Merlin

DavidB

• Moderators

Well with the success of Doctor Who and Robin Hood, we now have our next Saturday evening show.

Merlin has a good amount of familiar cult faces:

Colin Morgan - Merlin (Doctor Who - Moonlight)

Anthony Head - Uther Pendragon (Buffy)

John Hurt - The Great Dragon (A million different things)

Santiago Cabrera - Lancelot (Heroes)

Michelle Ryan - Nimueh (Bionic Woman)

Eve Myles - Mary Collins (Torchwood)

Angel Coulby - Guinevere/Gwen (Doctor Who - The Girl in the Fireplace)

And of course some other quality actors such as Richard Wilson and .. erm, Will Mellor.

Anyway I'll be giving it a go ;)

• Moderators

Well I gave it a go - pretty harmless to be fair.

Probably (hopefully?) gets a bit more interesting as the series goes on, if they build up the characters and confrontation. It's always hard to judge on a first episode.

Acting was okay. I enjoyed the style of the show, and the general look of it. It's just whether the storyline becomes gripping or not.

Well I gave it a go - pretty harmless to be fair.

Probably (hopefully?) gets a bit more interesting as the series goes on, if they build up the characters and confrontation. It's always hard to judge on a first episode.

Acting was okay. I enjoyed the style of the show, and the general look of it. It's just whether the storyline becomes gripping or not.

I only just found out today that I'd missed it, only heard of it when you first posted about it and didn't realise it was this Saturday :blush:

I have no idea if it's on catch-up stuff like the BBC IPlayer or not but I wouldn't be surprised :cylon:

Either that or other less legal means .. lol

I currently have no internet so I can't even watch it online yet :cylon:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Anyone still watching? :frankie:

It's been fairly watchable - granted, nothing spectacular, but the majority of the cast seem to be performing well, and I am liking the development of Merlin as a character. It keeps me interested enough to stay with it, as long as I have fairly low expectations entering it.

I'm still watching it, on iplayer, just watched the 3rd episode but I think 4 have aired now? Will watch the 4th when I've ran out of other things to watch :wub: Though it's weird seeing Merlin as a boy and not as I imagine/expect him to be; an old man with a white beard and pointy hat :D

• Moderators

I am. Albeit as a Sunday morning chill out rather than a Saturday night 'have to watch'. Although today I did wonder how many more weeks Merlin will save Arthur before it becomes a little stale?

Merlin saves Arthur, Arthur saves Merlin .. Giles gets angry (sorry Tony lol) .. Victor Meldrew tries to be helpful .. I'm sure something will unravel eventually in terms of the connection between Merlin and Arthur, and the magic, though I'm not sure if they'd save that for a season finale.

well we get santiago next week... that alone is going to be worth watching.... only seen bits of it to be fair as it's in the same time slot as dr who was and i always missed that but at least they repeted the good dr...

I loved the first week and now I'm loving it even more!!!!! I can't wait for Arthur to find our about Merlin's magic. :poki:

A bit bizarred out at the fact that Gueneviere fancies Merlin when she's supposed to marry Arthur and that Lancelot joins Camelot already. totally messes with the "real" legend but I'll go with it................

Edited by Dum dumdum Dum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only just seen the final episode, what did everyone think of it and the series in general? Looking forward to it returning?

I cant wait for it to come back! It was so freaking awesome! The finale was a bit dull though....first you think Arthur is gonna die, then Merlin, then Merlins Mum, then Gaius, and then finally Nimueh dies XD But it was still uber great, and i really cant wait for the next series!

While I liked it it wasn't as good as I was hoping for to begin with as not much seemed to happen, but I think it got better towards the end/last half of the series.