Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Everybody talks Twilight, Twilight, Twilight.

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen that movie, doesn't care to therefor doesn't care to meet the actors - at least because of that movie? :blink:

No I know you aren't, I have many friends very much the same way. It won't be a Twilight person anyway cause all the major ones have done shows before so that should make you happy ;)

I'm a proud twilight fan, but i don't go for the actors. (met robert pattinson for hp though :) )

I like the books and what stephanie meyer made.

I love the movie but it was just a movie!

Now I feel old... considering Blade Runner and ET both came out the year I was born....

I got that beat - I remember seeing ET at the cinema on it's initial run.

Me too. That was back in the days when half of the cinema was smoking, and someone came out halfway through the film with Kia-oras.

But seriously people - a lot of people on this forum weren't born in 1992, let alone 1982!

I remember seeing Star Wars on it's initial run!! The Adelphi cinema, Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland - Balcony, rear, right hand side. Like it was yesterday!!!

Instead of buying a Gold Pass, maybe I should be looking for a bus pass.

Now I feel old... considering Blade Runner and ET both came out the year I was born....

I got that beat - I remember seeing ET at the cinema on it's initial run.

Me too. That was back in the days when half of the cinema was smoking, and someone came out halfway through the film with Kia-oras.

But seriously people - a lot of people on this forum weren't born in 1992, let alone 1982!

Wow that makes me ancient then I was born in 1972 lol

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen that movie, doesn't care to therefor doesn't care to meet the actors - at least because of that movie? :blink:

No I know you aren't, I have many friends very much the same way. It won't be a Twilight person anyway cause all the major ones have done shows before so that should make you happy ;)

It's not that I am worried, that it will be someone I don't want to meet.

Who ever it will be some will be excited and some will not care.

There is already some that I am excited about meeting and as long as they don't cancel I am happy.

It was more as case of almost feeling left out with all the talk about Twilight, that I can't really relate to. ;)

If we're talking ages then, how many people remember going to the cinema and seeing a short film before you saw the main film ?

If you did, can you remember it ? The one I saw was called "The Superstitous Man" I think .

I never got a break within the film though, and back then, there was absolutely NO talking whatsoever, Nowadays I see people text etc.

Maybe if this particular subject is to be discussed, a seperate thread could be created? so we don't take this one too off-topic.

Oh, and I have absolutely NO/ZERO interest in Twilight either ...

I'm a proud twilight fan, but i don't go for the actors. (met robert pattinson for hp though :) )

I like the books and what stephanie meyer made.

I love the movie but it was just a movie!

Twilight is one of those love or hate things I think. Most people are either "Twi-hards" who the books and film have had a huge impact on their lives (myself included) or those who are put off by the hype...with the exception of the few middlers who like it but could leave it.

:)

Twilight is one of those love or hate things I think. Most people are either "Twi-hards" who the books and film have had a huge impact on their lives (myself included) or those who are put off by the hype...with the exception of the few middlers who like it but could leave it.

:)

I doesn't hate Twilight. I can't hate a movie I haven't seen. :blink:

If we're talking ages then, how many people remember going to the cinema and seeing a short film before you saw the main film ?

If you did, can you remember it ? The one I saw was called "The Superstitous Man" I think .

I never got a break within the film though, and back then, there was absolutely NO talking whatsoever, Nowadays I see people text etc.

Maybe if this particular subject is to be discussed, a seperate thread could be created? so we don't take this one too off-topic.

Oh, and I have absolutely NO/ZERO interest in Twilight either ...

I don't think we're going off-topic as the topic is kinda on hold for now.

I remember seeing the short movies before the main one. One in particular haunts me to this day.

It was Britsh movie about a hitch-hicker who dressed as a woman but was a man. The hairy hands gave it away!! He killed his victims with a knife. The final shot was of a car, stopped at the red lights after picking him up. The lights turn green but the car doesn't moveoff. Scard the crap ouit of me!!

And I saw it before a U Cert movie, must have been 1978/79. Whoever put those 2 together owes me a fortune in therapy sessions!!!

BTW, haven't seen Twilight either but as a Buffy/Angel/True Blood fan, I intend to see it.

I couldn't care less about Twilight either. I am just hoping that the announcement is not going to be some generic pretty boy which results in 20 pages of "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "squee".

I saw SW on it's first run too so am too old to attend events that don't provide chairs!

Sagart : So that's 2 of us then who saw the "shorts"

Should have added, what's weird though, I never got into Buffy/Angel , but am enjoying True Blood . I want to buy the Tru Blood drink, but it's only available in the USA....

Yeah, and I recall getting quite impatient with these support films, some of which were feature-length. C'mon, start the proper film!

My earliest cinema-going memory is probably The Land That Time Forgot (1975). My main memory of seeing Star Wars on its first run was that I was bored by the long battle at the end. Mind you, it could have been worse. Rumours had gone round at school that the film was five hours long. When it finished after two, I was a bit disappointed, despite the film losing me in the final 20 minutes.

I saw ET with my best friend, David. We sat there, two 12-year-old boys, trying our hardest not to cry. When ET was on his 'deathbed', David leant in to me and started making funny noises, in an obvious effort to distract us both. It didn't work.

Did anyone ever go to the 'Saturday morning pictures'? I was a regular in the early '80s. My mum would drop me and a friend off at the cinema at 9am, and go off and do her shopping for three hours, while we enjoyed cartoons, short films and a main feature, and loaded ourselves full of sweets. It was anarchy in the stalls most weeks, as a couple of hundred kids, high on Sherbet Fountains and Panda Pops, seized the opportunity to run riot in the absence of their parents.

We need a dedicated 'old-timers' thread, I think. Twilight-free. :blink:

Yeah, and I recall getting quite impatient with these support films, some of which were feature-length. C'mon, start the proper film!

My earliest cinema-going memory is probably The Land That Time Forgot (1975). My main memory of seeing Star Wars on its first run was that I was bored by the long battle at the end. Mind you, it could have been worse. Rumours had gone round at school that the film was five hours long. When it finished after two, I was a bit disappointed, despite the film losing me in the final 20 minutes.

I saw ET with my best friend, David. We sat there, two 12-year-old boys, trying our hardest not to cry. When ET was on his 'deathbed', David leant in to me and started making funny noises, in an obvious effort to distract us both. It didn't work.

Did anyone ever go to the 'Saturday morning pictures'? I was a regular in the early '80s. My mum would drop me and a friend off at the cinema at 9am, and go off and do her shopping for three hours, while we enjoyed cartoons, short films and a main feature, and loaded ourselves full of sweets. It was anarchy in the stalls most weeks, as a couple of hundred kids, high on Sherbet Fountains and Panda Pops, seized the opportunity to run riot in the absence of their parents.

We need a dedicated 'old-timers' thread, I think. Twilight-free. :wub:

'Saturday Morning pictures' ah that brings back memories, any one remember Chico The rainmaker . The other vivid memory of them was that one week they 'accidently' showed Sheena (with Tanya Roberts showing full nudity great for a 12 year old lol) and the manager having to come out the next week and apologise lol

I'm thinking maybe Samuel L Jackson, isnt jason a huge star wars fan?? and Samuel L Jackson is old skool, his still current and could please everyone with the amount of films his does i dont know if his done UK or US cons before but im thinking not. what does people think??

Nope. Already been discussed. He thinks us auto hunters are sad.

Wow that makes me ancient then I was born in 1972 lol

I'm a year older.

I also saw all three original Star Wars movies at the cinema on their original release, which makes me a dinosaur here, I'm guessing.

But just to prove that stereotyping doesn't work - I absolutely know who Edward James Olmos is - Bladerunner is one of my all time favourite movies. But I also went to Eternal Twilight and am booked for the second one too. Not everyone who likes Twilight is an idiot with no concept of the genre. And trust me, not all of us are into the screaming - just read the threads on the ET forum complaining about the conduct of a small proportion of attendees and you will get the gist. And not all the tweens and teens are screaming morons either - some of the older fans are way worse.

I think we just have to accept that a lot of these fans are just new to this stuff. It's just sort of sad to me that people are so disparaging about something that is bringing new people into the world of cons and signing events. We all had to start somewhere. For me it was my brothers' Fangoria magazines, Stephen King novels and Universal Studios monster movies collection. Those led me on to other genre stuff.

So maybe someone who starts out on Twilight because Rob Pattinson is cute checks out 30 Days of Night next and then goes from that to The Thing or whatever.

[

So maybe someone who starts out on Twilight because Rob Pattinson is cute checks out 30 Days of Night next

*lol* That would be FANTASTIC!

Some teenager whose only idea of vampires comes from Twilight then decides to try watching 30 Days Of Night! I would love to be in that room when it happens ...

I'm thinking maybe Samuel L Jackson, isnt jason a huge star wars fan?? and Samuel L Jackson is old skool, his still current and could please everyone with the amount of films his does i dont know if his done UK or US cons before but im thinking not. what does people think??

He's right - we are!!

Am I the only one who spots the hypocrisy here?

He and Liam Neeson both specifically chased after George Lucas in order to be in the prequel trilogy. They didn't know anything about it other than it was Star Wars so they wanted to be in it. And then WE're "sad" for wanting their autograph ...

any one remember Chico The rainmaker

Absolutely. The

has stuck with me to this day. I was really pleased to find it on YouTube a couple of months back.

I recall The Chiffy Kids' theme too. Alas, that's eluded my internet searches, though.

Tell me about it lol damn you with that link I will be singing it all day now lol