Taylor cancelling?

LeahBlack.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know where he's working on New Moon.

They may as well have decided to film studio scenes with him in Italy, and that's the problem for the other shows.

There's so many 'ifs', 'maybes' and other assumptions in this whole story. Nobody knows for sure at the moment.

It's certainly your fair right to remain pessimistic about Taylor appearing. But I agree with Kirst here and will keep a positive approach for now. We shouldn't get upset until a cancellation has been confirmed.

As I have said before, sometimes a date that differs by a week can totally change the situation.

EDIT:

Just some sort of a disclaimer: please remember that normally you can't talk about other events here on the forum.

I'll leave this topic here up as an exception because guest cancellations are an important concern.

But I'd appreciate it if there wouldn't be further details posted about the other events involved in this story. For reference please see the part about Google search in the forum rules. :chair: Thanks a lot for understanding!

Edited by Queen_Sindel

We don't know where he's working on New Moon.

They may as well have decided to film studio scenes with him in Italy, and that's the problem for the other shows.

There's so many 'ifs', 'maybes' and other assumptions in this whole story. Nobody knows for sure at the moment.

It's certainly your fair right to remain pessimistic about Taylor appearing. But I agree with Kirst here and will keep a positive approach for now. We shouldn't get upset until a cancellation has been confirmed.

As I have said before, sometimes a date that differs by a week can totally change the situation.

Nicely said :chair:

Thanks for making me feel alot better about this whole situation :)

*virtual hugss* :chair:

xxx

Like QS and others have said theres no use getting worked up about him maybe cancelling best to just wait and see what happens. The preperations for filming NM may just be screen tests and rehersals that may only be for a few days for all we know; so he could still be available for this con.

Well, I still have everything crossed but after reading this....

"that he is unfortunately unable to appear at any conventions during this timeframe due to prep work on the new film"

I'm not to sure, but we can still hope his able to make it as nothing is set in stone.

If not I'm with the rest of you Edward.....all the way :D

Taylor & Kellan cancelling appearances does indeed suck, but we should all wait until Showmasters confirm the situation. I'm sure they'll be busy trying to find out what's going on, so all we can do is wait.

Absolutely. Badmouthing Showmasters isn't the answer.

It was pretty Obvious since this afternoon and also dont fotget Showmasters are not known to come out with info like this straight away i am afraid.

As I explained above they will try to work out things with the guests until the very last minute if a cancellation may be on the horizon.

I realize this is a matter of preference. But I'd rather not have them issue a cancellation notice at once, people get all sad and disappointed, and then a week later it's "hey, the guest can come after all".

From my experience this is how most organisers do it. They will make sure that there is no way around a cancellation before announcing it. And yes, this can take a couple of days.

One issue causing an automatic delay for example is the time difference between the US and the UK.

It was pretty Obvious since this afternoon and also dont fotget Showmasters are not known to come out with info like this straight away i am afraid.

As I explained above they will try to work out things with the guests until the very last minute if a cancellation may be on the horizon.

I realize this is a matter of preference. But I'd rather not have them issue a cancellation notice at once, people get all sad and disappointed, and then a week later it's "hey, the guest can come after all".

From my experience this is how most organisers do it. They will make sure that there is no way around a cancellation before announcing it. And yes, this can take a couple of days.

One issue causing an automatic delay for example is the time difference between the US and the UK.

Thank you for the reply. I guess i can understand that but i would just like them to come out and say that there may be a slight chance now he will cancel , instead of all the rumours.

Thank you for the reply. I guess i can understand that but i would just like them to come out and say that there may be a slight chance now he will cancel , instead of all the rumours.

You mean you'd like them to come out and say it is a chance he may appear instead of the rumours, right? :(

I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding you here - I have the flu and shouldn't even be out of bed. My brain is quite foggy at the moment.

But I saw this topic earlier and didn't want to leave you guys on your own. I realize it's the first event for quite a few of you, and I wanted to be around to answer questions as good as I can until there is an official notice.

I also fully understand that an announcement "Yes, Taylor is still coming" would set everybody at ease.

Unfortunately I am not sure if this will happen.

Over the years there's been so many rumours that guests would cancel. Some did cancel, some didn't. If the event organisers (not only Massive Events) would react to every rumour coming up they'd barely have time to book guests and generally organise the events. :(

I'm still hoping Mark or Jason will come on and post something, especially since this is the first Twilight event and many fans are not used to the 'cancellation game'.

But until this happens all I can say is 'no news is good news' - meaning as long there's no topic up saying 'guest cancellation: Taylor Lautner' things are fine.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

This does happen a lot when potential guests cancel other appearances due to filming. Truthfully I've known some that have then cancelled their UK appearances, and some that HAVEN'T. And that's the important part - it's not guaranteed to have a knock-on effect.

Obviously I'm not saying 'yes, he's coming for sure, and there'll be no problems' but I do want people to know that it is possible. A week or two is a long time between appearances, and no one knows schedules etc.

All I know is that the organisers and the guest/agents will do everything they can to try and make it work, so if there are problems it's best everyone tries to remain calm and patient, as it can take time to get a final definitive answer one way or the other.

The build up to this event has been fantastic, and I hope those that are attending don't get disheartened, and that you all continue to contribute in the positive manner you have been in recent months :poki:

I checked out the IMDB webpage of Taylor and the posting regarding him not being able to do any conventions in this timeframe due to prep work etc etc etc is a press release by the event organiser in the US that are allegedly taken from Taylor's representative. In other words, it is not directly from Taylor or Summit but rather the say so of someone who had booked him for an event.

Hopefully Taylor will still be attending ET.