Anyone else slightly irritated

chrono

if there are no more guests announced it would be a bit dissapointing, but im happy with the line up though and i cant wait, ive got countdowns all over the place!!

the only thing that would be dissapointing is that last time there were about 10+ guests, this time theres only 5 so far.

i know john cant make it, but i would love to see naoko again, and ian, everyone loves ian!!

as for the parties, i WAS a bit annoyed that they hadnt been announced, but they hav now, so im happy :WINCE:

im not irritated by the gold pass thing, cos i dont have gold, i have silver. but i am a bit confused as to why the ticket has gone up £20 in price after having the group photo taken away!!?? ;)

oh well, 38 days!!! and i cant wait!!!

• Showmasters Admin

but i am a bit confused as to why the ticket has gone up £20 in price after having the group photo taken away!!?? :WINCE:

SM have explained this.

The £20 increase was to bring the price in line with the other ME events. The Gold pass for all events is now the same.

The group photo was a nightmare to organise and so it has been decided to drop it for all the future events, not just the Hub 2.

It was clear in the Gold Pass list that the group shot had been removed and that it was £20 more than the previous one. If people now feel it is not worth the price, that is their decision to make. But that is now the price of a Gold Pass for The Hub 2.

To be honest, people should just be glad that not all ticket prices have gone up. SM prices have not change a lot in many years. Entrance fee for SM events have been £10 and £5 for nearly 4 years. I know for one that the price of my cinema tickets has gone up by at least 15-20% in the last 2 years.

To be honest, people should just be glad that not all ticket prices have gone up. SM prices have not change a lot in many years. Entrance fee for SM events have been £10 and £5 for nearly 4 years. I know for one that the price of my cinema tickets has gone up by at least 15-20% in the last 2 years.

Well I for one think its an absolutely great line up of guests (even though I have met every single one of them several times before - I don't see why that matters one bit, they are still fab guests). I'm actually looking forward to this one much more than the first one.

I didn't buy gold this time simply because I didn't want to do so as I am not so bothered about sitting as near the front this time but I am perfectly happy with the price of the silver ticket I have. If you add up the cost of individual photos and stuff I would say all the tickets for what you get for the price are good value.

I have to say I hated the group photo last year - it was uncomfortable and surreal having it taken - and the pic is awful because my photo (and every photo I have seen) has some uncomfortable looking fan (me!) in the middle of it, in my case as I'm tall GDL's face is half obscured and its just yukky (I do like the group shot of the guests on their own though - that's a nice memory) but we all like different things I guess.

Edited by catfish

The group photo was awful - noone quite knew what to do with themselves or how to position themselves so it was photo after photo of awkward looking fans stood there not quite sure what to do with their arms.

I really wish Showmasters had replaced the group photo with a John and Gareth photoshoot which would have been far easier and what most people I know who attended wanted. Missed a trick there.

I have to say I hated the group photo last year - it was uncomfortable and surreal having it taken - and the pic is awful because my photo (and every photo I have seen) has some uncomfortable looking fan (me!) in the middle of it, in my case as I'm tall GDL's face is half obscured and its just yukky (I do like the group shot of the guests on their own though - that's a nice memory) but we all like different things I guess.

I liked the group photo, and am disappointed they they are not doing it anymore, it was the only way to have a picture with the guests that didn't have their own photo shoot. I am surprised that they didn't consider the logistics of things like people being of variable height, and do something more straightforward like having us sit in a chair with the guests standing behind for the group shot. I would have thought that would have been simpler than trying to constantly rearrange things, but then I'm not a photographer!

i have to admit, me and my friend were looking at the group photos layed out on the table (we didnt have one), and in EVERY photo there was at least one celebrity that looked bored/tired/fed up, or just simply forgot to smile. lol.

i think its fair to the celebs to get rid of the group photo after doing normal photos and signings all day.

34 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Am I the only one irritated by the following?

1) Lack of guest announcement (would be nice to have an indication atleast to who MIGHT turn up)

2) Party theme lateness

3) Not knowing exactly what gold passes are getting (no group photos so what else we getting etc)

Although I understand showmasters is very busy and I thank them for their hard work at this and every event they are organiseing but I think possibly more communication......

The only thing that has irritated me has been the party theme lateness.... party themes have been announced at such a time that to get together any form of decent victorian costume is impossible for me. Victorian costume in itself is a bloody hard costume to travel with so not a very good choice and obviously made without the thought of people who will be travelling to the convention via public transport (so can not possibly cart that kind of costume with them) other than that I completely understand that all the events that are organised means that things don't move as swiftly and/or as smoothly as you would like.

Hopefully next time a decision will be made a lot quicker to give us more time to go out and source those almost impossible outfits lol

Carole