constructive criticism we are fine with this is one of the things the

showmasters

and for your information spell check will not tell you if a word is spelt right but in the wrong context

She's right, you know; unless it also has a grammar checker attached, a simple spellchecker is of limited use, as somebody once demonstrated:

I have a spelling checquer

It came with my pea sea

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea

Eye ran this poem threw it

Your sure real glad two no

It's vary polished in it's weigh

My checker tolled me sew

A checker is a bless sing

It freeze yew lodes of thyme

It helps me awl stiles two reed

And aides me when aye rime

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should be proud

And wee mussed dew the best wee can

Sew flaws are knot aloud

And now bee cause my spelling

is checked with such grate flare

Their are know faults with in my site

Of nun eye am a wear

Each frays comes posed up on my screen

Eye trussed to be a joule

The checker poured o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule

That's why aye brake in two averse

By righting wants too pleas

Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear for pea seas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for your information spell check will not tell you if a word is spelt right but in the wrong context

She's right, you know; unless it also has a grammar checker attached, a simple spellchecker is of limited use, as somebody once demonstrated:

I have a spelling checquer

It came with my pea sea

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot sea

Eye ran this poem threw it

Your sure real glad two no

It's vary polished in it's weigh

My checker tolled me sew

A checker is a bless sing

It freeze yew lodes of thyme

It helps me awl stiles two reed

And aides me when aye rime

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should be proud

And wee mussed dew the best wee can

Sew flaws are knot aloud

And now bee cause my spelling

is checked with such grate flare

Their are know faults with in my site

Of nun eye am a wear

Each frays comes posed up on my screen

Eye trussed to be a joule

The checker poured o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule

That's why aye brake in two averse

By righting wants too pleas

Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays

Such soft wear for pea seas

my god do you work in boots head office i swear i got a email off them today that read just like that lol

• Showmasters Admin

Some constructive criticism.

I've been to a LOT of Showmasters events. Have had a good time at most of them and a fantastic time at others.... but I have to say that the attendees to this event (and the remaining events this year), is somewhat disappointing. Yes, there are some nice guests going. Jamie Bamber and Adam Baldwin are both fantastic guests, really nice guys from shows that I love...

BUT, they have been to UK events recently. In fact, most of the 'bigger' guests are repeat guests and I don't think that's a good thing for the future of events.

I can see how the nature of events and conventions has changed in the last 18 months to 2 years. Overall attendances seem to be down, the number of guest cancellations is way up (and yes, I realise this is due to factors far beyond the control of organisers) and yet the number of events is increasing. I seriously think that the event market is becoming over saturated and the quality of the events is suffering as a result.

Hi Chris

i would just like to say thanks for coming to all the events we run over the years

now i see were you are going but as LFCC showed we can still get the guests and in stile

i think you have to agree that event was one of the best events we have ran for a long time

now you say that "guest cancellations is way up" this is down to the fact we are going for bigger names and more guests attend the events than before so an increace of cancellations is likely

you also say "Overall attendances seem to be down" odd LFCC was up Glasgow was up on last year OK Gmex has never grown, but that not down to a drop of in the interest in the fan, more its a hard town to run the even the cost of that show are as much a LFCC so we are slowing down in Manchester but we will get it right in the end, like we did not london it took years to get that right.

as to C14 yes some of the guests are repeat guests but its still its a good line up maybe not to your liking some of the guests have been put up a bit late in my liking but that done to the luck of the dice, but as i have said for years do not say if not a good guest list till the last guests has been put up :(

as to yet the "number of events is increasing" well G-mex has gone down to 1 event a year glasgow has gone up to 2 a year LFCC was twice a year and want down to 1 a year 4 years ago MK has been and still is 2 times a year yes we are running Midalands which is new so as to lots of new big events we are talking 1 new town and if people want it they will sapourt it, and only time will tell

now we are feeling the pinch this year, but the events we run seem to be working well and we plan some amazing events next year, in fact one thing that has been taking up a lot of our time is working on the events we plan for 2009

i can also say some of the events we run this year are going to change next year and will take what we do to the next level , we have had some amazing plans for 2009

we said this about LFCC and only in the last two years have people seen what we meant

so Chris we see were you car coming from but i do not think its like what you say the future is looking very good indeed

i hope we get you some more of the guest you hope for at c14

take care

jason

And thanks for letting us know Jason- as Crippsy and I said, it was just way to out there for a 1st post!! Anyone also notice that this guy is throwing up a fuss the week before another organiser's show they have like the worst line up ever? Just an observation! Shifting the attention/blame?

If its the event Im thinking off then pretty sure its not anyone from there, as A] they don't have the time to post random things on other forums B] pretty sure there not the type of people that would want too, or feel the need too...

:(

LLAP :lol:

Edited by zebredy

Hi Chris

i would just like to say thanks for coming to all the events we run over the years

now i see were you are going but as LFCC showed we can still get the guests and in stile

i think you have to agree that event was one of the best events we have ran for a long time

now you say that "guest cancellations is way up" this is down to the fact we are going for bigger names and more guests attend the events than before so an increace of cancellations is likely

you also say "Overall attendances seem to be down" odd LFCC was up Glasgow was up on last year OK Gmex has never grown, but that not down to a drop of in the interest in the fan, more its a hard town to run the even the cost of that show are as much a LFCC so we are slowing down in Manchester but we will get it right in the end, like we did not london it took years to get that right.

as to C14 yes some of the guests are repeat guests but its still its a good line up maybe not to your liking some of the guests have been put up a bit late in my liking but that done to the luck of the dice, but as i have said for years do not say if not a good guest list till the last guests has been put up :(

as to yet the "number of events is increasing" well G-mex has gone down to 1 event a year glasgow has gone up to 2 a year LFCC was twice a year and want down to 1 a year 4 years ago MK has been and still is 2 times a year yes we are running Midalands which is new so as to lots of new big events we are talking 1 new town and if people want it they will sapourt it, and only time will tell

now we are feeling the pinch this year, but the events we run seem to be working well and we plan some amazing events next year, in fact one thing that has been taking up a lot of our time is working on the events we plan for 2009

i can also say some of the events we run this year are going to change next year and will take what we do to the next level , we have had some amazing plans for 2009

we said this about LFCC and only in the last two years have people seen what we meant

so Chris we see were you car coming from but i do not think its like what you say the future is looking very good indeed

i hope we get you some more of the guest you hope for at c14

take care

jason

Thanks for the reply Jason.

You are of course correct, the last LFaCC had probably the best line up for an event in the UK, was superbly done and monumental. In some ways though, it's highlighted the difference in quality with the other events.

I did mention that guest cancellations is out of your control. Yes, I realise it's because you are targetting 'current' talent, which makes it harder if they are popular or on a current TV series. I also realise that events in Hollywood have made things hard to predict and plan for. It's just an observation about a trend in events in general, it's not just yourselves that have been unlucky recently. The reason I mention this trend, is because I suspevct it means that you are having to leave guest announcements until a lot later than you used to (to avoid disappointing fans), but this has the knock on effect of meaning some fans cannot get time off/flights/hotels at the shorter notice.

I admit that I don't go to Glasgow, but I'm very surprised that LFaCC attendances were up on last year, given the mad (but fantastic) Heroes rush of 2007! I'm glad that attendances DID go up, you deserved it for the guest list that you got for the event, but numbers of people at the Milton Keynes event seem to have gone down (which I realise is harder to measure, given as you don't sell tickets for it.)

Personnal preference aside (and I'm a big fan of BSG, Chuck, Whedonverse), I don't think any of the 'headline' guests are first time signers for this event. Several of the 'big' names have been to events in the UK in the last 6 months. (although I do recommend meeting Adam and Jamie if you haven't, they ARE great, attendee friendly, guests.) I know that the guest list is still open to change, but with only 3 weeks to go, it's hard for people to get time off work or arrange travel if you DO manage to get a big first time signer.

The number of events is WAY up, because you are running Massive events alongside your normal line up (not to mention Sportsmania). You have 6 events within 9 weeks, many of which are targetting the same core audience.

All said, I'm still looking forward to some of the remaining events this year (especially Eclipse 2, as the first one was such a fantastic event) and I'm excited to see what plans you have for 2009, I just hope you guys don't over stretch yourselves and lose out due to over-saturisation of the event scene.

Best of luck mate!

Chris

• Moderators

If its the event Im thinking off then pretty sure its not anyone from there, as A] they don't have the time to post random things on other forums B] pretty sure there not the type of people that would want too, or feel the need too...

:hathor:

LLAP :(

To be fair I don't think any organiser is stupid enough to come across as the type of person to sign up under an alias on another organiser's forum and cause trouble. They're all mostly nice to their own fans as much as they can be, as if they don't they won't sell much! But trust me, there have been a few organisers on here under different names. Ones that have the support of many people who think the sun shines out of their @sses. I'm sure they'd be disappointed in them.

You know it annoys me also when people come on here moaning about the money side of things. I have always been happy with spending out the money. I think Showmasters is fantastic for what they do. My husband and I love coming to conventions and have done since CM2 I think! It is a fantastic day out and meeting all the stars is such fun, especially with CMMK coming up in the next couple of weeks and I cannot wait.

On the dyslexia side of things my husband has dyslexia and he is one of the most intelligent people I know. He just has trouble with getting the letters in the right place! Whomever this imbecile is that posted earlier is a total moron.

Showmasters do not feel you have to even justify yourselves, you do a fantastic job and we love you.

Laura

xxxxxx

On the dyslexia side of things my husband has dyslexia and he is one of the most intelligent people I know. He just has trouble with getting the letters in the right place!

I seem to have trouble getting words in the right place! My fingers just get ahead of themselves! Is that another symptom? I've never been tested.

but I'm very surprised that LFaCC attendances were up on last year, given the mad (but fantastic) Heroes rush of 2007! I'm glad that attendances DID go up, you deserved it for the guest list that you got for the event

It seemed quieter to me, no queue at 10am Sat for me to get in, and I was done in a few hours, but perhaps we were all just spread out a lot more than last year.

It seemed quieter to me, no queue at 10am Sat for me to get in, and I was done in a few hours, but perhaps we were all just spread out a lot more than last year.

That's what I think, the crowd was just more spread out this year. Last year most people were crammed into the corner of the Heroes people.

Jason

I for one appreciate all the hard work that you and your team put in to running Collectormania, LFCC and all the other events.

I think that some people who post here don't really know the costs involved in running one of the events. For example to hire a non UK resident actor for your event, by the time you pay their fee, first class air fare, transport costs, hotel bill and the daily allowance that they have, which you off set against the number of autographs that they sell over the weekend. Then their manager takes their, cut and the costs of publicity for the event, printing, hire of equipment etc etc I am sure that there is not too much money left which you have to put into funding the next event.

Unlike today's football clubs you don't have a Russian oil millionaire or a mega rich Arab Sheikh to financially back you.

Now there's an idea........ :P