What Guests would you like for CMG4?

bunnycure

Marty beat me to the same reply. Everyone's still chatting and being friendly.

The faith comment... SM have a group of people here willing to go and waiting for the doors to open. I have an inbox filled with texts about it. We have faith in us having a good time.

Faith is bringing in an audience... thats a different matter altogether. But it's a circular argument where few people can react without ignoring clear statements without the N word.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding my previous comment

i meant that, as a generalisation, all stops are pulled out for the first event of any kind so people will come back

its good to see that some people have that solid ethis of doing it for every show though

apologies for any misunderstandings

apologies for any misunderstandings

Not at all and ditto.

I haven't seen Gareth David-Lloyds name on this page yet. Shocked.

LOL, I thought I'd give you guys a break but seeing as you mention it... ;)

Now you come to mention it

Gareth David Lloyd would be a good guest to come back. Especially if he brings his Jack Daniels.

soz could not resist

It seems I don't have to mention it! :(

Really hope show will be a great success and future shows will be happen! (and now the being honest part not meaning to be negative just honest opinion - good luck with that line up, I think it is weakest to date for Glasgow event & may make it difficult to get lot of general public in. Hope that is not the case, but after showing link to many people, very few are interested in attending and think line up is very poor. Most non die hard fans of those shows/films guests are from, have no clue who they are that I've spoken to).

I guess Shows are concentrating on many shows, but they made the assertion Glasgow would grow with each show, few done the line now, I see no growth (aside from party added on sat.); the guest list for very first show was better than current one even. If & I really hope it does not happen Glasgow shows stop, it would be because it never really grew or was given the chance too, poor lines ups = less general public likely to be attracted that would not normally attend such an event, unfortunate but true.

Everything you've said is right. Though it seems saying it makes you the anti-Santa. No one I've spoken to that wasn't a geek purist has been interested in this guest line up.

But it should be fun regardless. I just wish faith would be had in Glasgow.

Same here hope it will be great event regardless!

Shows made promises it would grow and have simply been unwilling or unable to make it happen; they specifically made promises guest lists would expand and get much better right after first show!

To grow, it requires more of the general public to attend that would not normally go to one; you could have only one or two Z list stars (e.g. the person that made a Martini at the bar for Bond in James Bond) and you'd still pull in the die hard fans and regular attendees, maybe some non usual attendees too. But to really expand the show, you need bigger attendence = more revenue, and only one way to do that is great guest line up to pull people in.

If Shows cease doing Glasgow shows it will be sad, but they never really gave it their all or allowed it to grow, no disrespect but little real commitment and empty promises originally made, and weak guest list will not bring in much of the general public that don't normally go to such an event.

Think of the potential market in Scotland, even just in Glasgow, even just general shoppers at Braehead over the weekend (it is packed!) - what general shoppers there will see posters for event or come across it and think - 'wow, what guests I think I'll pay £10 to go see it', they wil see line up excuse frankness think what a load of crap and 'eh who are they?' and not bother, sad but true.

With better line up - More People Attending Show = More Revenue for Shows = Likely More Revenue For Stal holders = Likely More Stall Holders Will Want To Attend Future Events = More Money To Invest in Future Shows = even better guest line ups in future shows, etc, etc.

We've heard it since the first show 'Glasgow is still in it's infancy', 'it will grow', etc and if continues another several shows down the line we'll still be hearing it.

'No one I've spoken to that wasn't a geek purist has been interested in this guest line up' that about sums it up from previous poster, I've shown line up to great many people believe me nobody is interested in them, most don't know who the heck the people are. With reported (on here) £10,000 advertising budget for Glasgow show alone, seriously that is ker-azy!!!!! go invest the £10,000 in the Show or better guests because believe me you could spend £100,000 on advertising but with that poor line up, it just won't attract people. You only need to do word of mouth test, as others have done here to see general public will not be attracted by that line up / even ask 'who are they?' from photos (no names) - see the response you get in the street.

Shows have every right to run shows as they see fit but weak line up + spending £10K promoting it just seems ker-azy!!!!! Without £10K spent on advertising, the regular audience knows it is on already.

Faith's coming???? :wub:

If she was, I'd be bringing spare underwear and tissues.

On Perpetuals comment on advertising - that was mentioned before, wasn't it? I don't buy it. I know how much promotion we did for a Glasgow event last year with deals with the Glaswegian, Metro, Daily Record, a few other then there was radio, flyers, posters and all the other hoopla.

If that cost anywhere near 10k, we'd be out of business. I suspect the 10k was a BS line, or someones getting severely ripped off.

what perp said.

i think this will likely be the last glasgow show, i think they are just trying to cut their losses with this lineup. i guess copenhagen will be our 'local' show now.

seems that people prefer the other cons to glasgow and newcastle-i have to travel for hours to get to the cons and am disappointed with the line up for who wars in newcastle guess people dont like coming to the "grim north" *sighs* guess its back to travelling for me

" I know how much promotion we did for a Glasgow event last year with deals with the Glaswegian, Metro, Daily Record, a few other then there was radio, flyers, posters and all the other hoopla."

Hi,

And what pray tell is wrong with The Sun newspaper, The Daily Star and the Telegraph?? :wub:

Thinking man's paper so tis....

:wub::wub::D:D

Can I just mention DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

DANNY JOHN JULES

Ann

xx

Ted DiBiase.

He is in perth this weekend doing a wrestling thing.

I would love to see him as a guest.

We need more WWF stars at these events.

Hi,

I'm going to this!! I have the VIP tickets and going for his autograph as well as one of the Highlanders Tag Team.

Are you going? will you be attending the before session starting about 2pm and the after party?

It should be good and I have been following this particular Organiser for a while now. It's amazing how much they have progressed. :thumbup:

Ann

xx

Ted DiBiase.

He is in perth this weekend doing a wrestling thing.

I would love to see him as a guest.

We need more WWF stars at these events.

REMOVED - Sorry but this link to this events page breaks forum rules as it names shows not affiliated with Showmasters.

He can be booked from there. Alternatively I can speak to those booing him for the Scottish event. I'm sure Dibiase would prefer to come to CG where there will actually be an audience.

It should be good and I have been following this particular Organiser for a while now. It's amazing how much they have progressed. :coolthumb:

My dear, me and you should talk...

I have tickets. Many, many tickets.

REMOVED - Sorry but this link breaks the no selling or advertising rule.

Edited by Too Tall

Some people really need to get a sense of perspective - just because they or people they know don't like the line up doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way! I might not like all the guests but it just means I won't be spending money to meet these people!

I think the line-up is pretty decent this year - wide variety of guests that will please fans of many different movies/TV etc.

As to growing something - surely in the current climate its good that there is still something on? Why does it need to grow?

There is a simple solution - if you don't like it then don't go! I'm sure there will be others to take your place! The same type of peple moaned about CE in London 2 years ago and that was absolutely mobbed each day!

Some people are just Ker-azy!!!!!

Some people really need to get a sense of perspective - just because they or people they know don't like the line up doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way! I might not like all the guests but it just means I won't be spending money to meet these people!

I think the line-up is pretty decent this year - wide variety of guests that will please fans of many different movies/TV etc.

As to growing something - surely in the current climate its good that there is still something on? Why does it need to grow?

There is a simple solution - if you don't like it then don't go! I'm sure there will be others to take your place! The same type of peple moaned about CE in London 2 years ago and that was absolutely mobbed each day!

Some people are just Ker-azy!!!!!

I think you need to calm down doll. Step away from the exclamation mark key. All this has been said before. There's a difference of opinion, so what after all we do live in a democracy, it's what people do.

So how about drop it.

...I'd suggest reading everything said here on the subject. Perspective is had. Ideas are had. Listening... not so much.

Once people stop treating everything said they don't like as being anti-Showmasters discussing the matter might be interesting. As such, it's boring as hell to go through the cycle once again.

Edited by ComwWhite

Dont need to add much as Ravenshade and comwWhite has pretty much said it for me.

Lets not try to bring up stuff that has been covered to death.

Lets just look forward to the event please

Hi,

I'm going to this!! I have the VIP tickets and going for his autograph as well as one of the Highlanders Tag Team.

Are you going? will you be attending the before session starting about 2pm and the after party?

It should be good and I have been following this particular Organiser for a while now. It's amazing how much they have progressed. :D

Ann

xx

Nope afraid not. I am working at who wars. Would of loved to have gone. It would also of been nice to meet you. put a face to the name. Lol

I think you need to calm down doll. Step away from the exclamation mark key. All this has been said before. There's a difference of opinion, so what after all we do live in a democracy, it's what people do.

So how about drop it.

I was being IRONIC doll!!!!! These same conversations appear every year and the only answer is if you're not happy then don't go. There is nothing gained by coming on here and bitching about it - why waste the energy? Showmasters know exactly what they are doing.

For folk to be telling Showmasters how to run their business is laughable - I don't think they would be quite as successful as they are and have as much shows as they do if they didn't know what they were doing by now! Why don't all these people who know better not try to organise something else?

Lastly, doll, I'm perfectly calm! And I was only posting that , in my opinion, these threads are nothing new and are becoming BORING. So, assuming I am allowed an opinion doll, then I don't plan on dropping anything.

...I'd suggest reading everything said here on the subject. Perspective is had. Ideas are had. Listening... not so much.

Once people stop treating everything said they don't like as being anti-Showmasters discussing the matter might be interesting. As such, it's boring as hell to go through the cycle once again.

Quoted for Mr Patronising on the off chance he'll pay attention.

Quoted for Mr Patronising on the off chance he'll pay attention.

Mr patronising??? I only used the name 'Doll' as that was the term that had been used to me!

Also, I have read the whole thread actually but certain people seem to do nothing but complain - if they're not happy then all they need to do is vote with their feet - moaning about something isn't going to change it!

Also, the fact that I was told to 'drop it' at the end of a statement that people had differing opinions and it was a democracy we lived in - how is that being democratic?

You can go into any show thread on this forum and you will see exactly the same topic time and time again - what people need to realise is that Showmasters are a business and must be making money out of the model they are currently working to so I can't see them changing any time soon.

Anyway, back on topic - can we have more Star Wars guests please?? :D

wow what happened here! this will be my first collectormania in glasgow and really looking forward to it, there are some guests i am really looking forward to seeing

What happened?? Seems that some are allowed an opinion but otheres aren't!

You'll have a great time Rosie - these shows are well run with friendly, helpful staff