e and I'm sure you will get more.

This post accomplished nothing and I never come on the Hallowhedon boards. Not sure how I ended up here so feel free to ignore it lol

Several people from Showmasters have posted on here, saying that the reason it is taking so long is that they're trying to get big guests and this could take a little more time. They also said, that in case they don't get the big guests, they have 'smaller' guests lined up as their replacement. Shouldn't that put your mind at ease? Constantly complaining and nagging them, will not make them get the guests sooner.

I'm as impatient as the lot of you, but it's still 10 weeks til the event and A LOT can happen in that time. By A LOT I don't mean cancellation, because the tickets have already been sent out and if SM were concerned that they won't be getting additional guests, they wouldn't have sent those out. Gold/Silver are sold out as opposed to the case of say Eclipse 3, where only very little guests were there, because no tickets were sold. All of you should have enough trust in SM and common sense, that they're not gonna 'rip us off' with two guests, when 300+ people have bought tickets so far...

I like Haunted. He's smart. go team!

^ Thanks. :) Woman though, my avatar is misleading!

I'm glad it helps :D I can imagine having a little guest announcement pop up as a surprise every so often is quite enjoyable :D

It is! Twitter seems to turn into my information HQ. Haha.

I'm def on the boat for wanting answers i mean i'm coming all the way from the US for this and it's my first con so i'll be mightily upset if it gets screwed up but people keep mentioning Abrams and Eclipse 3. What happened? and what are they. am i missing something?

I don't know about Eclipse 3 but Abrams was cancelled but that was because they didn't sell enough tickets which don't seem like a problem in this case at least.

Edited by Mandelina