Staying at Heathrow

DorothyOverTheRainbow

i`m olso from near amsterdam, but i`m staying in thistle, with some friends of mine.

it`s easyer so you can put your stuff away and then catch the elavater back to the con.

try to share, most off the people are very nice and friendly, and that`s way it`s cheaper

There is a cheaper hotel up the road called Heathrow Lodge. Its more affordable, but quite basic.

Better to stay at the Thistle if you can.

I really wouldn't recommend the Lodge to any women staying on their own. It's only a short walk but it can be a little scary heading back that way on your own at night. I've never had anything bad happen - doing it at 4am - but it's not exactly pleasant.

The walk across the road to Sheraton is much better lit.

• 8 months later...

most hotels have somwhere to have luggage stored so id assume they do yeh!

and im staying at the lodge from tuesday 27th till the friday! i'll let u know how it is, im at thistle fri till mon tho

myself and 3 friends are staying at heathrow lodge.

stayed there for another con and had no problems. we did have to check out with our bags though around midday but the thistle were kind enough to let us store them there! :)

Edited by aayesha

There is a cheaper hotel up the road called Heathrow Lodge. Its more affordable, but quite basic.

Better to stay at the Thistle if you can.

I really wouldn't recommend the Lodge to any women staying on their own. It's only a short walk but it can be a little scary heading back that way on your own at night. I've never had anything bad happen - doing it at 4am - but it's not exactly pleasant.

The walk across the road to Sheraton is much better lit.

Wonderful news Erykah, thats where Chase and I are staying. However, we have stayed and walked through much dodgier areas like grimsby industrial estates and blackpool seafront at 2am with drug dealers calling to us and a police car attending a domestic on the beach! lol

• 3 weeks later...

does any1 no how far away the park inn is from thistle? i got a gud deal 4 it but mite be pointless if im avin to spend a fortune on taxis?

I just looked online and it say's that the Park Inn Heatrow hotel is just by Terminal 5 [is this the right one?].

And I looked at the local buses and it say's that the new 423 bus runs from Terminal 5, now this bus does stop just outside the thistle [just before McDonalds and the petrol garage] as I caught this one home after another con.

It is supposed to be free up to a certain point on the bus route [i think it is free from Terminal 5 up to the Thistle and a bit further on the route, but you might want to double check that and make sure you can catch it from the Park Inn [if you give the hotel a ring they should be able to tell you if you can catch that bus from near them].

Now even if there is a price for the bus journey it should only be about £1.50-£2 without an Oyster Card for a one way journey on the bus, this will probably be cheaper than a taxi [unless there's 2 or more of you going together, then a taxi will be cheaper].

Obviouslyif you are staying late for the parties you will have to get a taxi back to the hotel, as the buses stop running just after 12am.

You might want to post a question on the forum about the best taxi companies to use, as I live local I don't really need to use taxi's so I don't know the locals taxi's to use that have been verified as valid taxi companies. You don't want to travel in any old local taxi cab as it could be unsafe if their not a properly registered taxi firm.

Edited by bonniesrg

theblackrose, myself and Jade (jadangel2001 on here) are staying at Heathrow Lodge. Ive been abit worried about getting back from The Thistle late at night so if anyone wants to join us on the walks there or getting cabs and stuff you're more than welcome, i promise we're both very friendly :D

theblackrose, myself and Jade (jadangel2001 on here) are staying at Heathrow Lodge. Ive been abit worried about getting back from The Thistle late at night so if anyone wants to join us on the walks there or getting cabs and stuff you're more than welcome, i promise we're both very friendly :D

Sounds good. I will be there with my hubby and 9 year old daughter so the more of us there are the better

:D

Staying at the Thistle with a friend of mine. Won't have to walk far! :clap:

Anyone know how good buses from Kings Cross station (or any major station) to Heathrow airport are? Do they run in the station or do you have to walk to a coach station or something?

Google is not being my friend at the moment.

does any1 no how far away the park inn is from thistle? i got a gud deal 4 it but mite be pointless if im avin to spend a fortune on taxis?

I just looked online and it say's that the Park Inn Heatrow hotel is just by Terminal 5 [is this the right one?].

And I looked at the local buses and it say's that the new 423 bus runs from Terminal 5, now this bus does stop just outside the thistle [just before McDonalds and the petrol garage] as I caught this one home after another con.

It is supposed to be free up to a certain point on the bus route [i think it is free from Terminal 5 up to the Thistle and a bit further on the route, but you might want to double check that and make sure you can catch it from the Park Inn [if you give the hotel a ring they should be able to tell you if you can catch that bus from near them].

Now even if there is a price for the bus journey it should only be about £1.50-£2 without an Oyster Card for a one way journey on the bus, this will probably be cheaper than a taxi [unless there's 2 or more of you going together, then a taxi will be cheaper].

Obviouslyif you are staying late for the parties you will have to get a taxi back to the hotel, as the buses stop running just after 12am.

You might want to post a question on the forum about the best taxi companies to use, as I live local I don't really need to use taxi's so I don't know the locals taxi's to use that have been verified as valid taxi companies. You don't want to travel in any old local taxi cab as it could be unsafe if their not a properly registered taxi firm.

Thank you thats a really big help