LFCC Feedback

Hi all,

This was my first experience of LFCC and lets just say although there were good points I have unfortunatly have a few bad ones.

Bad Points

1.) Everytime I asked someone about the Blood Type showing they either didnt know what I was talking about or where it was. I asked at the general enquiries desk and I had a very rude crew member raise her voice at me just when I simply asked no one seems to know whats going on. Unfortunatly I didnt get her name. By this point I had missed the first half an hour as to which I gave up the ghost of ever seeing it at LFCC

2.) My friend had a bad photo from a photo shoot and lets just say we spoke to someone about and it and again wasnt very helpful and had a female butt into the conversation simply to say if you want that much you need to pay again. Which again was very unhelpful. In turn this upset my friend so much so the thought of coming back to an event was seeming unlikly although see below as we did evetually get it sorted.

3.) Congestion round VQ tickets area although this would always happen maybe the layout could be pushed back to give a bit more space or least put the busier guests at either end of the hall so there is more space to get to them. Again I understand everyone would go to the busiet people but the area do the centre was particulary congested even after 4.00pm towards the end of the event

4.) Paid Twilight Talk and free talks - I think a presenter would certainly be handy to fill the uncomfortable silences and also if possible maybe move to enclosed space if there would be one available. If not bring people to the front the answer questions as the feedback from the microphone was awful.

5.) Phelps twins photos that ran out which were not on the autograph desk they were on the enquiries desk. I honestly think people were just taking them eve if they didnt get an autograph because no one was watching them clearly because they were busy dealing with people coming up to the desk which is not their fault

Good points

1.) Wendy on the general enquiries desk was very helpful. I was really impressed although the desk was really busy she still too her time to explain things which was greatly appreciated.

2.) Due to unsatisfactory comment from said member of staff before regarding the photo shoot I decided to speak to someone else about it Katie didnt catch last name was extremly helpful and managed to sort the situation out for us of which I extremely grateful.

3.) Dealers selection was awesome lots to choose from

4.) Charity storm tropper were amazing and it was wicked they were doing it for charity keep the work up

5.) Jacon Kogan was an awesome guest such a little pro and someone I wouldnt have ever thought about meeting until he smiled and waved at us as we walked past

Although this would seem like a long rant I would like to say I really enoyed myself and I understand what with guest cancellations and the P. Fac passport issue you would have had a lot of complaints and I could stomach someone being rude to me once just through understanding but for a upstanding Crew member of Showmasters/Massive Events to do so so was unacceptable. Jason if you would like the name of this team member i would be happy to tell you privately.

Sorry if you all think im just moaning but I can tolerate a hell of lot and I wouldnt normally be so verbal about it. But I did try to get it sorted at the time and it didnt get me very far lol.

Thanks for reading

• Moderators

I must admit I struggled myself to hear a lot of the talk stuff, which did make it pretty difficult for the guests.

I went to the Heroes one as I was looking after Sendhil, and even he said he didn't have a clue what half of the questions were.

I'm not quite sure what went wrong this time compared to previous events, as they never had such extreme problems when I've been to others.

As for the Phelps photos, I know of a few people that took them 'because they could' and 'they were free so why not' .. and that was annoying because I know of others that ended up having to either buy one off the dealers stall, or got scraps of paper signed! Pretty ridiculous really, and only because of some people being selfish.

I had some problems understanding the talks as well... The Heroes one was the worst I think, with the Stargate one also. The Harry Potter one and the Twilight one were better... S no clue what went wrong with that !

About the talks, I also have a feedback to give: they were really interesting and everything, but the bad point I would highlight is that the first 3 rows should have had signs thay were restricted to gold pass holders. I didn't have any problem because I already knew that, but I saw some people who did, and by the time someone told them they could not sit there, they had to go to the very end of the area since every other seat was not available anymore.... do you get my point here?

But I will say that over and over again: GREAT SHOW!!!! I am really thinking about getting a Gold Pass for next year!!

I agree with the volume of the microphones a the talks. Last year I could hear both the guests and the audience questions very clearly, but this time it seemed the microphones where quieter.

Also the music/talking from the other stage seemed much louder than the main stage lol and so during the masquerade I could hear the music for the cosplayers much better than Scott Bakula talking.

• Showmasters Admin

thank you for all the points we do take every thing on board

i am aware of sound issues and we have already been talking about this in the car on the way home , it was down to there being so many more people in the event and background noise

we already have a plan for this for next year event so do not worry

jason :(

my only issue would really be the placement of guests. i know that it must be difficult with few staff members and i understand that having all guests together seems the easiest way to run things, however i feel that the main guests are always far to close to each other, which leads to a mass of people in a small area, leading to confusion and disorganisation on the behalf of staff and public alike. purhaps a lil more space between major guest would see a more spread body of people.

Yeah if you have say 20 guests in a line, splitting the 'huge' guests at intervals of 5 would greatly cut down on the mass of people getting VQs and queuing around the area.

Always wondered why SM bunch the bigger guests together, it always causes massive crowds to form and the staff have to sort them out lol

At LFCC a few years ago in the Lost talk you had to come down to the front to ask questions....the mics were at either side of the stage in the aisle.

I think this worked better tbh. Meant that there was no gaps with the crew member having to rush round to get to the next person with their hand up. Plus with the nics closer to the guests I think it was probably easier to hear the questions.

The sound was awful this year, I agree with that. The Heroes talk was just a disaster lol.

The Stargate one was better but it just felt waaay too short.

xxxx

I wasn't at this LFCC but my sister was and she was getting my autographs for me so she kept me updated through the day! From what she's said it seemed great and I was insanely jealous of everyone who got to go! The only thing that seemed a bit annoying was that the Phelps twins photos ran out, but then that isn't the biggest thing considering they are free so we can't moan. I think it just made her have a bit of a panic as she didn't want me moaning at her for not getting me their autographs (as she had nothing for them to sign on at all!) so she had a bit of a mad dash around the stalls looking for anything!

But it does sound like it was an awesome weekend and I am definitely going to come next year, I don't care what work tells me! I am not going to work another miserable weekend thinking about all the fun I could be having!

A friend and I were at some of the talks, and did witness at one talk a crew member having to go and get the DDR music turned down as it was bleeding into the talks, It was amusing to see Tom Baker's reaction to all the noise that was being generated.

I did raise this myself and got a pro-active response to my comment about it . So here's hoping that at future events , the DDR is at one corner of the venue, and the talk area is at the other corner of the venue!

To be fair though, this was the first time I believe DDR has been at LFCC, so accept that it's a learning curve for the organisers to see how it fits in to the scheme of things.

A friend and I were at some of the talks, and did witness at one talk a crew member having to go and get the DDR music turned down as it was bleeding into the talks, It was amusing to see Tom Baker's reaction to all the noise that was being generated.

I did raise this myself and got a pro-active response to my comment about it . So here's hoping that at future events , the DDR is at one corner of the venue, and the talk area is at the other corner of the venue!

To be fair though, this was the first time I believe DDR has been at LFCC, so accept that it's a learning curve for the organisers to see how it fits in to the scheme of things.

We're sorry about that, the machine was rented and all of the controls are inside the machine door which was locked from us. We'll definitely take into consideration it's location in future, and keeping the volume down - it doesn't really need to be as loud as it was.

We're sorry about that, the machine was rented and all of the controls are inside the machine door which was locked from us. We'll definitely take into consideration it's location in future, and keeping the volume down - it doesn't really need to be as loud as it was.

Your apology is accepted on condition you're back next year with more retro games consoles , they were great and certainly took me back to some good old times of gaming on SNES etc !!

Was the first year for me, although my girlfriend had been before.

On the whole I had a great time, and would definitely like to come back again.

First, some (hopefully) constructive criticism for next time.

1) the Twilight talk was sold out by the time we got there (10.45) I didn't see any way of pre-booking online before we went otherwise I would have definitely done so. If this is my error, I accept this, but would like to know where to look next time. There also seemed to be a lot of unused space behind the seating area. Not sure why there couldn't have been more seats, and by extension, more tickets.

2) It's been mentioned before, but the Phelps twins running out of photos. We ended up buying a photo from one of the stands, but all the Phelps ones had been sold (probably for this reason) so we had to settle for a group shot. See my 'Positives' for more on this.

3) Again been mentioned before, but the sound wasn't good. When we got to the queue for Peter Facinelli, the guy was like 'Oh all the 400s are coming now, did you guys only just hear me call 600 now?' We hadn't heard him all day, we were just periodically checking the notice.

3) I didn't get a sketch from Casey Coller! I'm adding this one as a joke as this was nobody's fault. I just wish I'd asked for one earlier before he got so backlogged. He still happily signed a print for me though and did seem geniunely sorry he couldnt sketch a Jazz for me. I'll have to get him next time :)

And some positives.

1) I really like the way you handled the more popular autographs with the ticket system. I also want to thank the guy who let me stand in line with my girlfriend when she went for Peter Facinelli's autograph despite me not having my own ticket. He was also laughing and joking with the queue. Seemed like a really nice guy.

2) The lady running the Phelps' queue helpfully told us about the photo situation as soon as we joined the line so we didn't waste any time. The Phelps' themselves were really nice guys and genuinely seemed to be enjoying themselves.

3) the guy with the radio-controlled R2. I don't know if he was an 'official' part of the event, but his R2 was superb and he was a nice bloke and happily let us pose for photos.

4) the stalls! As a self-confessed geek, I loved the collectibles on offer. So much so that it was worth all the ribbing from my girlfriend and my family when I got home for filling my suitcase with toys :) Honourable mention to the blond guy on one of the photo stalls (sorry didn't get a name) who actually looked up all the Harry Potter pics he had which featured the Weasley twins.

Edited by Bluespoonmonkey

The photo shoots on Sunday were ridiculously fast. I understand the need for 'speed' and have attended at least 100 of these types of shoots over the years and can honestly say these were the worst and most unsatisfactory. I have no idea how the guests feel, but as an attendee, I felt like a piece of meat who paid money to be stood on.

Never again!

Your apology is accepted on condition you're back next year with more retro games consoles , they were great and certainly took me back to some good old times of gaming on SNES etc !!

That SNES was my own. :) Glad you enjoyed it, It was great seeing peoples faces light up playing Mario or Sonic 2 on Mega Drive.

I'm looking to get my Atari 2600 up and running, and maybe buy some more cartridge games for my C64 - the tape loader is FAR TOO SLOW.

Hopefully we'll be given more TVs next year or something like that so we can have a more varied amount, we played it safe this year as it was our first. So far feedback has been good and we're all very pleased.

Thank you for your kind words. :wub:

Edited by speedlol!ta

The photo shoots on Sunday were ridiculously fast. I understand the need for 'speed' and have attended at least 100 of these types of shoots over the years and can honestly say these were the worst and most unsatisfactory. I have no idea how the guests feel, but as an attendee, I felt like a piece of meat who paid money to be stood on.

Never again!

i felt the shoots were a little too fast and quite impersonal, but because of the vast amount of people there and the facinelli pasport problem, I can see why they were so rushed.

I had a reaaaaaaaaaally good time :)

my bad points would be..

1) The photo distribution on the staurday mainly, we didnt end up leaving the event till almost 6.10.. because we were waiting for one photo.

2) the sound in the talks, i found it pretty difficult to hear what they were saying.

3) as someone else mention about the blinky pic and how my friend was told to "buy another" instead of being helped, although in the end, with help from some awsome crew it did get fixed, but i didnt that comment was really nice :/.

goood points..

1) the photo session themselfs seemed to be well managed and oragnised and everyting went smoothly for me.

2) pretty much all the crew were really lovely and friendly

3) ALL the things to do there this year, seemed to be more stalls too bu tthat might of just been me, all in all it left it so u cudnt be bored and waiting around, so that was fun :)

i really really enjoted this event, i think it had good variety and was a lot of fun! bring on next year! x

I only went on the Saturday and was done by 2pm, so this feedback is based on that day.

Bad points:

Not enough chairs. The Chill Zone was great for someone like me who is still quite young and perfectly bodily able but I was thinking about older people and people who are disabled/have health problems and I think more chairs would have been better. The LFCC is massive so it's not like there wouldn't be room for two or three proper seating areas as opposed to just the one.

The Queues. Tom Baker's queue was a mess. There desperately needed to be more proper VQs put in place. I was quite shocked at how few there were. It created so much congestion around the main signing area.

The Good:

Lots more people this year than last year. A much nicer atmosphere (despite big names like Christopher Lloyd, last year was just flat), more younger people which brought an added buzz to the event, many more people in costumes....

Not under Showmasters control so I never complain when it's bad but the selection of food on offer to buy was much better this year. The vendors seem to have realised that not everyone wants vegetable in all their food and they leaned to much more traditional sandwiches fillings and gave people who aren't vegetable mad an option as well. It's a little thing but it still helped to make LFCC that much more comfortable.

The queues outside before 9am were kept as organized as possible from what I could see.

The staff I spoke to were all very helpful and appeared in good spirits.

All the guests I met seemed genuinely relaxed and enjoying themselves. There was a lovely relaxing atmosphere despite the large numbers of attendees and the chaos of some of the queues. I don't know how it happened but it was really nice.

Edited by Princess83

Was the first year for me, although my girlfriend had been before.

On the whole I had a great time, and would definitely like to come back again.

First, some (hopefully) constructive criticism for next time.

1) the Twilight talk was sold out by the time we got there (10.45) I didn't see any way of pre-booking online before we went otherwise I would have definitely done so. If this is my error, I accept this, but would like to know where to look next time. There also seemed to be a lot of unused space behind the seating area. Not sure why there couldn't have been more seats, and by extension, more tickets.

The Twilight talk tickets were sold online, and the tickets sold out a couple of weeks before the show. The tickets were sold through the Showmasters Online store here: http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2.sf/...Store2.Shop1309

I'm not sure when you checked on this, but it looks like the listing for talk tickets was removed at some point. That is probably why you didn't see it.

There also seemed to be a lot of unused space behind the seating area. Not sure why there couldn't have been more seats, and by extension, more tickets.

You mean the signing area where the guests were sitting, or the seating in the talk area? If you mean the talk area I imagine this had to be kept open due to fire regulations.

Yeah the back of the talk area is big and empty because of all the fire doors behind there.

I did find some of the shoots to be quicker than normal, but in all of mine I still got a hello and thank you from the guest.

Never feel like a piece of meat at these events.

And for the 'blinky' pics. I dont know why it was missed, the photographers (especially Malcom, the one on photo area A) are always very thorough when checking the pics before they let you leave and get the next person in.

It was just a 0.5% chance that they missed the fact that you were blinking.