FREE BUSES

showmasters

That map reminds me so much of how square Milton Keynes is. I hate it!

Thanks for the free buses though. It helps a lot! ;)

I think thats a bit harsh! Why do you hate that the MK road layout is square and easy to get round?

Davey

Getting round in a square...very philosophic :lol:

OK, going slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a local taxi service? The bus is a great idea, but the timetable just doesn't work for me. I'll only be popping in and out of the show and if I got the bus I'd miss my train.

The only other option is to drive 350 miles and that's not good for the environment....or my wallet!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the ungratefulness to some of these posts quite staggering, the buses are free, you could just as much complain that your other modes of transport are cutting it fine, I mean the cheek of it, why can't THEY get you to the bus stop earlier so you don't miss it?

I'll be cutting it very fine to get the bust at 9:30 but if I don't quite make it, that's my problem and I'll wait for the next one.

I think it looks pretty fantastic! And the stadium doesn't look too hard to get to without the bus - when I was working out if I could go, getting from the train station to the event was one of my considerations. It looked perfectly possible without the buses, but with it'll be so much easier. And I've been to so many places that look more difficult to get to than the stadium in the past for gigs (40 minute walk from a train station with no busses in a bad area? Not too pleasant, especially at 11pm when your last train is at 11:30). But since I saw they were doing free buses I've held off organising my travel until these were announced, so I can get trains that coincide with the buses - and to get the bus early in the morning before the days start, you don't have to get up that early. It'll be a lie-in for me compared to what time I'll have to get up to get the train!

Surely everyone can work their days out to fit in with the buses if they want to use them? There's no obligation to use the buses, and if people want quicker/more frequent travel, they'll find another way. Personally, I'd prefer to wait 50 minutes or so and get a free trip than get there earlier and have to pay for a taxi. Plus, I'm used to getting buses so know I can time my day - especially as they're going from the train station and the centre, they're not exactly in difficult places to get to if you're staying in that area. And, lets say, getting up 15 minutes or so earlier in the morning so you know you can get to the bus stop in time isn't that much of a detriment on your sleep time.

Edited by lizzy88

• Showmasters Admin

That map reminds me so much of how square Milton Keynes is. I hate it!

Thanks for the free buses though. It helps a lot! ;)

I think thats a bit harsh! Why do you hate that the MK road layout is square and easy to get round?

Davey

Getting round in a square...very philosophic :lol:

OK, going slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a local taxi service? The bus is a great idea, but the timetable just doesn't work for me. I'll only be popping in and out of the show and if I got the bus I'd miss my train.

The only other option is to drive 350 miles and that's not good for the environment....or my wallet!!!

That a look in the FAQ ;)

Skyline 01908 222111

Speedline (slightly cheaper) 01908 260260

Raffles 01908 222 222

Just for quick reference!

That's great if you can wait for the next bus. Unfortunately I, personally, have to be some where else. As I mentioned I think the bus is a great idea, and I have used it in the past at the Coventry show. But for this show it just doesn't work for me, so that's why I asked if anyone knew of a taxi firm.

I don't think that's being unreasonable or ungrateful.

P.S. Thanks for the info Too Tall.

Edited by 18blue78

if my train is late i will cry lol or buy dinner lol whatever works for me.....lol but u know where that bus stop is at the staton so its all good,

and i walk to the hotel... if you can see your hotel when you step of the train and you get a taxi your just blomin lazy...and i might be on crutches next weekend lol so im going with the free bus...at least till i've met up with some otheres...

I don't think it's too much of a problem, the free bus arriving at the pickup point on the hour every hour (correct me if I'm wrong). As long as you organise yourself and give yourself plenty of time there shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by SunSpeed

• Showmasters Admin

This is a stupid question, but I've never been to Milton Kyenes before. Is the National Hockey Stadium, the Dons Stadium?

Not anymore.

It used to be when the Dons first moved to MK. They then built their own staduim (that C15 is being held at) and it is in Bletchley.

I'll just fire off an email or perhaps even call Mr Branson at Virgin, and whoever runs London Midland and ask if they can re-time all their train services for the weekend to arrive about 5-10 mins earlier please, so people can make the bus from the station to the stadium ^_^ Or would you rather do that? :D

All trains coming from Birmingham way, all virgin trains arrive at 4 mins past the hour, and london midland arrives 18 mins past the hour!

Coming from London is a little better with 2 trains arriving at 10 mins BEFORE the hour, but then 4-5 trains an hour arriving after that time..

So your looking at 2 trains an hour arriving in time for the busses, and another 5-6 at least missing them and those people having to wait up to an hour for the next one to come along after noon or so!

I can't believe you are complaining about a free bus to a free entry event.

i would think that the fact there are free busses would be a bonus. apparently not.

It is not showmasters responsibility to make sure that every person gets to the event. Lets face it there is a pretty high chance the train will be late so even if the bus did arrive 20 mins later you still may miss it, would that be showmasters fault too.

Im sorry, but I dont think this CM is going to be ANYWHERE NEAR as busy as past shows.. I think it'll be on par with Gmex or Midlands this time with the transport, new venue etc. The 'casual observer or fan' wont want to bother probably with making their way out there so I think most of the people who will go will be just the regular attendee's who have been before.

Talking of Midlands, the first one at least had busses more frequent!

you don't think it will be busy. the line up is fantastic with some great guests.

I think you are wrong

If you Book them they will come

• Moderators

It's impossible for a bus to be at a time convenient for everyone.

Unless someone's going to sit down and work out the best time in relation to every single train arriving and bus arriving and people driving from home and parking in the centre and people walking from local houses and .. yeah you get the point.

A free bus time might be inconvenient for one person but I bet it'll be fine for a lot more. Shift it to suit your own needs and guess what? Yep, suddenly it's inconvenient for someone else!

This is a stupid question, but I've never been to Milton Kyenes before. Is the National Hockey Stadium, the Dons Stadium?

Not anymore.

It used to be when the Dons first moved to MK. They then built their own staduim (that C15 is being held at) and it is in Bletchley.

Thanks. I was getting confused because the map didn't show the stadium.

Some of these posts are hysterical.

My train comes in at 5 minutes past the hour - I require the entire bus timetable to be altered to better suit myself! Waiting around for a connection are part and parcel of travelling. Don't want to wait - put your hand in your pocket and pay for a taxi!

The fact that Showmasters are putting on buses - is fantastic and should be applauded - just because the bus might not arrive at a time best suited to each and every individual is no need to moan and whine like a spoilt child.

I am planning on driving back and fore the stadium from the hotel each day - which is far from ideal - I would much prefer the event had stayed in the centre itself, but I am an adult and can suck it up and get on with it. Although if Showmasters could organise a bus just for myself and my friend who are traveling up early Friday morning from Wales that would be GREAT! :D

• Showmasters Admin

i just want to say something on behalf of everyone :P

Thank you Showmasters for the free bus service it was a good thought and it is very helpful :D

and we all know we do not like change but we can all see this is going to be a very exciting new venue :YAHOO:

look forward to a great weekend

see you there

yours

the people that like to moan a lot over every thing you do

well i thought it was funny

and have tried to clean this up to day but its a same as when the event is over we know everyone will see what we have seen this new place has the space to grow Collectormaina bigger than ever before

and when the new building is open it will be amazing

not long now

jason :P

Some of these posts are hysterical.

My train comes in at 5 minutes past the hour - I require the entire bus timetable to be altered to better suit myself! Waiting around for a connection are part and parcel of travelling. Don't want to wait - put your hand in your pocket and pay for a taxi!

The fact that Showmasters are putting on buses - is fantastic and should be applauded - just because the bus might not arrive at a time best suited to each and every individual is no need to moan and whine like a spoilt child.

I am planning on driving back and fore the stadium from the hotel each day - which is far from ideal - I would much prefer the event had stayed in the centre itself, but I am an adult and can suck it up and get on with it. Although if Showmasters could organise a bus just for myself and my friend who are traveling up early Friday morning from Wales that would be GREAT! :WINCE:

where are you in wales, im in south wales newport

It's impossible for a bus to be at a time convenient for everyone.

Every half hour, rather than 2 within 15 mins then nothing for another 45 mins is a lot more convinient for 90% of people, instead of those who happen to arrive at just the right time.

I still think the timing of them sucks.

The point is, SM wants the show to grow. But its NOT going to grow if they keep moving events out into the middle of no-where unless you drive, and making it anything less than super easy to get too, as I know people/customers and they wont do anything that requires effort! By having stupid bus times, and that being pretty much the only way to the stadium other than car, is just going to put many random people off..the only ones who will end up going are the core group of people who already were going. So it could just stagnate or go backwards.. :D

I am planning on driving back and fore the stadium from the hotel each day - which is far from ideal - I would much prefer the event had stayed in the centre itself, but I am an adult and can suck it up and get on with it. Although if Showmasters could organise a bus just for myself and my friend who are traveling up early Friday morning from Wales that would be GREAT! :D

And whats wrong with this excellent bus service your raving about eh?? Times not good for you eh? ;)

Or Just doing your bit to pollute the atmosphere a bit more and clog up the roads? :D:P:poki:

A bus would have been great as Im coming from Cardiff..but im coming on THURSDAY so it would have been no good.

Yes..THURSDAY so personally I can make the stupid bus times, but OTHERS coming on the day are the ones who will have the problems, and most will be too shy/scared to say anything. :huh:

I noticed several posts of mine have vanished. Censorship at its finest! Reminds me of a certain london events forums where everything is censored too! :(

• Moderators

And one bus per attendee would be convenient for 100% of people, but it's unrealistic. Of course, that's assuming no one wants a limo or private jet etc.

What I don't get is why you're so concerned over the buses if you're going to be fine with them anyway? Others might struggle, but they seem perfectly willing to work around the times, and yet you're speaking up about them. Why are people 'scared' to say something? Isn't it possible they're just willing to actually be organised?

The fact is you know exactly why the event was moved. If it wasn't, the lineup wouldn't have any of the bigger guests because the shopping centre wouldn't want it. Then no one would want to go along to the event anyway.

I assume you'd rather have a stronger lineup and a little inconvenience to get to the event? If people aren't interested enough in the lineup to be put off by a bus, then they're not going to bother turning up to MK full stop.

As for censorship, everyone gets away with a LOT more on here than they do over there. It's not even comparable. Arguments would never get as far as they do here.

Edited by DavidB

Why are people 'scared' to say something?

For fear of being shot down by forum regulars? Ive seen it before..a newbie will come along and say something and be shot down in flames. Others might not want to join up for similar reasons.

You know how many people complain after events about stuff, then when asked why didnt you say anything, and they reply they didnt want to say anything at the time or didnt know what to say/who too.

The fact is you know exactly why the event was moved. If it wasn't, the lineup wouldn't have any of the bigger guests because the shopping centre wouldn't want it. Then no one would want to go along to the event anyway.

Actually, I dont, ive heard the shopping center didnt want the event anymore, the center is undergoing construction work/renovation in the middleton hall area so its unusable, John Lewis didnt like people walking through their store without buying things, SM fancied a change to see how a different venue worked out, and more!

Plus, the event doesnt have any bigger guests than usual! So dont see how that would make much difference.

As for censorship, everyone gets away with a LOT more on here than they do over there. It's not even comparable. Arguments would never get as far as they do here.

Ahh but this is how it starts..a little bit at a time..

crippsy_99 do you actuely come on here and ever say anything positive?

as far as i can see there is a bus thats going to run once an hour from the 3 main point that people who are familiar with the event are going to know.

this seames like a fine and dandy idea to me.

last thing i want is to have to sit on a dam bus for another 15-20 mins after a 6 hour journy but its def easyer than trying to work out the mk public transport system.

in theroy ill get to the stadium faster than i would the shoping center!

who exactly are you fighting for?

as i've already stated i might be on crutches at the weekend and im not fussed if i have a hour to wait so be it!

im not sure who said they may need to post a letter or something but thats there problem not showmasters... post your mail earlyer than sat lol and to be honest after 9.30 on sat your letter isnt going to get there any faster than if you poted t on the monday

You know once would have done right? Didnt need to post the same thing twice :poki:

crippsy_99 do you actuely come on here and ever say anything positive?

Why yes, yes I actually do.

I have said many positive things on here.

I just have nothing positive to say at the moment :WINCE:

as far as i can see there is a bus thats going to run once an hour from the 3 main point that people who are familiar with the event are going to know.

this seames like a fine and dandy idea to me.

last thing i want is to have to sit on a dam bus for another 15-20 mins after a 6 hour journy but its def easyer than trying to work out the mk public transport system.

Three? Or you counting the actual stadium as one?

And not only will you have to sit on another bus for a while, but you may have to wait for one for almost an hour! A 7-8hr journey seems a tad too much! I barely consider events which will take me 4hrs to get too!

who exactly are you fighting for?

In one way..nothing! Just highlighting how people could potentially have a long wait for busses and be put off simply because their so close together..CM midlands 1 I believe had busses more frequent!!

On the other hand, not that it will do any good or even happen, I could be fighting for more sensible bus times.

as i've already stated i might be on crutches at the weekend and im not fussed if i have a hour to wait so be it!

Then dont go whining when your leg/foot or whatevers wrong is hurting because you've had to wait so long for a bus to show up, as your not fussed about the wait! You obviously have too much time on your hands :poki:

im not sure who said they may need to post a letter or something but thats there problem not showmasters... post your mail earlyer than sat lol and to be honest after 9.30 on sat your letter isnt going to get there any faster than if you poted t on the monday

I used that as an EXAMPLE of what someone might need to do, going from past experience..

And what about the midday post? :huh:

Edited by crippsy_99

dear i stand up all day on a concret floor im made of strong stuff im a geordie.

and miday post hasnt been about for about a year now not on a sat.

and i posted twice because my laptop is an ancient relic that belongs in a museum.... my good one died.

err, those that are replying to crippsy_99 should know that some of his comments are only made out of pure boredum. Or that he's had a bad day at work !!!

He'll bitch about the events when things change , cause he's been used to the way things were , But once he's been to the event, he'll post pictures and say what he liked about it .

He also posts cause he loves a good debate/argument , in which sometimes he goes too far.....

He knows fine well that if the events did'nt happen, he'd have to spend more weekends at home, which he would also bitch about given half the chance !!!

Watch this space, he'll moan about how much he'll willingly be spending at C15 on Ben Browder , and then again at LFCC on Scott Bakula !!

He's a known 'face' to most of the organisers due to how many events he attends. He just goes too far with what he posts !!

I'm not defending him or anything , just pointing out what he's like ! Before he manages to start yet more crap !!

@ crippsy 99 - I don't get why you are moaning when you lot are arriving on Thursday? you'll just pile out of the TL on Friday morning and it's only a few mins to walk to the station for the FREE bus?

@ Gebes :lol:

think these FREE buses are frecking awesome!!!! :( they don't start running until after the crew has to be at the venue yet you don't see any crew on here moaning about that? :poki: yet some people are moaning about a FREE bus they won't even have problems getting!!!! :o yes you can walk from the Travelodge to the mall but we always favoured that extra 20mins sleep and caught a taxi so it's no different to us staying in the TL to go to the mall or the stadium rreeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy :YAHOO: even though the Encore is near(er) the mall, the event is at the other end so we may even have caught a taxi from there too, as to not arrive in a sweaty mess, spesh given the weather these last few days!!! B)

if the times of the buses don't match up with the times people are arriving by trains (and it is unfortunate about the Bham-MK trains, but I'm sure I arrive around 30mins past the hour not 4mins ? :() then they have several choices:

1) wait for the next bus (while doing so, go to McDs, Costa, Subway...!)

2) get a taxi (SM have posted it will be £5... though I'm sure other posts have quoted £8-10 :D)

3) get a NORMAL MK bus - sorry I have no clue which one but I'm sure some one from MK could post? :smile:

4) walk up to mall to eat/look round shops and catch bus from there

5) if staying over, take stuff and check into hotel, arrive back in time for next bus

very helpful map, has helped me explain to people where Xscape and some of the hotels are :blink:

surfy sah xx

All this moaning reminds me of the humans in WALL-E. The easier you make it for people, the easier they want it. In 20 years time will SM be providing foot massages for the poor folk who have to stand in a queue for 5 minutes to get an autograph or supplying counsellors for those who didn't get to hug/kiss/become best friends with the guests?

Guys, it's a frakking autograph/collectors show!! If you want to go, go. If you don't, don't. If you don't like where a local Asda or Tesco is located, do you call the head office and ask them to move it closer to where you live? No. You just go.

If the buses don't suit, don't order a Big Mac and fries at lunchtime, take a couple of sandwiches with you to save money and hire a bloody taxi!!!

Geez...