New Event Announcement - Hallowhedon

showmasters

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i didnt realise that :-( i thought it was cute that people wanted to upgrade so badly. i laughed in a good way honest. but i still think people should of thought about this before buying (thats if they could of efford gold at the time)

sorry for my laughter :-(((

its not nice to laugh at someone who has a question, im sure u wudnt appreicate it..

im not laughing at the question. more at the fact james has caused people to reconsider their own tickets!!!

For your general information, it's not a case of upgrading a long held ticket - i didn't book until this weekend, when James was announced.

i have just shelled out a load of cash on the Mayday weekend, so was juggling my credit card and went ahead to get a ticket that i could afford. Then i found a bit extra and could afford the Silver.

However, if buying/upgrading to a more expensive ticket is not allowed - and how crazy is that? Don't you want more money?? - And transferring is not allowed??? :D then i'll have to live with it, won't i?!!

*monkeyballs* :D

Edited by Lovejames

• Moderators

I understand your disappointment but there's no point in being angry.

All of these things are clearly stated before you buy the ticket.

It's so people can't just sell them on eBay and make money off them etc. The organisers are in full control of the situation this way.

Again, I'm sorry for the disappointment, but calm down a bit please.

Really liking the guests announced so far.

If this was in Northampton or Birmingham like some of your other events,I would have already booked my ticket, but I will have to miss out on this one because of where it is taking place.

I don't drive so would have to use public transport, which is not cheap, and involves a number of changes along the journey where as the other venues are pretty much straight through to on train and within a few mins walking distance from the station.

I have friends who have attended previous cons at the venue in the past and they didn't like the hotel at all.

So it is a number of reasons really.

I have heard plenty of people say it is a good venue, but prefer to go by the word of people I know and trust more, as they regularly attend conventions around that area and they wouldn't recommend it.

Totally poor customer service all round was their main complaint, about the venue and hotel staff, not the actual convention.

hi Spotter was just wondering if you wanted to go to this con if you could ask if anyone would give you a lift, most of the fans i've met over the years are pretty accommodating.

Also regarding the hotel i've been there loads too its ok, they let you do pretty much as you like and dont mind you hanging about till the early hours as well unlike a lot of hotels and are well used to convention here. It maybe not a 5* as the Hilton or anything but surely its the convention and guests not the hotel that should be the main reason for going so i wouldnt let this put you off and missing out. Most of the activities take place in the convention hall attached anyway so you'll be busy most of the day/evening in there anyway.

I am sure you could find someone to pick you up too, where abouts are you - I am sure there are people to drive you down if you put a note on the forum. Would be a shame if your a fan to miss out on this event.

nicky

Edited by buffy2k

I don't drive so would have to use public transport, which is not cheap, and involves a number of changes along the journey where as the other venues are pretty much straight through to on train and within a few mins walking distance from the station.

I have friends who have attended previous cons at the venue in the past and they didn't like the hotel at all.

So it is a number of reasons really.

I have heard plenty of people say it is a good venue, but prefer to go by the word of people I know and trust more, as they regularly attend conventions around that area and they wouldn't recommend it.

Totally poor customer service all round was their main complaint, about the venue and hotel staff, not the actual convention.

but thats just YOU.. and they sudnt have to base a con on what one person travel is easier, no offence, but i know alot of peopel coming to this because it is in london, and its certainly easier for me for sure.