Auction Items

• Showmasters Admin

This is just some of the items we plan to auction of at this years event

A selection of signed photos for members of the cast from

Torchwood

Dr Who

A selection of oversized photos of cast members

props from Dr Who or Torchwood

space for two at the meal on Saturday night with the guests "yes" you and a friend can get the chance to sit opposite John and chat if you win the bid :D

A Exclusive large canvas with art work of the guests from the Hub

and some Exclusive from this hub

plus lots more

so there is some items to look out for

jason :D

UH OH this could be dangerous....especially for someone like me....i am terrible with auctions...once i bid on an ice hockey shirt and ended up in a heated battle and pushed the boat out with a £600 bid...i won which was good but not so good for my bank balance and my life for the rest of the month :rolleyes:

No cards with numbers usually, you just put your hand up to bid & they have a number of "spotters" to keep an eye out for bidders. I always think it's more livestock auction than posh art auction!

Not entirely sure about payment types - seem to think the last con I went to they only took cash/cheque for the auction *but* that was a much smaller operation so perhaps these guys can do card payments.

Edited by vamperstein

Please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere, but what forms of payment are accepted at the auction(s)?
Cash or Card as far as I'm aware. Best to check on the day really. I'm hoping for another bidding war like we had at Chevron 7, man i thought it wasn't going to stop :whistling:

Please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere, but what forms of payment are accepted at the auction(s)?
Cash or Card as far as I'm aware. Best to check on the day really. I'm hoping for another bidding war like we had at Chevron 7, man i thought it wasn't going to stop :poki:

Thanks for the info! And there seem to be at least a few of us who tend to get into bidding wars, so you probably won't be disappointed. ;)

Cash or Card as far as I'm aware. Best to check on the day really. I'm hoping for another bidding war like we had at Chevron 7, man i thought it wasn't going to stop :poki:

Thanks for the info! And there seem to be at least a few of us who tend to get into bidding wars, so you probably won't be disappointed. ;)

Was it Chevron 7 where several thousand was spent on the meal with the guests?

Cash or Card as far as I'm aware. Best to check on the day really. I'm hoping for another bidding war like we had at Chevron 7, man i thought it wasn't going to stop :P

Was it Chevron 7 where several thousand was spent on the meal with the guests?

I don't know, since I wasn't there, but wow! Unless they take the right kind of card, I probably won't be winning that auction! ;) Of course, I'd be much more inclined to bid that sort of money if the proceeds were going to charity, but that's probably just me...

Of course, I'd be much more inclined to bid that sort of money if the proceeds were going to charity, but that's probably just me...

That's a good point actually. Will the auction be for charity and if so which one? People are far more inclined to be generous if they know the profits are going to charity.

Something like CamKids which John's partner is involved in or The Dog's Trust which John supports would be good choices.

Of course, I'd be much more inclined to bid that sort of money if the proceeds were going to charity, but that's probably just me...

That's a good point actually. Will the auction be for charity and if so which one? People are far more inclined to be generous if they know the profits are going to charity.

Something like CamKids which John's partner is involved in or The Dog's Trust which John supports would be good choices.

There's also the AIDS charity for people in the theatre/the arts which John supports

Edited by mjocovers

There's also the AIDS charity for people in the theatre/the arts which John supports

TheatreMAD - John is also a patron of it- it's a charity focusing on supporting those who work in teh arts and who suffer from serious illnesses. It's not purely focused on AIDS sufferers -it broke away from Theatrecares because it wanted to support people with a variety of illnesses, not just AIDS.

Edited by Persephone1

• Showmasters Admin

I realllly wish I had the money to bid on these items. Especially the meal with guests, that would be AWEEESOME. Was this other con where someone paid £6000 for the meal with guests about the same size as the Hub is going to be?

It was at Chevron 7 which had around 400 attendees. At present the Hub has around 650.

To be honest the number of attendees it irrelevent. It's if there are 2 or more people willing to push it up that far. At Chevron 7 there was. At the Hub maybe there won't (unlikely though). £6000 was way above what anyone expected. At Eclipse 1 the meal went for £600 which we thought was good money and there was the full 800 attendees, so the price it definitly not linked to the number of attendees. So you just don't know. But to be honest with John fans it is likely to go mad.

It was at Chevron 7 which had around 400 attendees. At present the Hub has around 650.

To be honest the number of attendees it irrelevent. It's if there are 2 or more people willing to push it up that far. At Chevron 7 there was. At the Hub maybe there won't (unlikely though). £6000 was way above what anyone expected. At Eclipse 1 the meal went for £600 which we thought was good money and there was the full 800 attendees, so the price it definitly not linked to the number of attendees. So you just don't know. But to be honest with John fans it is likely to go mad.

I confess I thought the dinner at Eclipse went for more than that but I may be remembering wrong. It strikes me as very unlikely that the meal at the Hub will go for less than £1000 though. £6000 is a little insane but £1000 or less seems unlikely.

Edited by Persephone1

• Showmasters Admin

I confess I thought the dinner at Eclipse went for more than that but I may be remembering wrong. It strikes me as very unlikely that the meal at the Hub will go for less than £1000 though. £6000 is a little insane but £1000 or less seems unlikely.

I do agree. I'll be surprised if it goes for less than £1000 as well.

I think there will be plenty of lovely stuff at the auction that you might be able to pick up for a decent price but anything John related (or indeed Gareth related it would be very worng to assume that people wouldn't equally spend lots on him!) is likely to go for 4 figures.

I realllly wish I had the money to bid on these items. Especially the meal with guests, that would be AWEEESOME. Was this other con where someone paid £6000 for the meal with guests about the same size as the Hub is going to be?

Two Tall is absolutely right. There are a number of John fans with money who are usually prepared to battle quite hard for things they want and I would be astonished if the dinner doesn't reach 4 figures.

I'm a mental John fan but not that mental, for that I'd want more than dinner!! Im not that obsessed about anything except doing my college course to that kinda cash,

Well you have to remember that some people have more money than others and £1000 or so may not be quite as huge an amount to spend for some people as for others. For some a £100 is a lot, for others a couple of grand is pocket money, just the way of the world I guess and where people are in their life cycle and so forth.

People will pay for the opportunity to have the personal time with John (and the other guests) I imagine rather than the dinner itself.

Also if the money is going to charity that's a positive thing too (although I don't know if that is the case)

Edited by catfish

Personally I might go into the hundreds for dinner with any of the cast, but 4 figures is beyond me (and my credit card) :YAHOO:

I might try for something smaller like pictures, you never know in the current financial climate people might restrain themselves a little *hopes in vain*