It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere.

piles

Robert Llew has said on Twitter that the viewing figures last night were "2.2 million. Dave's previous best was 1 million. All time cable best 2.3 mill for Torchwood".

That's got to be good news! Roll on 9pm

x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Llew has said on Twitter that the viewing figures last night were "2.2 million. Dave's previous best was 1 million. All time cable best 2.3 mill for Torchwood".

x

Even better news if the other episodes are just as popular, not so good if the 1st put anyone off though.

x

Even better news if the other episodes are just as popular, not so good if the 1st put anyone off though.

Agreed - the viewing figures were always going to be relatively high for the first show (just like they always are for a pilot) - the drop off percentage for part 2 and 3 is going to be the important number I think.

I certainly don't think it was as bad as some thought it was. We all like different things though :D

Like I say it wasn't the train wreck I was expecting - my expectations were pretty low, and so far it's exceeded them (although it was a long way away from the best of the show). We'll see what comes with the next 2 parts. To be honest, I'm cringing at the thought of the crossover with Coronation Street.

Lol - are you serious? You really found Season 8 funny?? It was like watching a sniper setting up in a school clock tower.

Certainly did, particularly Cassandra, Pete and Krytie TV. And the finale was epic too.

Are you sure we're not talking about different shows? :thumbup:

To be honest, I'm cringing at the thought of the crossover with Coronation Street.

I kind of was too but I think it could be an interesting twist, we'll have to wait and see though I suppose, lets just hope it works well.

My sister's watching some stupid singing competition programme so I have to wait an hour longer to watch Red Dwarf :D:thumbup:

I missed the first 10 minuites as i was watching Piers Morgan getting all emotional over not Jordan confessing she was flashed at (which she forgot to mention in her first two autobiographies...shes probably saving it for the third )but this time some old bird getting her knockers out on Britains Got Talent.

It was slightly better than last nights which i gave a second chance but it was so in need of a laughter track that i half expected tumbleweed to blow past in a Shooting Stars stylee(which also came back last year and equally misfired).

Count Fooku beat me to it that THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN did it so much better and it leaves me thinking that after the Star Wars prequels,Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the whatever,Michael Jackson and David Van Day that some things should stay in the past.

Edited by Phantom

Lol - are you serious? You really found Season 8 funny?? It was like watching a sniper setting up in a school clock tower.

Certainly did, particularly Cassandra, Pete and Krytie TV. And the finale was epic too.

Are you sure we're not talking about different shows? :YAHOO:

The Crimson Short one: Series 8 (eight)

Just watched the new one. Genius! Utter genius!

Strange storyline I suppose but I enjoyed it, much better than the 1st episode, and as much as I hate Smart cars I have to get myself a Smart Starbug!

First of, the last series was awful, with not one better than poor episode.

These new episodes have been enjoyable, but seem far too different to previous Red Dwarf episodes for me, so I hope that if it does well they try and get the show to look and feel more like the earlier series.

• Moderators

As someone who didn't bother with the League of Gentleman movie, I didn't have the comparison issue last night. I thought it was a lot of fun actually. Didn't feel quite as different by the second episode, and the lack of laughter track wasn't as jarring for me.

I definitely think they'll all work far better as one piece, but I admire them for trying something different. It's never going to be what it was in Series 1, so there's not really much point in trying to replicate that. We've got DVDs for that.

I found the second episode funnier and far more intriguing. Definitely less set-up, and more story continuation. And I could remember a lot more things after that than I did the first episode.

I suppose the Blade Runner stuff makes sense in terms of questioning reality and what you really are etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

I just felt to me like part advertisement of the Dave Channel, and partly a ploy to get people to commission a 9th/10th season cos "here are the storylines we're thinking of" and they need to save themselves... I love the dwarf and it woulda been a good ep, had it not seemed a little... desperate?

I guess we'll wait and see! And if the 3rd doesn't give any answers, we can ask them at BTL lol!

• Moderators

I suppose it's easy to be cynical about things, depending on how someone chooses to look at it.

Some see 'referencing' other things as interesting and fun, while others see it as stealing/copying. Personally I have no issue with it, and I actually enjoy spotting the little nods etc.

I've read some people say that they're glad RD has developed with the times, and they're really enjoying the new feel to it. Others can't stand it, and would rather the show was exactly the same as it used to be.

They were never going to please everyone. Personally I think the writing has been decent, and while there might be differences in tone and presentation, the core characters and dialogue are the same as what I always loved before.

Some see 'referencing' other things as interesting and fun, while others see it as stealing/copying. Personally I have no issue with it, and I actually enjoy spotting the little nods etc.

Im a big fan of SPACED so i dont mind the referencing but i didnt get why they were riffing so much on Bladerunner that it seemed like a total spoof of Bladerunner at times.Its ok throwing in the odd nod but that was too much.

the thing thats thrown me is all the camra angles it was far to flowing.

it didn't feel like red dwarf, and it despratly needed a laugther track.

i dont hate it i just dont think i like it .

Hmm, well it was alright, not as good as the 2nd part in my opinion though, it lacked humour through most of it.

I missed a bit of the beginning, started watching when they were at a postbox, did I miss much?

I know the ratings were big for the first episode but i wonder how many gave up like myself and didnt even bother tuning in tonight?

Oh well it was a noble attempt at something different but in this day and age you have to play it safe unfortunatley and this is probably the last we will see of them in any new material on tv.Shame.

Edited by Phantom

Phantom, you NEED to watch the third ep... seriously

Because it was good or explained what was going on? :P