What Guests would you like for CMG4?

bunnycure

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to be negative here but these 'Who do you want to see' threads, they have before every show and pay no attention to any requests, the line up is what they want to have. For Glasgow they don't want to expand the show for whatever reason economic or they see it as smaller show, it hasn't grown since the first show no bigger line up, bigger guests or bigger show, they've added a Sat. evening party which is great but that's about it. I just fail to see the point in people posting masses of requests, when you are going to get hit with a line up whether you like it or not. Glasgow show will hopefully keep going but it has never been allowed to expand with bigger guests, better line up and in turn pulling in more people, more revenue allowing it to get bigger; maybe they expect with type of guest line ups audience wil miraculously double one show, which just isn't going to happen unfortunately.

Not meaning to be negative here but these 'Who do you want to see' threads, they have before every show and pay no attention to any requests, the line up is what they want to have. For Glasgow they don't want to expand the show for whatever reason economic or they see it as smaller show, it hasn't grown since the first show no bigger line up, bigger guests or bigger show, they've added a Sat. evening party which is great but that's about it. I just fail to see the point in people posting masses of requests, when you are going to get hit with a line up whether you like it or not. Glasgow show will hopefully keep going but it has never been allowed to expand with bigger guests, better line up and in turn pulling in more people, more revenue allowing it to get bigger; maybe they expect with type of guest line ups audience wil miraculously double one show, which just isn't going to happen unfortunately.

I'm getting repetitive eye strain from reading the same thing over and over :D

Now that Zachary Quinto is doing Las Vegas, it would be a massive coup if you could manage to get him for CMG4. And if thats too close maybe for 2010! Think about it, first time in Scotland and if you could get Leonard Nimoy up to Scotland with him. WOW!! You would sell out, instantly.

Las Vegas has strippers and gambling. So does Glasgow, but at least in Vegas the strippers have all their teeth and you aren't risking a brawl with an angry ned pissed after losing his kittens in a poker game.

I know where I'd pick if I were him.

• Moderators

To be fair, every event has unrealistic guest requests, not just Glasgow! No one guarantees you'll be getting who you request, but there's been a LOT of guests requested on this forum over the years that have ended up coming to an event. It's not a waste of time by any means.

As for Quinto, he was announced for an Eclipse convention but had to cancel, so him being willing to do events isn't really anything new. I'm sure he did an FX Florida show too when Showmasters were involved.

I'd be highly surprised if they had him at a Glasgow event right now though.

Proof B)

3726021154a5376794752l.jpg

Aye, but she'd pay good money to see pretty much anyone - including unimportant old me :( She baked me a cake for my birthday... and brought baby clothes to a show when Zi was born (which... was quite sweet in fairness)

Edited by ComwWhite

Oh it is! It really is! Think yourself lucky you weren't the one sitting next to her when eric came back :P

I still have photos from that night.

Here's one of the venue staff dealing with her outburst:

Mop_In_Action_02_450_pixel.jpg

Edited by ComwWhite

Oh it is! It really is! Think yourself lucky you weren't the one sitting next to her when eric came back :P

I still have photos from that night.

Here's one of the venue staff dealing with her outburst:

Mop_In_Action_02_450_pixel.jpg

It went everywhere! I'm still mentally scarred :P