Film Premieres

JackAubrey

Sometimes the random stars are (in MY opinion) better than those who are supposed to be there. In fact at Prometheus two years ago it was nice to meet Peaches Geldof, she was really nice.

I'd quite agree, many of them have been very friendly and happy to sign. I just don't know who many of them are nowadays as don't watch much reality TV or soap operas.

I remember Nell McAndrew had a spell of being at quite a few and she was was very friendly and happy to sign. Jill Halfpenny was lovely as well, others off the top of my head that signed for me, Lacey Turner (she was so cold she couldn't stop her hand shaking !), James Alexandrou, Adele Silva, Michelle Heaton, Trinny and Susannah , Jimmy Carr, Alexei Sayle, Anthony Costa, Andy Scott-Lee etc

Some can be really cool like that, at the A-Team Prem Leigh Francis (aka Keith Lemon) was there, and he was quite jovial as one might expect one girl a few places up from me handed out a bit of paper for him to sign... She didn't get his Autograph per se but something quite unique, he licked her bit of paper... I had my Canon EOS on me and gave it to him for us to have a picture with each other, even now I remember thinking that his whacky onscreen persona would have seen him doing the total Rockstar thing by throwing it down on the floor and smashing it. Thankfully he was good with taking the camera and taking the pic- and keeping my camera in one piece :)

• Like 1

Sometimes the random stars are (in MY opinion) better than those who are supposed to be there. In fact at Prometheus two years ago it was nice to meet Peaches Geldof, she was really nice.

I'd quite agree, many of them have been very friendly and happy to sign. I just don't know who many of them are nowadays as don't watch much reality TV or soap operas.

I remember Nell McAndrew had a spell of being at quite a few and she was was very friendly and happy to sign. Jill Halfpenny was lovely as well, others off the top of my head that signed for me, Lacey Turner (she was so cold she couldn't stop her hand shaking !), James Alexandrou, Adele Silva, Michelle Heaton, Trinny and Susannah , Jimmy Carr, Alexei Sayle, Anthony Costa, Andy Scott-Lee etc

Some can be really cool like that, at the A-Team Prem Leigh Francis (aka Keith Lemon) was there, and he was quite jovial as one might expect one girl a few places up from me handed out a bit of paper for him to sign... She didn't get his Autograph per se but something quite unique, he licked her bit of paper... I had my Canon EOS on me and gave it to him for us to have a picture with each other, even now I remember thinking that his whacky onscreen persona would have seen him doing the total Rockstar thing by throwing it down on the floor and smashing it. Thankfully he was good with taking the camera and taking the pic- and keeping my camera in one piece :)

I thought you were going to say he licked your camera !!!

I think many are happy to sign , but others are just there with friends and family to watch the film, which is fair enough, if any of them do sign then that's just a bonus really.

• Like 1

I thought you were going to say he licked your camera !!!

I think many are happy to sign , but others are just there with friends and family to watch the film, which is fair enough, if any of them do sign then that's just a bonus really.

I'd have preferred it if Bradley Cooper (who was at the same premiere had licked me- um) yep :)

Its always a bonus :) I remember at War Horse APART from THE MAN HIMSELF, there were people like Maureen Lipman, Angus Deayton who were very good with stopping for us etc :)

I've always wanted to meet Jack Nicholson and was a little bummed to find out the last time he came here for a premiere which was for The Bucket List he spent lots of time signing for fans. I understand the hatred for the people that sell autos on but I am a little jealous. I'd love to say hello to him and an autograph is a bonus but at his age and him not doing anything recently I just don't know if I'll get that chance again. For him I would make that exception. I'd love to be with all those paps that follow celebs around and know everywhere they go.

• Like 2

Jack would be a good one to meet. I remember people telling me they had gone to his hotel and he was signing there as well.

I guess as Celebs generally get older they are less likely to sign at Premieres, that certainly seemed to be the case with Christopher Lee.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as there's obviously a lot of fans at these prems and some of you often see each other around, I created this Meet-Up group on meetup.com:

http://www.meetup.com/London-Film-Premiere-Fans/

Its non-profit and the first meet/party is this Monday after the X-Men: DoFP prem. More meet-ups to come...

And don't forget to come to this party:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1397354843880705/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Edited by nicky
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have never been to one, would love to but have never gotten round to it. My friend however goes all the time. She has had some mixed results. The best was when she went to the Hunger Games prem. She got autos and pictures with all the stars including Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam & Chris Hemsworth AND she got in to see the movie with all the big names.

Apparently that is happening a lot more now. If you are in the fist 100 or so to turn up you get an arm band and then you get to go in. Depending on the movie it might be worth waiting all day for!

*cries into pillow* I'm so incredibly jealous!!!!!

I recently went to The Amazing Spider Man 2 premiere. Points to anyone who saw me down there or on the Yahoo stream ;)

I went a bit later, about an hour before anything actually started, cause dad didn't fancy waiting hours outside - and that's just him, not me. I would have loved to.

I ended up right by the path where all the ticketed guests come down. So, for major stars, I didn't get to see a lot for the ignorant security guys who just stood in the way. However, I did meet 4 Eastenders characters including Rob, Tamwar, and Johnny, Joe Sugg, Conor Maynard and several faces from Youtube, TV, and radio.

I was lucky enough that Andrew Garfield ran up to our little section and high fived me when I stuck my hand out, and also autographed my book :)

• Like 1

I ended up right by the path where all the ticketed guests come down. So, for major stars, I didn't get to see a lot for the ignorant security guys who just stood in the way.

Why is that ignorant? They're there to do a job, their priority is their clients (the stars) - the clients' safety and security comes first above all else. They can't allow anything to jepeordise or risk the clients safety including leaving a gap just so you can get a view. Sorry but that's just the nature of security at events like this. I can imagine it would be just the same if it was The Queen coming down the path.

Edited by nicky

If I lived in London I would try my best to visit the red carpet events all the time, it's risky travelling from afar to possibly not meet the person you want to meet. I really want to try the Mockingjay: Part 1 prem in November this year but a bit worried. I love Jennifer Lawrence and determined to meet her one day but I can imagine that'll be a struggle, especially at a Hunger Games premiere where there will be a crazy amount of people there. Not sure wether to risk it or not, as most of you said it's like the lottery.

If I lived in London I would try my best to visit the red carpet events all the time, it's risky travelling from afar to possibly not meet the person you want to meet. I really want to try the Mockingjay: Part 1 prem in November this year but a bit worried. I love Jennifer Lawrence and determined to meet her one day but I can imagine that'll be a struggle, especially at a Hunger Games premiere where there will be a crazy amount of people there. Not sure wether to risk it or not, as most of you said it's like the lottery.

It's only a lottery in terms of getting an auto and a photo with the celebrity. If you are there at the Premiere, you will see the star and should at least be able to get some photos of them on the red carpet. The lottery bit only applies in that they may not do a walk around or a very limited one and so chances of getting an auto or photo with them are very limited. In these cases to have even a chance, you would need to be in a good spot and right at the front, but even then they may just miss the area you are in. Some celebs seem to enjoy it and do quite a bit, Logan Lerman, Douglas Booth and Emma Watson were all great at Noah and spent a fair amount of time meeting fans, signing pictures and posing for photos.

It's only a lottery in terms of getting an auto and a photo with the celebrity. If you are there at the Premiere, you will see the star and should at least be able to get some photos of them on the red carpet. The lottery bit only applies in that they may not do a walk around or a very limited one and so chances of getting an auto or photo with them are very limited. In these cases to have even a chance, you would need to be in a good spot and right at the front, but even then they may just miss the area you are in. Some celebs seem to enjoy it and do quite a bit, Logan Lerman, Douglas Booth and Emma Watson were all great at Noah and spent a fair amount of time meeting fans, signing pictures and posing for photos.

Yeah that's a good point, even getting a glimpse of the cast would be amazing. I'm so tempted to give it a go, worth a try eh?

Yeah that's a good point, even getting a glimpse of the cast would be amazing. I'm so tempted to give it a go, worth a try eh?

Definitely, I'd always say give it a go. It's not everyones cup of tea, but I've had a lot of fun and met a lot of great guests at Premieres . I always go with the rule not to expect anything, so then I can never be disappointed.

• Like 1

Let me quote the Green Beret in Deer Hunter : "beep it !"

Streep , Berlin '12 (stood there 6 hrs , made no difference as she didn't sign anyway.......only the usual chit chat with reporters , God forbid they could sign for 5-10 mins !)

Jackie Chan , Fredrikstad Norway '10 (he sgd about 5 autos , that's about it)

Walken , NY '10 (maybe he snuck out the back after the show , never saw him)

There's always the risk of failure , but still........

Edited by 007 spells Bond
  • Like 1

Anyone going to Guardians Of The Galaxy premiere? Its at the Empire in Leicester Square, Thurs July 24th. The main cast will be there apart from Bradley Cooper.

Edited by nicky

• 1 month later...

Probably a long shot but will anyone be attending the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles premiere in London? which I imagine would most likely be at the start of October. It's not been confirmed so far as it's a few months away but I imagine there will be one as it's a huge franchise. I plan on going and was wondering if anyone else is too?

Forgive the totally noob question, but if you're getting there at 9am or whatever and waiting until 7pm, and with all the mad fans and dealers itching to get to the front - what do you do when you need the loo?!?

Try take a friend with you to keep each other's spaces when you need to go, or make friends there? Or don't drink large amounts? ;) that's all I can think of really :)

Edited by minchb

• Moderators

Usually until a couple hours or so before it actually starts you're not in the pens just waiting in a long queue - people at the front get first pick of the spots when they do load up the pens. And you do just hold space for a friend if they need food or the toilet. Usually the people around you will do so too if you don't have a friend handy.

Usually until a couple hours or so before it actually starts you're not in the pens just waiting in a long queue - people at the front get first pick of the spots when they do load up the pens. And you do just hold space for a friend if they need food or the toilet. Usually the people around you will do so too if you don't have a friend handy.

Out of curiosity, where does the queue start? Or is it subject to finding out on the day? Cheers!

• Moderators

As far as I can tell, the queue starts wherever the first people decide to start it. I've walked right around Leicester Square a time or two on some occasions finding it. (Usually it's more obvious once it gets a bit longer but when there are only 10 people ahead of you it can be tricky!)

As far as I can tell, the queue starts wherever the first people decide to start it. I've walked right around Leicester Square a time or two on some occasions finding it. (Usually it's more obvious once it gets a bit longer but when there are only 10 people ahead of you it can be tricky!)

Oh wow, I always assumed it started at the front of the venue. Is there usually security around or do they not appear till around 4 when they put the barriers out etc? I saw some people were able to go inside for the expendables 3 premiere, is that something they do often? This is going to be my first time this year so want to know all the facts before I do it haha, thank you :)

• Moderators

When security appears is variable. Sometimes there's security from the night before, or from early morning, and yeah sometimes they don't appear until gone lunchtime when they're starting to plan loading the pens. (The barrier guys usually show up and start setting up in the morning.) Tickets being given away to go inside does sometimes happen but I wouldn't say most of the time.

Most of the time the queue actually starts well away from the venue because in front of the venue is where all the barrier/carpet/etc people need to be to set up so when the queue DOES start there it always ends up getting moved.