Anyone else slightly irritated

chrono

Am I the only one irritated by the following?

1) Lack of guest announcement (would be nice to have an indication atleast to who MIGHT turn up)

2) Party theme lateness

3) Not knowing exactly what gold passes are getting (no group photos so what else we getting etc)

Although I understand showmasters is very busy and I thank them for their hard work at this and every event they are organiseing but I think possibly more communication......

Am I the only one irritated by the following?

1) Lack of guest announcement (would be nice to have an indication atleast to who MIGHT turn up)

2) Party theme lateness

3) Not knowing exactly what gold passes are getting (no group photos so what else we getting etc)

Although I understand showmasters is very busy and I thank them for their hard work at this and every event they are organiseing but I think possibly more communication......

I am not sure what you mean?

There are guests announced and very good ones at that .

The web site tells everyone what is included in Gold passes, so not sure why you would look for more or buy one if you werent happy with what it includes.

• Moderators

The gold pass offers exactly what it says. Just because there isn't a group photo, it doesn't mean there's something else replacing it.

Tickets have changed price and contents for other events in the past too, so it's not the first time.

As for the guests, there are 5 already, and probably more to come but they can't indicate who MIGHT turn up. I'm not sure what you want them to say? They only announce when finalised, and there's no point in hinting. It's 5 more than some other events have!

Edited by DavidB

Im happy with the current guest list. If we get more people, cool, but the people we have so far are more than awesome enogh to carry the event.

And Im more than happy with my purchase of a gold pass.

Only thing I agree with you on is the themes for the parties, but that has been said already and dosnt need saying again (if I was SM id be getting a bit tired of thread after thread of the same thing)

Lock?

• Moderators

# Exclusive convention souvenir programme

# Exclusive convention gifts/surprise

# Access to all talks over the days of the event

# 1 free autograph from each guest (up to a maximum of 6)

# Access to 2 themed parties (Friday & Saturday Night)

# Access to 1 "chill out" party on sunday night

# Access to the dealers room.

# 1 individual photo shoot with each guest taking part in sessions

# 1 exclusive convention photo featuring all of the guests attending

# Exclusive drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening

# Reserved priority seating for the guest talks

# Exclusive convention t-shirts

# Exclusive convention goodie bag

The only thing I'm irritated by is the 'Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?' thread repeated ad nauseum.

Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?

See how tedious that gets?

Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?

Yep, really fricking boring

Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?

And still it doesn't get me anywhere

Any theme yet? Nope? Better post some more then.

Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?Where's the party theme?

Yes, a childish post, but I thought I'd join in with the general foot stamping and pouting

• Moderators

Torchwood isn't exactly a show with a huge main cast, so getting those who are "new to the game" is very tricky.

I assume people would rather have a few main cast, however not "new" they are, than a lineup of 11 bit part first timers.

I assume people would rather have a few main cast, however not "new" they are, than a lineup of 11 bit part first timers.

As I said depends what you are after. Some of the guest actors that attended the first one probably would have been enough to convince me to go (had it not been competeting with the Blakes 7 one for my monies) had they been annouced early enough to make a difference, indeed I had a hotel on reserve for most of the time.

But as it is I met Eve and Tom once, Kai twice, and Gareth 3 times last year. Even if it did have 3 minor artistes now, I'd have nothing for Kai and Gareth to sign.

• Moderators

But they don't give maybes or possible guests etc. We're really not told about contract negotiations or anything like that whatsoever.

In the end, all attendees know is the guests that are announced. So that's all you can wait to see, and there's honestly no point in asking about any other information I'm afraid.

The guest list features 4 principal cast members who will be in series 3 so you cant really argue with that! I appreciate that some of the actors have done events before but not everyone will have seen them before. I know for example that a lot of people are coming from overseas to this event on the basis of having read everyone's reports on the Hub and they won't have met any of the actors before.

Not quite sure why everyone keeps asking what is contained in the gold pass either. Details of what components made up the gold pass were detailed on large sheets at the reception desk on the Sunday when you purchased your ticket - the details are also up on the website. The group photo has been removed but that doesn't mean that anything will replace it - it was up to the individual whether to pay the additional £20 price increase.

The only thing I do agree is irritating is the lack of party themes - especially when it is something that can be so easily rectified by Showmasters. Just announce the themes and everyone can start planning what they are going to wear rather than complaining about the lack of information!

Not quite sure why everyone keeps asking what is contained in the gold pass either. Details of what components made up the gold pass were detailed on large sheets at the reception desk on the Sunday when you purchased your ticket - the details are also up on the website. The group photo has been removed but that doesn't mean that anything will replace it - it was up to the individual whether to pay the additional £20 price increase.

:YAHOO: Someone else who read before buying!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

Sorry, party themes should have been done by now! :poki:

It's all my fault and so if anyone's gonna get beaten it's me! :YAHOO:

But, remember, if you drag me out the back and beat me to death there won't be anyone to run the event, and that would be a shame since we have an awesome weekend planned for you! :dance:

Instead, maybe just give me some evil looks and with dagger eyes and I'll feel suitably shamed, but can still run the event!!!!!! :YAHOO:

Oh, and in answer to the actual questions asked, party themes will be up on the forum in the next 20 mins! :YAHOO: We are still working on other guests and there will almost certainly be some more. As soon as we have signed contracts we will announce them. And the Gold Pass pack contains what it says on the website and what was listed on the Sunday of re-booking at the last event. We had quite a lot of issues with the group photo shoot which is why it is not included this time and also being phased out of all the other events, and the extra £20 brings the Gold pass for this event in line with the other events we run, and I am sure you will see where the money was spent over the show weekend!!! :dance:

Hope that clears everything up. After I have recovered from my beating, or dagger eyes, whichever you choose, let me know if there is anything else you need to know and I will do my best to answer it.

Thanks everyone, and am really looking forward to seeing you all at The Hub 2! :D

Mark :dance:

The guest list features 4 principal cast members who will be in series 3 ]

I would have said 3 principal cast members - Eve, Kai & Gareth. I presume the 4th one you are saying is Tom!! Although he has been in several episodes would not say he was a principal cast member.

Happy with all these but as people have said as it has been a while since these were confirmed would be nice to get another name.

As the third series is a mere 5 episodes and Tom is heavily featured in the story (I saw him filming and his character is quite integral to the series) then I think its fair to call him principal cast for these purposes. But you've got Gareth, Tom, Kai and Eve. Short of getting John, the two newbies and Liza May Brice you have the majority of the cast of the mini series at one event.

Also I'm not sure why everyone is so insistant that someone else be announced? The number of guests will be dependent on ticket sales . It would be lovely if we got another guest but at the moment we do have 5 very good guests - its not like they are all bit part players. I actually think its an incredibly strong line up for a Torchwood event. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't like Daniela Denby Ashe or Indira Varma or indeed any of teh writers but if you cram everyone into 2/3 events then you affect the convention long term as people won't go back to see guests they've already seen. I was really surprised that we're already getting slightly dismissive "seen them all before" comments about this guest list.

Edited by Persephone1

I'm happy with the current guestlist. I have not met anyone from the show so everyone is really welcome. Like Persephone said, we already have 3 main cast so I doubt there would be more but one or two additional supporting characters would be fantastic.

Will there be many people coming from abroad ?

Persephone, will some JMC be present with you ?

As the third series is a mere 5 episodes and Tom is heavily featured in the story (I saw him filming and his character is quite integral to the series) then I think its fair to call him principal cast for these purposes. But you've got Gareth, Tom, Kai and Eve. Short of getting John, the two newbies and Liza May Brice you have the majority of the cast of the mini series at one event.

Also I'm not sure why everyone is so insistant that someone else be announced? The number of guests will be dependent on ticket sales . It would be lovely if we got another guest but at the moment we do have 5 very good guests - its not like they are all bit part players. I actually think its an incredibly strong line up for a Torchwood event. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't like Daniela Denby Ashe or Indira Varma or indeed any of teh writers but if you cram everyone into 2/3 events then you affect the convention long term as people won't go back to see guests they've already seen. I was really surprised that we're already getting slightly dismissive "seen them all before" comments about this guest list.

Like I've said before I'm happy with the lineup. But I think the reason that people are insistant about further guests his that it says on the main website under the already announced guests that 'further guests to be announced'.

• Moderators

You're getting people in here irritated over not having a guest announced for a while, yet in other event sections they've not had ANY yet.

This con had some good guests straight away, unlike others that have been announced for a good while without any guests whatsoever.

I think people would be complaining more if they had no guests in the lineup, so while it might have been a while since the last was done, it could be a LOT worse :o