In case any of you guys don't check like Empire and Comming soon.n

yesindeed

hey guys, being trying to stay off the boards a bit but when i saw this i HAD to share it with yall

CHECK THIS OUT

i do like the idea of seeing another movie, but not with SMG and the Scoobies as it would possibly mess up all the good things about the show, (i'm thinking newer episodes of red dwarf)

but i did like the bit about it possibly being a newer generation of slayer, like possibloe the ones from before buffy

but the boss not even getting involved at this point is worrying

what you guys think

Depends where they take it but I honestly don'T think it'd be right without the writers or Joss.Although saying that they had Joss on the original and it went wrong rumours about a certain lead cast member writing their own line sand the studio taking it in a bit of a wrong direction.

Classic 90's movie with wooden acting.I think they've hoped that theres still a big enough following to make enough cash but for ti to be long enough after for people not to relate it completley to either the film or the series.

They have seriously not understood the followers on this and I don't trust the makers as far as I can throw them with this.

reaaaaaally BAD idea, im sorry but NO ONE can do a buffy movie like joss can and i dont think alot of fans wud be happy if he wasnt involved. I just dont like the idea! if there is gunna be a buffy movie, please at least do it proply.

also buffy isn buffy with smg and the scoobys.. it just wudnt be right. even tho a movie wud be worrying with them in it coz of how he takes it, least its garenteed to be truly buffy and ten times better then what there gunna do.

Edited by Sazzzy

i think it could work, some of the best episodes arn't written by joss, he ust came up with the basic story and characters, if its a complete rebot then its all things go and a clean slate for anyone to come in

as much as joss rock's, he is a pain in the neck with deadlines these days, nearly every comic he's writing gets put back a month

i think joss got the best out of the story but it was getting very repetitive after a while, i say give it to a previous slayer with maybe some one like Kelley Armstrong writing it, or even Amber Benson she's wrote a story for the slayer Chronicles book

it'll be interesting to see what happens within the next few months

• Moderators

I just don't think it'll bring an audience in if it doesn't have Joss involved, or the TV cast.

I've always been fairly wary of a Buffy movie anyway, and I'm not entirely convinced it'd work even with the proper cast, but why alienate a pre-existing audience in favour of 'rebooting'? It doesn't need rebooting. It already has a solid cast, with some of the best written characters on TV, so they don't need to do it this time round - unlike the first time obviously.

I personally would have no interest in it. There's just no point. Make another run of the mill vampire movie, but don't call it Buffy as it won't be.

• Moderators

Hmm so you're a fan of the "Buffyverse" rather than Whedon or the TV cast/characters, and have no particular loyalty to any of them?

You'd be happy for them to do any old "Buffy" crap as long as it existed?

To be honest I see this as a rather ratty thing to do. They had their shot at an original movie and it didn't really inspire much of a following. Then Joss and his crew took it and made it a beloved cult phenomenon, and now they're pulling it back, pushing them out, and riding on the coat tails of their success to try to make their own version again.

Hmmm, I dont think I like this idea. To me, it wouldnt be Buffy without some Joss involvement and the same cast as the tv show. You just cant get new people to play characters that we know and love dearly. Like, I'd hate anyone else to play Willow.....Alyson is Willow and will always be!

xxxx

Don't forget Buffy wasn't always Sarah Michelle Gellar. Granted the TV cast was outstanding, it would be unfair to say a film featuring a new cast and crew wouldn't work until we have seen the film.

Don't forget Buffy wasn't always Sarah Michelle Gellar. Granted the TV cast was outstanding, it would be unfair to say a film featuring a new cast and crew wouldn't work until we have seen the film.

its fair to say wen the first movie they did wuith buffy, really freakign SUCKED.

I'm really of two minds on this one, on the one hand it's great that there's talks about a Buffy movie, it's nice to know that they still realize this is a fantastic series and really has such a rich story that they can easily give us a great movie so I am happy that they're in talks for a movie... however quite simply it is not a Buffy movie without either Joss or Buffy actually in it. There is no middle ground here, if you want to make a Buffy movie it has to have Buffy in it (And that Buffy must be SMG, she made the role famous and lets face it, when we think Buffy we think SMG) And Joss has to be involved at some point, Writing, Directing, Making the sandwiches ANYTHING.

Plus I think I can speak for everyone when I say if they do a Buffy movie it's also got to include the scoobies, they're a huge part of why we loved this show. every character got to shine and they were all so well written, we had 7 years to fall in love with these characters and we know them inside and out... heck the fact that all of us are going to a convention to celebrate Joss's work is largely because he's been able to give us characters that we love. Giving us a whole new set of characters to try and like and root for in 2 hours is going to be difficult because anyone who see's a poster for Buffy the movie is going to expect to see the scooby gang facing an ultimate evil, not random slayer from the 1800's facing a really bad vamp.

And one last thing... this is the woman who directed the original movie and while I know it's not her fault that that sucked (That goes to a certain actor who did rewrites and whoever decided to not let them burn down the gym amongst other rewrites) I'm still wary of letting her be the one who directs this one, why not get Marti Noxon or David Fury or possible Jane Espenson? Get one of the TV writers in there to handle script and directiong duties. We wouldn't be seeing this because we like vampire movies, we'd be seeing this because we love the TV series and want to see that up on the big screen

And sidebar why's it taken them this long to do one? Firefly was canceled and got a movie (Which rocked but my point is valid), yet Buffy ran for 7 years and still yet to have one (No one counts the original as the Buffy movie we're waiting for, cos it's a very different ind of Buffy)... wow I rambled a little there didn't I?

to be fair firefly got the movie first because it deserved the movie, Buffy and Angel have solid enough endings that you could be very happy with but FF just stops and the story needed an ending

and i assumed this would be the response, i'm sure David will agree with me when i say its a "Ric Flair" conundrum, every one is saying there not gonna watch it and boycot it but you all know your gonna go and see it anyway

i hope its a story of an older Slayer or maybe even some of the series 8 story, but think about some of the things that have been re-vamped recently, i can think of probably 3 (Batman, Starsky and Hutch and Star Trek) that are good and the big pile that have failed to deliver

another thing to remember is that this is gettng made so that the Kazuis can keep the rights and make more money, considering that Buffy is FOX these two things make for a disaster, for a great example see the 1994 Fantastic 4 movie

i would say....

this film will can without joss steering it in the right direction.

and as for smg and cast i think they should be involved, afterall they have been there and done that with a different cast & buffy movie - and it didnt do all that well lol

oh and i dont think angel had a solid ending? i never liked that ending, they need to wrap it up somehow. - preferably not in comics.

x

the only way this would work is if they did a tales from different slayers either in history or the future.

i personally dont think joss needs to be involved but his characters and the actors who play them do after all they are the reason the show lasted and why people love them.

I think this is bad idea. Buffy is preserved in time as an excellent and well thought out show, Joss' creativity and the actors imput into the characters had made it so and to mess with that is just wrong.

I for one won't be queuing to see it

Ive skipped through this thread quickly but i think your all missing out why this is being remade/rebooted.

To cash in on Twilight.

Vampires are hot with the teen crowd right now and somebodys seen the crossover success of Star Trek and is deciding to cash in.People who never saw`an episode of Star Trek are raving about that movie so to remake Buffy for a teen crowd too young to have seen the first run or without the patience to watch 6 or i dunno 7 series is a good idea.

As for needing Whedons involvment you are only as big as your last hit and Whedon hasnt had one of them since Buffy finished,im not talking critical hit im talking a crossover hit that people other than hardcore fans watch.I doubt hell have much involvment.

Im sure during the making of this proposed movie the suits and whoever directs will pay homage to "the genius of Josh Whedon" then drop their trousers when hes not looking and drop a big one onto all the good stuff he created over those 8(?) years.

The shelves at blockbuster are full of crappy remakes and reboots and this wil be sitting there in 3 years time along side them.Its bad when someone **** with your show or movie and remakes it or reeboots it when its fine as it is.Ive had all this constantly for 5 years with the horror remakes we get every 3 months.

I used to watch Buffy, i know it still has a loyal fan base but the series is dead,over so fair enough if they want to bring it back and make money out of the film rights.

It doesnt make it right all this but i think itll be a hit with a fresh crowd.

Maybe it will be in 3D.

The guy from the Anthony Head talk in Manchester might get his wish after all.

Edited by Phantom

so Joss has had his say on the whole thing:

Yesterday, we mentioned that a new Buffy the Vampire Slayer flick iss in the works, but it will go on without Sarah Michelle Gellar and, more importantly, without beloved creator Joss Whedon.

As expected, fans are raising hell!

Hoping to shed some light on the project, Entertainment Weekly contacted Joss to get some much deserved answers. Unfortunately, they were disappointed. This was the entire interview:

TV Guide: What do you think about this Buffy movie they're making without you?

Joss Whedon: I hope it's cool.

WTF?!?!?!

Much like a text message, we can't seem to detect the tone of this. We can't tell if this has a happy "I don't give a s***" statement or a "I'm pissed as s***. Why are they effing up my life's work?!" statement.

Maybe this means things really aren't finalized and he's not going to go into it until it does. Maybe he is ready to do something else besides Buffy?

Maybe

Too many maybes!!!

tho he's not said much, lol.

here's the article: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/a-joss-less-buf.html

Edited by deadrobot