What Guests would you like for CMG4?

bunnycure

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope they can pull something out the hat, been to the 3 previous glasgow shows but there isnt even one single guest i'd like to meet at this one. not that the guests are bad, it is just such a generic lineup that seems put together with not much thought or effort whatsoever. throw in a couple star wars, dr who, star trek guests, oh that should do.

really had hopes for the glasgow show and will still go if they can pull out one guest i'd like to meet but when you look at the announcements for other shows compared to glasgow its depressing, its only the 4th show and were getting hit with repeat guests already.

not to rant or start another debate but.....i would like to see non repeat guests - which have already been at previous glasgow shows.

some like london line up (not lfcc but the other "new"one) would be cool again why the newer show has a better line up than the 4th show is beyond me.

I'm still holding out for a hero. David Lee Buff is in town, Showmasters! Sign him up!

Free signer with comedy dance lessons?

not to rant or start another debate but.....i would like to see non repeat guests - which have already been at previous glasgow shows.

some like london line up (not lfcc but the other "new"one) would be cool again why the newer show has a better line up than the 4th show is beyond me.

Not allowed to talkies.

Haven't actually seen TSCC either, keep meaning to. Although I am superly jealous of the Battlestar Galactica cast you've met!

*points to your sig*

:thumbup:

Lol, yep. I've been very lucky. I'll be adding Kate Vernon and John Heard to that list in November :borg:

tom felton?

Yes please!

Oh, and before I forget, GARETH DAVID-LLOYD! :P

Really hope show will be a great success and future shows will be happen! (and now the being honest part not meaning to be negative just honest opinion - good luck with that line up, I think it is weakest to date for Glasgow event & may make it difficult to get lot of general public in. Hope that is not the case, but after showing link to many people, very few are interested in attending and think line up is very poor. Most non die hard fans of those shows/films guests are from, have no clue who they are that I've spoken to).

I guess Shows are concentrating on many shows, but they made the assertion Glasgow would grow with each show, few done the line now, I see no growth (aside from party added on sat.); the guest list for very first show was better than current one even. If & I really hope it does not happen Glasgow shows stop, it would be because it never really grew or was given the chance too, poor lines ups = less general public likely to be attracted that would not normally attend such an event, unfortunate but true.

Really hope show will be a great success and future shows will be happen! (and now the being honest part not meaning to be negative just honest opinion - good luck with that line up, I think it is weakest to date for Glasgow event & may make it difficult to get lot of general public in. Hope that is not the case, but after showing link to many people, very few are interested in attending and think line up is very poor. Most non die hard fans of those shows/films guests are from, have no clue who they are that I've spoken to).

I guess Shows are concentrating on many shows, but they made the assertion Glasgow would grow with each show, few done the line now, I see no growth (aside from party added on sat.); the guest list for very first show was better than current one even. If & I really hope it does not happen Glasgow shows stop, it would be because it never really grew or was given the chance too, poor lines ups = less general public likely to be attracted that would not normally attend such an event, unfortunate but true.

Agreed.

Hi,

I sincerely hope not. :D

Let's be positive, just over a week to go!! I am so very excited. It's like being in the sweetie shop all over again, perusing the items on sale, meeting Guests and feeling the atmosphere. It will be electric!

All the guys dressed up, willing to let you get some photographs and everyone being so friendly. It's the ambience, the whole belonging that I adore with this kind of entertainment. I love it, but above all else it's in SCOTLAND!!!!

This is when I get so very excited. The time cannnot come soon enough for me. Did I mention how so very good the atmosphere is? It's awesome!!

Once you go and experience this con, your addicted!!

An absolute must!!

Okay enough zeal for today. Lol. :D

Ann

xx

Hi,

I sincerely hope not. :D

Let's be positive, just over a week to go!! I am so very excited. It's like being in the sweetie shop all over again, perusing the items on sale, meeting Guests and feeling the atmosphere. It will be electric!

All the guys dressed up, willing to let you get some photographs and everyone being so friendly. It's the ambience, the whole belonging that I adore with this kind of entertainment. I love it, but above all else it's in SCOTLAND!!!!

This is when I get so very excited. The time cannnot come soon enough for me. Did I mention how so very good the atmosphere is? It's awesome!!

Once you go and experience this con, your addicted!!

An absolute must!!

Okay enough zeal for today. Lol. :D

Ann

xx

Wow! You are excited :D . I hope it isn't the last show they do either as this is the only one i can afford to get to, what with single parentage comittments and money issues. I am making the most of it though and shall be dressing up :(

Edited by Ravenshayde

" I am making the most of it though and shall be dressing up :o "

Hi,

An excellent attitude to have!! :D

Plus it's people like yourself that make Glasgow what it is, a special unique experience!. The atmosphere is so much more rewarding when there is participation.

This is shaping up nicely to be the BEST Glasgow con yet!!!

:P:D:P

Agreed. Of the three I've been to, this is looking like it might be the best. Certainly the most people in costume, if not the best guests (sorry, but you're never gonna top a freakin' GHOSTBUSTER) then certainly for costuming. We haveta get a group picture.

" I am making the most of it though and shall be dressing up ;) "

Hi,

An excellent attitude to have!! :D

Plus it's people like yourself that make Glasgow what it is, a special unique experience!. The atmosphere is so much more rewarding when there is participation.

:P:D:P

I actually really want to meet you! You seem so happay ALL the time :o

Agreed. Of the three I've been to, this is looking like it might be the best. Certainly the most people in costume, if not the best guests (sorry, but you're never gonna top a freakin' GHOSTBUSTER) then certainly for costuming. We haveta get a group picture.

Personally I really liked the 1st one, got a lot of stuff, met a lot of cool people too, I think it's kinda went downhill from there.

Everything you've said is right. Though it seems saying it makes you the anti-Santa. No one I've spoken to that wasn't a geek purist has been interested in this guest line up.

But it should be fun regardless. I just wish faith would be had in Glasgow.

Edited by ComwWhite

i see a few people are dwelling on the negatie thought that this list of guests are not as big as they would like and that this con may be the last in Glasgow

i personally would NOT like to see the latter happen.....as for the list of guests this year i think it is quite a good mix

people need to remember that CollectormaniaGlasgow is still in its infancy and will continue to grow through the feedback people attending the con will give to their friends, family etc AND the feedback from the guests in attendance as well

you may think that because David Prowse, Kenny Baker and a few others are coming back that Showmasters are struggling for names but did it ever cross your mind that they may have enjoyed their time at their previous appearance immensely that they would come back if they were asked at the drop of a hat?......and that people may not have been to the previous cons in Glasgow that they attended so this gives them a chance to meet their screen heroes/idols?

i think this is the best all round list of guests since the first one......lets face it you will always pull out the stops for the first one so people will come back

i hope CMG continues for years to come

lets face it you will always pull out the stops for the first one so people will come back

Speaking from experience, I've always tried to pull out all the stops when booking an event so EVERY show makes people want to come back.

The fact that people have been saying this, and that they have been told Glasgow will grow when it hasn't, only shows that audience feedback isn't as listened to as a few people would like to believe.

But it should be fun regardless. I just wish faith would be had in Glasgow.

I agree with what comwWite has said. I wish people would have faith in the Glasgow event.

I disagree with the bad guest line up. As always every one view of guests is different, Look at the reply's the quest announcements have been getting. People are liking what they see.

We do have a couple of repeat guests as paddy said, those guests loved being part of Glasgow and wanted to come back. Why not.

I really hope that this is not the last event. As I have said before Glasgow has been financially successful for showmasters. cutting there losses, I think not.

Plase lets stop being negitave. The event is a couple of weeks away. everyone has been chatting and being friendly lets keep it like that folks.

Edited by Road runner