Is there any information on future events or guests?

Avengers7

I think the Hilton Birmingham Metropole dates were actually for the next Autographica event which the only guest i saw on the flyer was Ernest Borgnine.

That'll be a neat trick, considering that he's been dead for years. :D

I think you'll find he's very alive and well

Edited by Lennybear

Birminham is at least possible for me to get to, but a strange venue for a collectomania when you have the NEC over the road!

Still...

7th March 2009 TimeQuest

13th, 14th & 15th March, 2009 Hub2

28th & 29th March 2009 Collectomania Midlands

I'm not doing three in one month!

Birmingham is a less strange venue than an -in-the-middle-of-nowhere football stadium in Coventry!

But as someone pointed out about the NEC, weird to have it so close to the location of other events, if you know what I mean...

:clap:

LLAP :dance:

Can I ask why the next Midlands show is on exactly the same dates as another organisers Birmingham NEC show?

if it is, then for me its a good thing, 2 cons for the price of one trip, or just one depending on the guests.

either way it will be interesting.

I think the Hilton Birmingham Metropole dates were actually for the next Autographica event which the only guest i saw on the flyer was Ernest Borgnine.

That'll be a neat trick, considering that he's been dead for years. :WAVE:

I think you'll find he's very alive and well

Oops...now who have I confused him with? Oh well, in that case, never mind! LOL! :P

Least possible to get to??? Its on the directly off the motorway network and it has its own train station and international airport. Where do you live, outer mongolia??? The only way you cant get to the NEC site is by water.

I don't think showmasters can use NEC due to a exclusivity deal the NEC has with another organiser. So a hotel on NEC site is next best thing.

Birminham is at least possible for me to get to, but a strange venue for a collectomania when you have the NEC over the road!

Still...

7th March 2009 TimeQuest

13th, 14th & 15th March, 2009 Hub2

28th & 29th March 2009 Collectomania Midlands

I'm not doing three in one month!

Least possible to get to??? Its on the directly off the motorway network and it has its own train station and international airport. Where do you live, outer mongolia??? The only way you cant get to the NEC site is by water.

I said AT least possible to get to. I go there 2-3 a year.

• Showmasters Admin

Can I ask why the next Midlands show is on exactly the same dates as another organisers Birmingham NEC show?

if it is, then for me its a good thing, 2 cons for the price of one trip, or just one depending on the guests.

either way it will be interesting.

as far as we are a were there in no other event on that weekend that is like the events we run i hope this helps

jason

Yes, it will be interesting. Regardless of whether Showmasters bury their heads in the sand about events run by rival organisations (quote "there in no other event on that weekend that is like the events we run "), the fact that there are now two events in the same complex over the same weekend will be potentially fatal to them both. There are only so many guests (paying and celebrity) and dealers to go around.