I don't want to seem ungreatful

I fully understand that every one attends the con for the same reason in the first place,they are fans of the show.

But to 'me' it is the meeting of the stars.

Listening to them tell thier stories and experiences.

Getting the autographs and having my pic taken with them in the photoshoots.

as i am taking 2 of my sons to the event and spent over £400 on passes alone, i would also be sad if only 3 guests were announced.

hope that my doubts are put to rest and there is more guests to come but at the minute the £245 i pulled out for a Gold is looking like a lot of money for 3 guests.

Keep up all the hard work to everyone at SM/ME

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming on here hoping for some news to make me want to change my mind, but I think I'm going to just write off the money I spent on my gold pass too.

When I spoke to Jason at C14 he told me he had guests ready to announce, but circumstances have changed and obviously those guests are no longer available. I'm sure they're desperately trying to get us guests, but with only few weeks to go it's looking less and less likely and after Lockdown and now this, I'm not going to be parting with my money so readily in future.

Edited by jael001

I am just worried about the lack of time left before E2....

I mean, it is The Hub this weekend and then I am guessing that SM's will be throwing everything into CM Midlands which apparently has "more guests" to be announced and this "big guest" still to come...

So after Midlands it is only 2 weeks before E2....

I hope SM's prove me wrong and pull an amazing guest out of the bag....

The whole point of a convention is to meet guests.

I have to be picky and say that meeting guests isn't the 'whole' point of a con. Well, at least for me it isn't.

It is a big part though.... Lets be honest... If this was a Heroes Fan Gathering, where fans can meet, watch eps, discuss the show and get drunk together at the parties....then great!! I would love that!!

but would ANYONE pay 245.00 for that.....

I know I certainly would not....

Would refunds not be offered *IF* we only got 3 guests?

Why?

It's advertised as a Heroes event, not a total number of guests event...... any guest is a bonus! :uhoh:

I think the quote below speaks for itself.

There definitely will be more guests added and as we have said before we will have between 4 and 6 guests on the day, and we are planning on 6 for this event.

Edited by lovbug

this is all making me feel rather ill i just hope its not lockdown v2.0 and i'd disagree with Jola it's advertised as a heroes event with 4-6 guests.

I made the most of lockdown but i'll be so dissapointed if my next sm con after it i've having to do the same thing,

Jason has already explained the situation - it's not so much that the guests aren't available, they are waiting to know their own schedules before they confirm.

They have not forgotten us, and they are working on guests, and I'm sure they will get at least one more, if not 2 or 3.

Admittedly the situation doesn't look good at the moment, and I'm sure SM/ME want to announce a big guest as much as we want them to, as it would be in their best interests and would boost their ticket sales. But also, they do rectify situations when they make a mistake and I'm sure they probably won't run another con when the show its for are in the middle of filming a series.

There are still 4 weeks, and guests can be announced up to the day of the con, so personally I am not going to panic just yet. :D

If the situation is still the same in 3 weeks, the panic will set it, since this trip is costing me in excess of £1000 by the time I add travel, food, hotel etc. :uhoh:

Urgh my absolute pet peeve about conventions is someone trying to tell people it's not about the guests, and we should go to meet our friends.

I’m sorry but that just is not what any sane person would pay £245 for! (perhaps an insanely rich one!) We pay to meet the guests and I really don't see how people can say otherwise. Yes there is heaps, more to it and the price covers more than just the guests being there, the convention as a whole is an experience, but the guests make up a big part of that, in truth we can mostly see our friends for free anytime we make the effort. And there are a ton of places to discuss your favourite show too. So please just don’t say it, it's just not a realistic excuse, and it only makes people annoyed who weren’t beforehand, if you have that much money to spend to just meet your friends, and have a few drinks I for one am extremely jealous, but I know for sure that is not what the majority of people pay for.

</steps off her grumpy soapbox>

on topic…

I, like most people here, hope we get some more guests for E2, and trust that even at this late stage that Showmasters are working there darndest to get us some. So I am trying hard not to be difficult or complain as in the end we have already spent the money so there's no going back and I’ll come along and enjoy what's there. But I can’t deny my enjoyment would increase exponentially if there were any of my most wanted guests there, as would my spending :uhoh: lol And I’ll keep checking the forum everyday just in case!

Why?

It's advertised as a Heroes event, not a total number of guests event...... any guest is a bonus!:YAHOO:

There definitely will be more guests added and as we have said before we will have between 4 and 6 guests on the day, and we are planning on 6 for this event.

But that was posted by showmasters almost 2 months ago... and now we are less than a month from the con...

So can i presume showmasters will not be openly offering refunds, *IF* we only have 3 guests? Because I believe that they should.

Why?

It's advertised as a Heroes event, not a total number of guests event...... any guest is a bonus!:YAHOO:

But that was posted by showmasters almost 2 months ago... and now we are less than a month from the con...

Huh? Sorry how does that change things?

I wasn't saying we shouldn't worry because of that statement. I was confirming that E2 certainly was sold on the number of guests and therefore we should be worried and refunds should be considered *IF* we only get 3 guests

Edited by lovbug

• Moderators

I suppose the main problem with expecting refunds is that nothing is stated on the main website nor the online shop about a fixed guest list.

(Though please correct me if that's wrong.)

All I know of is our general 'estimate' that we divulge whenever someone asks. And while SMs/ME may have the best of intentions in terms of wanting to get 4-6 guests, it was never guaranteed at time of purchase. A few posts here on the forum stating general plans probably wouldn't stick in terms of being mislead or falsely sold something.

I would say the most important thing would be under the site's T&Cs:

1). Please note that all event programme sales are final and no refunds will be given so please be sure of your booking. If the event is cancelled for any reason then only the face value of the programme will be refunded. Neither Massive Events Ltd or Showmasters Ltd will be liable for any other costs.

If the organiser chooses to offer a refund then obviously that's different, but I don't see that they're actually legally obligated.

I'm sure someone who knows law better will find some loophole, but that's how I see it at the moment.

I have looked on the site, but can't find anything saying a definite number of guests.

The last T&C does concern me that people are bound to any further T&Cs that may be made... technically, thats not true- you will only be bound to the T&Cs that were around when you bought the ticket... Although I'm sure SM have had a solicitor go through it all and have found some way to make that last one legal.... just doesn't seem it to me lol :YAHOO:

But back on the subject (just me being anal there ;) ) no, nothing about guests.

However, I can't remember what was specifically said at E1 about it being "bigger and better"... that can be a tricky one, as implied terms of an agreement can too be legally binding :wub:

(Can anyone tell I'm currently doing my litigation work lol?)

• Moderators

Having checked a couple of other convention organisers' T&Cs, they seem to be near enough the same as what Massive Events offer.

Therefore I'd be very surprised if they didn't legally hold up. Certainly the non-refundable (apart from in terms of an event cancellation) part seems standard. And no guaranteed number of guests in a lineup.

Oh yea they will... I just meant the last term if you read it... I'm not sure any further T&Cs would hold up...

And yea, implied terms are always a tricky one... Never say anything ambiguous or that you might not be able to stick to... even "bigger and better" lol...

this is so retarded its not even funny anymore,

im sure were all gonna have a great time, but people have a right to worry about their investments.

ive decided not to even express my views on the subject as you always get the tipical politically correct answers, anyway with a month to go all i hope is SM prove us wrong, if there working on guests great lets just hope it wont be like lockdown where they were working on guests and a replacement that never came [with no fault of their own of course, it was just the unfortunate circumstances of leaving things to the last minute and the writers strike]

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

Nik, people are allowed to have discussions without it being "retarded" or "politically correct" etc. You can express your views as much as you want, but so can everyone else.

As far as I can tell, no one has said that people have no right to worry anyway. No one has said that anyone is wrong. It's just people offering different sides to a discussion, so you can comment, just like anyone else can.

I think its just.. atm feeling like a let down, its not even worth the money you pay for silver nevermind the people who have gone for gold.

But as iv said before, i have faith in SM.. And wont worry proply till 2 weeks.. if they aint got anymore by then,

i know and im using my right of expression though

:(

just saying this forum is like a broken record ... thats why its retarded

but i was actually being nice tbf

but whatevz

loltings

i dont see how the word retarded is offensive as i was using it to describe this forum and not people, so if you want to assosiate it with disabled people who i wouldnt call retarded, its a usual word to use for the 'younger generation' and its not ment in the same context as you might use it. so sorry if it offended you but like i say different contexts, im just like david b said 'using my right to express my opinion'

Edited by nikstar1989