Auction?

Buffy_Angel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wandering, if there is an auction an this con, what items would you like to see for sale?

Personally I'd like to see a Group Photoshoot up for grabs, as I missed out on a gold pass.

Any Suggestions?

Hmmm....

The first Gold, Silver and Standard tickets for Hallowhedon 2 (which hopefully will exist!!)

Dinner with the guests for 2

Sarah Michelle Gellar autograph

David Boreanaz autograph

Alyson Hannigan autograph

NPH autograph on Dr Horrible pic

CLOTHES from Buffy!! It would be so awesome to own accessories or clothes that were worn on the series

By the way, anyone who has been to cons before, how much do auction items usually go for? Like dinners with guests for example?

• Showmasters Admin

By the way, anyone who has been to cons before, how much do auction items usually go for? Like dinners with guests for example?

We've had a very wide range. Lockdown went for under £100 and Chevron 7.1 went for £6000.

The norm seems to be about £300-£500.

Other auction items it obviously very much depends on the item and the people in the room.

Personally I'd like to see a Group Photoshoot up for grabs, as I missed out on a gold pass.

I think that's very unlikely as they are advertised as exclusive to the gold pass holders.

So it's doubtful they'd auction one off separately. Especially as at every event so far the gold pass group shot has been taken at around lunch time on the Saturday and the auction is always at the end of the day 5:45pm-6pm start on Saturday (i.e. after the shot has taken place).

I personally wouldn't see them being advertised as an exclusive to gold pass holders as relevant to whether one can be auctioned off. Pretty much everything that you can get an an auction was designed to be in someone else's hands - wardrobe department, attendees at another convention, whatever. I don't think there'd be a problem, JUST with me personally, with giving away (at a high fee) a group photoshoot.

With that said, this is all academic considering that the photoshoot has happened before the auction takes place! :P

We've had a very wide range. Lockdown went for under £100 and Chevron 7.1 went for £6000.

The norm seems to be about £300-£500.

Other auction items it obviously very much depends on the item and the people in the room.

Thanks TooTall.

£6000???!

I was hoping the answer would have two less noughts on the end...I could probably stretch to £60!

But seriously, if any clothes or accessories from Buffy could be got... that would be totally awesome. Even a Buffy hairslide! (at least that would fit me :blink: )

the twilight con i went to, the dinner went for like £600

they had signed pics, posters, a pic of all the guests in attendance, the chars the guests sat on (coz they had chairs like movie directors with the guests name on, and they signed it) and 2 dances with peter facinelli went up for grabs too! it was very awesome :lol:

they had signed pics, posters, a pic of all the guests in attendance, the chars the guests sat on (coz they had chairs like movie directors with the guests name on, and they signed it) and 2 dances with peter facinelli went up for grabs too! it was very awesome :D

Ooh, dances with the guests, how brilliant!! How much did they go for?

The people who won didn't have to have the dance with everyone watching did they?

Edited by crazyminx

I like the idea of the chairs! How much did they go for?

the chairs went for different prices because the guests were obviously sought after differently. the cheapest was like £80 and i think the most expensive was like £200 though i have to say, i have seen pics of other events, and they seem to just use regular chairs from the hotel...

they had signed pics, posters, a pic of all the guests in attendance, the chars the guests sat on (coz they had chairs like movie directors with the guests name on, and they signed it) and 2 dances with peter facinelli went up for grabs too! it was very awesome :thumbup:

Ooh, dances with the guests, how brilliant!! How much did they go for?

The people who won didn't have to have the dance with everyone watching did they?

the dances were kinda pricey, i think one went for like £300 and the other for £280 and yeah the dance was with everyone watching, which i thought was kinda lame, because everyone was standin round takin pics, though i just went off and danced while everyone else was doin that! lol. i don't know if you've ever seen twilight, but theres a prom scene where they dance in this gazebo full of fairy lights, and they recreated it at the party on saturday and the lucky girls danced with peter facinelli under it! lucky fools!

you have to remember the meal its a place for 2 people so.. your looking at it as 300, wen u sud be like at 150 each :blink: well thats how i see it anyways...

and stuff for auction, LOOK on ebay sm there is loooads of memrobila and styuff thatd be way cool to auction off, i also do like the idea of group shot, dances with guests and them special chairs :YAHOO:

omg u sud get some of the "buffy the backside slayer soap" and auction that hahaha...

and nooo not smg auto, id do stupid ammounts for it :'( lol

you have to remember the meal its a place for 2 people so.. your looking at it as 300, wen u sud be like at 150 each :dance: well thats how i see it anyways...

yeah thats how i would look at it, but the meal at ET1 went for £600, so it would be £300 each, the dances went for £300, which i think is very pricey for something that lasts like 3 minutes, but then again what i would do for one with james marsters! *mutters things to self* lol

£6000!! Thats crazy!!! I'm gonna be bidding on the Dinner but am going to this con by myself so hopefully will be able to find somebody else to bid with.

i'll happily bid with you!!! i really want to sit with James Marsters and Nicholas Brendon!!! :YAHOO:

yeah thats how i would look at it, but the meal at ET1 went for £600, so it would be £300 each, the dances went for £300, which i think is very pricey for something that lasts like 3 minutes, but then again what i would do for one with james marsters! *mutters things to self* lol

I'd love one with James too (or Nic would be cool also) but I can't justify £300 on a few minutes... even if I had £300 to start with!! Plus I think I'd be a bit self conscious with everyone staring! I'd probably manage to fall over...!

Edited by crazyminx

I'd love one with James too (or Nic would be cool also) but I can't justify £300 on a few minutes... even if I had £300 to start with!! Plus I think I'd be a bit self conscious with everyone staring! I'd probably manage to fall over...!

yeah as awesome as it would be thts kind of an insane amount of money. btw just wondering but who gets the money raised? does it go to the actors we're bidding on or SM or a charity... or get turned into confetti or erm.... yeah im out of ideas already, my brains suffering from sundayness.

I don;t think i will be able to bid much money for anything. Job hunting is not going well and i have to spend a small fortune soon on dentist bills to boot so savings taking a rapid decline rapidly.

Unless you lovely peeps at SM will accept my soul as a bid, got to be worth a tenner at least lol

Hehe OK! Does that still work if there's 700 people there or do some people not attend the auction?

Not everybody attends the auction. It were enough people in the room at Chevron 7.2 and I still got what I wanted. :D There's usually a couple of crew around making sure that nobody gets overlooked.