All the stupid questions about the Con

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I think it depends on whether they have credit card machines with them or not. Not all stalls do from my experience, so it's best to have cash in case ..

Or perhaps ask the stallholder to save something for you, and then get the cash you need, rather than walking around with loads? :chair:

You may see guests at the main parties but the Gold pass holders have no more access to them than you.

ok whats this mean? gold is allowed to aproach and talk but standard are not?

also what is acceptable i mean i dont wanna chase after them at the parties but is saying hi ok?

• Moderators

He said they don't have more access :WINCE: i.e. at the main parties, everyone's the same.

Basically, don't crowd the guests. If they want to be sociable and talk, they will. Having a whole group of people around a guest is going to make them uncomfortable and want to leave.

If everyone's just calm, and talks when they think there's time etc, then they're likely to stay for far longer. Not having person after person talking and asking for photos without giving them a breather.

In the end it's more common sense and courtesy than any strict 'rules'. I'm sure everyone knows how to be reasonable.

He said they don't have more access :o i.e. at the main parties, everyone's the same.

Basically, don't crowd the guests. If they want to be sociable and talk, they will. Having a whole group of people around a guest is going to make them uncomfortable and want to leave.

If everyone's just calm, and talks when they think there's time etc, then they're likely to stay for far longer. Not having person after person talking and asking for photos without giving them a breather.

In the end it's more common sense and courtesy than any strict 'rules'. I'm sure everyone knows how to be reasonable.

thanks for that, just wasn't sure if it was ok to approach them at all

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry, me being stupid again...

Do the photoshoots sell out?

My dad isn't letting me get another one, but I might buy one at the convention anyway, as long as they don't sell out.

In theory they can sell out as we have to have a limit.

But so far we have never had a photo shoot at a weekend convention sell out.

Are all the guests doing speeches and signings on both days? Or are there half the guests on Saturday, the other half on Sunday?

In other words, could we get all the autographs on the saturday? Because we're trying to fit other non-convention things in too, so we might decide not to stay in the hotel all day. Would we be able to leave the hotel for a few hours each day without missing anything?

Sorry, I'm really bad at wording things :x

• Showmasters Admin

Are all the guests doing speeches and signings on both days? Or are there half the guests on Saturday, the other half on Sunday?

In other words, could we get all the autographs on the saturday? Because we're trying to fit other non-convention things in too, so we might decide not to stay in the hotel all day. Would we be able to leave the hotel for a few hours each day without missing anything?

Sorry, I'm really bad at wording things :x

Signings will be over both days and the way we work it you will get some each day. As you can join a guests queue anytime AFTER you've been called you COULD leave getting all of your autographs until Sunday but if you miss someone that is obviously your risk.

They will all likely be doing a talk both afternoons.

just wondered if there was any chance of a group photo will all the guests? im guessing not but it worth finding out if theres a chance

Due to them being a legistical nightmare it was decide not to have them anymore. Sorry.

just wondered if there was any chance of a group photo will all the guests? im guessing not but it worth finding out if theres a chance

Due to them being a legistical nightmare it was decide not to have them anymore. Sorry.

Just wondering how this will work with the gold pass holders... they all get a group photo with all the guests as part of their package. :P

• Showmasters Admin

Hi! Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I was just wondering what happens if your photoshoot turns out 'bad' (e.g, you're blinking)... do you get a 'reshoot' straight after, before they print the picture out, or do you have to have the 'bad' one?

Malcolm is very good and double checks the shot on the back of his camera before you move on. If he's in any doubt he'll take a second or even third shot.

In the event of there being a "bad" shot, if the guest is still around we'd look at getting it re-shot, if not we'd look at a refund. But so far that's not had to happen.

Just wondering how this will work with the gold pass holders... they all get a group photo with all the guests as part of their package. :P

Sorry I missed the fact it was in the gold package at this event. It's being phased out so ET must have gone on sale before that decision was made.

As it's in the package, all the gold pass holders will get it, no problem. We can do it, it will be fine and they look great. It's just been a pain to sort out at some previous events and so it's now been dropped from most of the future shows.

Edited by Too Tall

Hi! Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I was just wondering what happens if your photoshoot turns out 'bad' (e.g, you're blinking)... do you get a 'reshoot' straight after, before they print the picture out, or do you have to have the 'bad' one?

Malcolm is very good and double checks the shot on the back of his camera before you move on. If he's in any doubt he'll take a second or even third shot.

In the event of there being a "bad" shot, if the guest is still around we'd look at getting it re-shot, if not we'd look at a refund. But so far that's not had to happen.

Okay, thank you for the reply! This clears up any problems I would have had with buying photoshoots - I always seem to blink at the most inconvenient times when photo-taking!

• Moderators

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/twilight/faq.php?photos

Can I take my own photo with the guest?

No. During the autograph sessions there will be no posed photographs in order to get all of the convention attendees through the autograph session.

Can I take candid photos?

No, the guests are here to enjoy the event as well, and it is only fair to them to let them without snapping photos at every opportunity. We want the guests to be able to relax and enjoy the parties, so that they come back and hang out with attendees again.

Can I take photos during the guest talks?

Yes. You can use flash photography during the first couple of minutes of the talk, and then after that we ask that you refrain from using the flash. Our MC will give you a countdown letting you know when the flashes must be switched off.

Can I record the event?

No. There is absolutely no recording of the event allowed.

So mainly during the beginnings of talks, and at the parties.

• Showmasters Admin

These might have been asked already but...

In the 'How It Works' Section, they said that they split you into groups. Are these groups permanent throughout the whole Con? Also if you are split up from your friend, can you get tickets together?

The groups are for the whole weekend.

If you are in a different group to your friend, come and see me and I'll see if it's possible to sort it out, this goes for anyone!

It may not be possible in all cases, but if I can, I will move people to be with their friends. This will only be for the photos and autographs though.

For the talks if you wish to sit with your friend you will just need to wait until you are both called and then come in.

Hi, I have a question about collecting my ticket when I arrive there.

I understand you have to bring some form of ID (I'll probably take a passport) but should I take my dad's passport (He bought the ticket for me, but won't be attending) or my passport (I didn't buy the ticket, but will be attending)

I have already e-mailed Jola about the fact that even though my dad bought the ticket, it won't be him collecting it.