Warning for people travelling by train!

debsmadcat111

It's only one union that's striking so there will still be some trains.

The London Midlands website says they're putting up a revised timetable soon.

I like it when there is still some trains. Otherwise this means possibly kicking up fuss to get put onto a bus! *headdesk*

Bloody hell =(... I've bought my tix and booked seats already and now it might all go to pot!!! Grrrr... Dammit, need those timetables up soon!!! x

Ditto :D This is gonna make my neutoricness go overtime while travelling.

When the timetable is posted can someone please link to it in this topic. Thanks :P

I think my train from Reading to Coventry is fine, cos thats not covered by London Midlands... So it's just a matter of getting from Coventry to N'hampton... its only a 30min train ride... Really dnt want to have to take any long-ass alternative routes ¬___¬ lol

x

but virgin also runs on that line doesnt it?

there is a revised timetable for midlands so trains are still running.

and the virgins seem to be fine so they will be running as normal.

=x=

You can get a Virgin train to Milton Keynes but the actual Milton Keynes to Northampton portion of the journey is run by London Midland. And the only direct trains from London are with London Midland.

i just asked my cousin who works on the trains and she said that there should be a bus replacment, it will be slower but as part of the union or somthing there not aloud to strand people, they can just make it very awkward to get to where you want to go , if you have pre booked tickets they have to honnor the journy in some way be it replacment coach or taxi.

thats probably no help when your stressing but if you get to brum and thre is no one helping ask for a supervisor and they should put you right.

i just asked my cousin who works on the trains and she said that there should be a bus replacment, it will be slower but as part of the union or somthing there not aloud to strand people, they can just make it very awkward to get to where you want to go , if you have pre booked tickets they have to honnor the journy in some way be it replacment coach or taxi.

thats probably no help when your stressing but if you get to brum and thre is no one helping ask for a supervisor and they should put you right.

Thats very helpful info, especially as thats what i normally do, start telling them i need to get to a certain place and no i won't be willing to pay extra for anything!!! I pre-booked my tickets with East Midland Trains...hopefully they ain't gonna go on strike either!! :YAHOO: Not what I needed when I'm taking a 16yr old on her first con!!!

I really hope at least some trains will be available as I'm arriving at Euston from Belgium quite late. Without any problem, I should be in Northampton around 6 PM, which is a bit late but should be okay. Of course if there are some strikes and/or cancelled trains, this could become worse ! I quickly read this topic and don't see any alternative realistic solutions. I have already paid for my ticket so hope I will be able to travel one way or the other.

Thanks to everyone to keep this topic up-to-date, it's really helpful.

The time table is now up!

It doesnt seem to affect Birmingham New Street at all now?! Well Birmingham isnt on the timetable!?

http://www.londonmidland.com/app/webroot/f...tike%20info.pdf

ETA: Just phoning the customer services about Birmingham...

ETA 2: OK just off the phone to London Midland...

They say its services from Northampton South to London Euston, and do not effect Birmingham at all!

So for anyone travelling from London, just check the timetable!

Edited by debsmadcat111

Coventry isnt on the timetable so no should be ok.

Phone number is 0844 811 0133 the first option is 'Other enquiry' or something, let her go through all the options and its right at the end, you have to speak it. Then with the next options list say 'Customer Relations' and you'll be put through :)

The guy I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.