Doctor who or Torchwood?

ilovejohnbarrowman

doctor who or torchwood  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Doctor who or Torchwood lol

• Doctor who
    • Torchwood

I'm not too keen on Torchwood, its far too inconsistant in its overall quality. I found series 1 was the most enjoyable. Although I do enjoy watching it for the many Doctor Who refrences.

The SJA is the better spin-off tbh

Edited by cyberdrunk

I like Torchwood but it just cannot compare with Doctor Who. I am a bit worried on the gay and lesbian scenes on Torchwood though I hope children are not watching it.

Surely you mean just all sex scenes?

Not just the gay and lesbian stuff. :D

Torchwood is meant to be more of an adult show than Doctor Who anyway, though I think that's changing in future episodes or did I hear wrong?

Torchwood has always meant to be more adult, but due to popularity in America it seems the new series will be toned down.

If it's popular with the way it is now, why not keep it how it is? ;):D Or they could always cut out things they find inappropriate when it's aired there like they do with other stuff :P

• Moderators

I think it's because they don't want to have to cut stuff out. We know what America's like .. one nipple slip and the whole country's outraged! :D lol

I guess it's easier to just work within the acceptable limits. Hopefully it won't affect anything.

We know what America's like .. one nipple slip and the whole country's outraged! ;) lol

Wonder what they thought of the sex alien :D

Season One didnt have much heart and i found myself not liking the characters.

Season 2 was much improved but it lost two of its best characters and kept on the most nay THE most unsympathetic unlikeable female character in the history of sf entertainment.

Barrowman whilst great is always Barrowman....i just you dont see him as Jack anymore.

Hes always the multi talented guy from Nancy who likes to get his nob out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had watched the older Doctor Who as a child and have watched the new S2 Doctor Who and am currently watching S1. While David Tennant is my favourite Doctor, I prefer the Torchwood series.

I like that it's more adult viewing then for children and I can't believe they want to tone it down. The Whole point is that British shows are edgier than American ones and just because they don't think Americans are ready for it [though it's been proved otherwise by Torchwood's popularity over there] now it'll be changed over here. :smile:

• 4 weeks later...

I had watched the older Doctor Who as a child and have watched the new S2 Doctor Who and am currently watching S1. While David Tennant is my favourite Doctor, I prefer the Torchwood series.

I like that it's more adult viewing then for children and I can't believe they want to tone it down. The Whole point is that British shows are edgier than American ones and just because they don't think Americans are ready for it [though it's been proved otherwise by Torchwood's popularity over there] now it'll be changed over here. :angel:

This is really off topic.

but is your name Bonnie?

I like that it's more adult viewing then for children and I can't believe they want to tone it down. The Whole point is that British shows are edgier than American ones and just because they don't think Americans are ready for it [though it's been proved otherwise by Torchwood's popularity over there] now it'll be changed over here. :D

This is really off topic.

but is your name Bonnie?

:D no, it's a nickname of my actual name which is Siobhan.