come on showmasters..

teabelly83

ok please guys dont take this as a slagging off mssg as it isnt, its jst my opinion, and irespect every1 elses opinions and interests buts whats with all the dr who guests there, i hope they get some more varied guests other that ppl involved with dr who,.

i knw theres alot of who fans out there who will attend (excuse the pun lol) but i think it would be cool to see alot more guests who vary. there are 13 guests so far announced and 6 of them are dr who stars. i know its early still yet and more guests will be added, hopefully, but hopefulyl be more guests other than who stars.

im not slagging showmasters off btw as they do an excellent job puting the shows on and im looking 4ward to meeting dirk, dwight, kane hnodder and dreyfuss!

thanks again.

Edited by teabelly83

ok please guys dont take this as a slagging off mssg as it isnt, its jst my opinion, and irespect every1 elses opinions and interests buts whats with all the dr who guests there, i hope they get some more varied guests other that ppl involved with dr who,.

i knw theres alot of who fans out there who will attend (excuse the pun lol) but i think it would be cool to see alot more guests who vary. there are 13 guests so far announced and 6 of them are dr who stars. i know its early still yet and more guests will be added, hopefully, but hopefulyl be more guests other than who stars.

im not slagging showmasters off btw as they do an excellent job puting the shows on and im looking 4ward to meeting dirk, dwight, kane hnodder and dreyfuss!

thanks again.

+1

I think it's time for Showmasters to get the head out of the hole and answer people's queries about the lack of guests (other than dr who ones) for that particular event... Those queries are all around the forum, and still not a single reaction from Showmasters... Yeah i know, they are working on getting more guests for sure, that's the typical answer... but come on, should we expect it to be a big event or not?

So far it looks to me like one of the most minor events i ever saw...

An aswer telling the fans 'yes we said it would be and it will be' will have to be justified concretely or fans will lose faith in Showmasters and what they are announcing...

And everyone is not coming from the area next door... Some people are passionate enough to make a long trip to meet guests but they have to be sure the trip is gonna worth it...

Edited by God L'Eponge

At the moment im not going but I no I will in the end because there will be one guest I just can't miss haha.

im glad u guys seem to agree with what i said. also thanks for not taking it as a slagging off showmasters mssg as it wasnt!! but i do agree an stick to what ioriginaly said, a more wider range of guests would be great, if not it will end up being a dr who convention.

Ok quick simple question

Which is better Showmasters coming on here and replying to every whiney thread along the lines of 'where are the guests', 'announce more guests', 'we don't like this,that or the other guest' OR them actually spending time contacting, negotiating with and sorting out details with guests?

I know which I would prefer.

Guests cannot be plucked out of thin air it takes time to organise the details with them when things are ready they will be announced no amount of threads like this will speed that process up, and just look at the variety at previous events it may just be a case of the ones announced were just quicker or easier to finalise and they were coincidently from the same show, you never know the next batch might be hobbits or vampires or superheroes.........it's a case of wait and see and keep on hoping that the next batch will be the batch for you, thats part of the fun the anticipation and element of surprise.

The guests will be announced as soon as they can. Showmasters have not changed their approach so not sure why you think they will start now.

As for losing faith, speak for yourself God L'Eponge. I'm happy with Dwight Schultz, Dirk Benedict and Roger Hunt. There have been other Showmasters events where I didn't like the line up so I didn't go. Simple decision really. I appreciate people come from all over to go to the shows but you can't please everyone. Sometimes its going to be worth it, sometimes its not. That is the risk of this business

(sorry if that's blunt but I couldn't think of any other way of putting it)

Im hoping we are in for a more varied line up at Mid too as enjoyed the last one a great deal,Englund and Campbell the Jagger and Richards of 80s/early 90s horror next to each other...that was a good one!

I pretty much was the only kid in school who thought the A Team was repetetive bobbins so Dwight and the guy off celeb big brother dont exite me too much...mind you i did like Battlester Galactica which had to do till ESB came out and as a lot did i thought Benedict was just a Han Solo rip off without the Wookie,the chops,the natty waist coat,the falcon and the personality.

I still cant believe theres a show happening with no Buffy or Heroes guests,Dean Andrews,Kenny Baker,Hattie Hayridge or Martina Sirtis and as for the Who guests im a classic WHO fan and even im not impressed with the Who guests thus far...............apart from Peri and you got to wonder what this line up would be like if that cancelled Who show had gone ahead.

I hope we get a Dreyyfus talk as that would make everything worthwhile.

I know its the day after but this show could have been soooooo good taking Halloween into effect....you got two icons from Horror flicks in JAWS and F13 for a start

Its a shame there isnt more.......................or maybe you have something up your green and red striped sleeve.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by vintageSW77

it may just be a case of the ones announced were just quicker or easier to finalise and they were coincidently from the same show,

It's not entirely a coincidence. Now that Tenth Planet are more closely involved with Showmasters, their contacts became Showmaster's contacts. From the looks of it many of the later guests at the last event Alexei Sayle, Anita Dobson, Frances White, all came from the link to Tenth Planet, and it's the same for the Who guests in the Midlands (most already booked for another event that got cancelled)

So yes it is easier to finalise, since they aren't new leads.

The guests will be announced as soon as they can. Showmasters have not changed their approach so not sure why you think they will start now.

As for losing faith, speak for yourself God L'Eponge. I'm happy with Dwight Schultz, Dirk Benedict and Roger Hunt. There have been other Showmasters events where I didn't like the line up so I didn't go. Simple decision really. I appreciate people come from all over to go to the shows but you can't please everyone. Sometimes its going to be worth it, sometimes its not. That is the risk of this business

(sorry if that's blunt but I couldn't think of any other way of putting it)

I'm happy with yourself not losing faith in Showmasters IF they announce big names in a thread and there is no one at the end (and i'm not saying it won't happen, i'm just curious why they announced that so earlier and now that we are closer to the event there's still no a single name that came out)

Of course i speak first for myself but i think i won't be the only one in any case losing faith IF that happens, regarding the reactions i read on the forums.

Now i'm not slagging Showmasters (sorry if you think i am) as of course i know there's still weeks to go before the event and everything can change and hopefully it will... If that happens i won't loose faith :lol:

But i'm not agreeing when you say it's a simple decision to take. It really depends from a lot of factors, and it's easy to say so when you live in England but when you have to cross a sea to meet guests, plan travels from A to Z including hotel (which hopefully are for most of them refundables) or planes (when you have to subscribe a cancellation insurance WHEN it's possible - not always the case!), that means you have a lot of expenses ahead and should wisely think about making it.

And such a trip should be booked well in advance so that it doesn't break the wallet, leaving you money to spend at the show as it's also what it's meant for (autographs, photoshoots, dealers stuff...)

So overseas people can not afford to wait for the very last moment to take a decision. A friend of mine wanted to attend C14 but when the guests he was hoping were announced it was too late for him to book his trip! Not that it would have cost him too much, it was just IMPOSSIBLE as there was no more room in trains to England.

So i had to take a decision early concerning this one and i went on to the forums where i saw that thread about 'big names' being announced. I decided to TRUST Showmasters on that one as i had no other information and planned my trip then. So far i think i have the right to worry as i don't see any of those big names coming out, and moreover, i don't even see usual VARIOUS guests.

So yes it was all a question of trust and i will be disappointed IF that thread was just posted to attract people (and i'm not saying it was until i see the final line up okay?) and i'm sure that i won't be the only one even if YOU (speak for yourself!) are happy with the guests so far.

Once again i do think it would be nice from Showmasters to react on that. That's all.

Now they do what they want, i'm not forcing anyone!

But as a customer from a service supplier i would like some more information on what i am actually buying, i think that's my absolute right.

Edited by God L'Eponge

I noticed the Scots were singled out for moaning about the quality and numbers of guests at Glasgow during the lead up to the event, but since then, I've seen the same thing happen in every thread advertising a forthcoming event wherever in the UK it is. I hope you are all taking note. :lol:

I noticed the Scots were singled out for moaning about the quality and numbers of guests at Glasgow during the lead up to the event, but since then, I've seen the same thing happen in every thread advertising a forthcoming event wherever in the UK it is. I hope you are all taking note. :thumbup:

hey im geordie and i complain about everything lol .... but im taking note lol

I noticed the Scots were singled out for moaning about the quality and numbers of guests at Glasgow during the lead up to the event, but since then, I've seen the same thing happen in every thread advertising a forthcoming event wherever in the UK it is. I hope you are all taking note. :thumbup:

Am a scot and i never moan. The quality of the guest depends on each person. At Glasgow people said there were no good guests, but i got to meet Ernie Hudson, DAVID PROWSE and i met a new guy i never would have imagined as a great guest but was fantastic SHANE RANGI. I would love to meet kevin Smith (Silent Bob) or Neil Pattrick Harris. Where as others would say they are bad guests. If your a DR Who fan then this is a bloody good event. I go to these to meet people i have met befor and meet new people not just for guests. Like MK this year i was mad that no Adam Baldwin but still went and had a fantastic time. Yes everyone has an opinion but SHOWMASTERS do their best and dont just get guests for 1 person. Keep supporting them and Middlens will grow just like MK, London and soon to be Glasgow.

Am a scot and i never moan. The quality of the guest depends on each person. At Glasgow people said there were no good guests, but i got to meet Ernie Hudson, DAVID PROWSE and i met a new guy i never would have imagined as a great guest but was fantastic SHANE RANGI. I would love to meet kevin Smith (Silent Bob) or Neil Pattrick Harris. Where as others would say they are bad guests. If your a DR Who fan then this is a bloody good event. I go to these to meet people i have met befor and meet new people not just for guests. Like MK this year i was mad that no Adam Baldwin but still went and had a fantastic time. Yes everyone has an opinion but SHOWMASTERS do their best and dont just get guests for 1 person. Keep supporting them and Middlens will grow just like MK, London and soon to be Glasgow.

i was backing you up lol , i know you were there i saw you lol .

i will do lol if your at this one look out for me, if not i will see you in december

I have applyed to Crew at this one so should be there. But if not it will be Glasgow. Then Definitely Chevron 7.2, Maybe Eclipse 3, Definitely Collectermania 15, Hallowhedon and the Glasgows. Showmasters thanks for bankrupting me theres a credit crunch you know.

i will do lol if your at this one look out for me, if not i will see you in december

I have applyed to Crew at this one so should be there. But if not it will be Glasgow. Then Definitely Chevron 7.2, Maybe Eclipse 3, Definitely Collectermania 15, Hallowhedon and the Glasgows. Showmasters thanks for bankrupting me theres a credit crunch you know.

yeah my bank statments might as well just read give all to showmaster lol

• Showmasters Admin

guys we do the best we can.

if its not good for you sorry, but we come up with the goods 99 % of the time

we just do the best we can as we always do

you cannot just pick guests from a catalog a lot of work goes into booking guests

well back to work

jason :WAVE: