constructive criticism we are fine with this is one of the things the

showmasters

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use to be on the same side of the argument as you mate, the glasgow show was very slow at taking off this year but it did take off and it was fantastic!

and from what i understand he phones the agents, look at his post he has to stay up half the night to talk to people half way around the world just to make ungrateful idiots like you and i'll admit myself as-well happy for a weekend

Yesindeed- You and I clashed at first, but you were never this bad at all- this is just totally disgusting... and a 1st post? For a first post its a bit adventurous... perhaps another member with a diff name?

And yes, totally ungrateful. Its like I said in my other post (which this guy CLEARLY hasn't read, which has gota be more annoying than bad spelling) one bad thing totally oputweighs all the good thigs- like the hundreds of guests who have come to the shows and who people like this guy are more than happy to meet. But one negative and they turn rabid and go for blood!

I won't say what else I think of that post, as I have no wish to lower myself to your level .

Best thing for this I guess. Its just so annoying that people like this are willing to come to the shows that Jason and co don't HAVE to do, and yet all they do is bite and complain and not give any positive comments like... hum I dunno... "Thank you for all your work"? Guaranteed 99% of the complainers will never give +ve comments after going to a show. But will jump at the chance to have a go. I just don't understand how people can be like that! I'm totally grateful to Jason & Co for all they do! I could never attack like this!

*edit*- agreed, m'dear IS a good word!! And Crippsy, I know you were making a point, but it was hard to read your caps :lol: hehe. And glad someone else pick up that its prob a diff member!

Seriously, if I went over that post with a fine grammar/spelling toothcomb I could pick out a few bits! But I won't. Its a forum- as long as its readable it shouldn't matter! Why should Jason spellcheck an informal post? I certainly know that I don't write like this in an official letter of sorts, so I'm pretty sure Jason won't! And as Yesindeed said- he's usually on the phone.

(While grammar is being picked on- I wish people would learn how to use an apostrophe... total pet hate lol!)

Edited by Lizzy

YesIndeed : I also notice that you've changed alot since you joined, I do think it takes alot to admit that you were wrong in your judgement of Showmasters events. So big respect to you on that one !

Lizzy : Like you I'm grateful for what is done for all of us to get the chance to meet our favourite actors etc , I can only imagine how difficult it must be to liase with agents/ arrange flights / transport /hotels, and god knows what else.

Jason : I hope you treat those comments with the contempt they deserve . I'm sure you'll let the final guest line-up do your talking for you . So long as Michael Rosenbaum does'nt cancel again, I'll be happy !!

YesIndeed : I also notice that you've changed alot since you joined, I do think it takes alot to admit that you were wrong in your judgement of Showmasters events. So big respect to you on that one !

Agreed :lol:

yeah i forgot to say, this guy has destroyed what should be a momentous day for SM

those are three great guests

sadly i can't come, i got two guest i really want to meet

you put another one there and I'm breaking my leg just so i can get a weekend of work!

and also i hope this doesn't put anyone off, jason can't spell but he tries his damn hardest and puts his heart into this business and knows how to run a show

i love the use of "m'dear", more people should say that generally...i think...world would be a nicer place if we bring back "m'dear"

i always use that!! people laugh at me for it but i use it all the time haha.

i didn't really wanna get myself all involved with this because i hardly ever post on here but i am generally on these boards alot and I agree with what all have you have replied in response to that completely out of order post. i've only started coming to these events since i moved from ireland to liverpool for uni and so far i have loved each one and have not one complaint and have only happy memories from all the events! in fact i'd love to help with the running of the events and get involved somehow. but anyways, jason keep up the good work :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

well i think i will leave this up as

as i have nothing to be ashamed of, i cannot spell well thats it, nothing more. :dance:

but i want to share something with some of you

i baned his guys other night under the name of "Bufster"

bufster Aug 31 2008, 11:39 PM

IP: 90.218.234.111 | Post #20|

Group: Banned

Member No.: 1016

he has had 6 posts removed over the years and has only posted 31 posts sins 2003 :lol:

this is what we call a sleeper, its sad but this person is not a fan or someone that cares about if people are treated fair or well, its someone with an agenda to disrupt and upset people on this forum

i wanted to shear this with some of you for one reason, so when we have someone tries to do this again you may see it for what it is and stop it before they manage to upset lots of people.

we do mess up from time to time and when we do people like this come out and lay into us big time

here are some of his last posts all seems fair and nice but with one thing in mind to put doubt in peoples minds about us well now people can work it out for them selfs what this person is trying to do

"Agree with KiKi, Have been to all the collectormanias in Milton Keynes and up until this event have thought it was well organised and promoted. Now I just feel they are trying to make as much money as possible and expand, while at the same time seriously lacking in what they are providing us. It's not a charity and we spend a serious amount on these events, the least they can do is give us some guests and dates to work with and help plan, it's 4weeks away and only a third of the guests have been announced and they have cancelled the Thur, I feel very sorry for all the people who have paid for a hotel on the wed night. I undertand that they are working with schedules etc but come on this is the worst I have seen it organised yet."

ANOTHER

"Isn't using CAPS considered shouting in forums, aka abusive? For showmasters to be shouting at a single user on their forums in a dedicated thread is simply unacceptable, especially as all this is over their messing their customers about with both cancelling days and lack of communication. As previously said I think that Showmasters should think about the image they are sending out. I love these events and have been to every one from the start but can’t say I’m too bothered about this event from how it has been handled.

Btw not trying to annoy anyone just voicing my thoughts (what these forums are designed for)"

well this is the same person only the other day came over as a caring fan that only want to help others

how they change when they are caught out

this guy used to come on here along time ago as buffdady he is a sleeper this is not the first nore the last

i know i did say i would not point out an individual on here for speaking out, but i think that we can all see this person is not a real fan coming on here just someone whating for the right time to try to make life more dificalt

sorry to have to go on about this normerly i would just delate and ban them but this time i wanted to shere something we see from time to time that outers do not see

we are happy to listed to complants and if people are unhappy as we have said but this helps no one

thanks for reading all this and i hope this helps to stop this a bit

and don't let them get you down :D

take care

jason :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

hi mate

no you are reel i meet you

the funny thing you get is the odd one that gets banned, and then they join up with like 6 names within 2 minits using diferent IPs and think we do not know what they are going to be

we had a guy on here called Admral Bear he made up over 200 names but used the same IPs funny

see you soon

and we are getting along with the guests now lots more to come

jason :lol:

hi mate

no you are reel i meet you

the funny thing you get is the odd one that gets banned, and then they join up with like 6 names within 2 minits using diferent IPs and think we do not know what they are going to be

we had a guy on here called Admral Bear he made up over 200 names but used the same IPs funny

see you soon

and we are getting along with the guests now lots more to come

jason :lol:

Jason, just keep doing what you're doing mate - theres a lot of happy punters out here!!

Edited by keithporter23

Unfortunately this does happen, we have seen over the years rival organisers sign up to try and cause trouble and it just shows how small minded and petty they really are. Their behaviour does eventually get reflected in the shows they run simply because the guests stop signing up with them, however it doesn't help people on the forum who don't know who they are and what is going on.

Also some people need a serious attitude adjustment, they think it's a right to attend these things and that it's their right to demand the guests they want. They don't seem to want to understand that if they don't like the show/guests don't come. Go and organise their own event and try and get the people they want. It's a bit like they think they could buy a ticket for a Bon Jovi concert and then inform the organisers that they don't like Bon Jovi and they should get Cher to play instead!

I also find all these comments I keep seeing about people loosing money on hotel rooms because of the cancellation of thursday a bit odd. If you have booked into a proper hotel (as opposed to a B&:YAHOO:, you should be able to cancell the room with no charge. OK, people travelling from overseas might loose out if they booked flights to be there for the thursday but one of the golden rules of conventioning is that things can and do change and don't book if you can't handle that!

As usual, I have come into this totally late and so know nothing about what is going on. If I had to guess it would be about a certain guest only being available on Thursday, you adjusting the schedule to match because it was a BIG STAR, then that person having to pull out from this event and move to another.

My say on the subject....

1) If it means we ge to meet a big star, then the day that they are able to attend DOES NOT worry me in the slightest. I know from much convention experience that an actor's schedule can change from day-to-day. When they can appear...is when they can appear!

2) We have been to many SM events (mainly CMs and one LFCC) and we have always left feeling regret that we just did not have the time and funds to get all the autographs we wanted. We, because of our often limited resources, sometimes have to plan our visits a bit like a millitary campaign! Like last time, we had funds for Bruce Boxleitner, Kai Owen, Eve Myles (who was totally gorgeous!) and John Barrowman. and with an early arrival, a bit of fore-thought, much running about and a fair share of luck we got everyone we aimed for. This does not mean that they were the only ones we wanted!!!

To be honest, When I first saw the CM web page, I thought that it was a hoax, and that you just could not get that many well known faces inone place at one time.

Because of SM and the CM shows I HAVE MET LEGITIMATE LEGENDS, Batman, Superman, Captain Kirk, James Bond, Freddy Kreuger, Princess Leia and the list just keeps getting longer!

Pleas keep it up and we will see you all at CM14!

:YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO:

Errrrmmmmmmmm... Can you spell Jason (that’s a rhetorical question btw)?

Cannot even imagine how you go about organising a convention of this size with such appalling spelling and grammar! Imagine how it must look to the agents when they receive an invitation from a complete Muppet such as you.

Well you can delete as many threads as you like and block users, but all the facts still remain. You are meant to be a professional business yet you are taking people reacting to your f u c k ups very personally and still acting like you are doing people a favour by announcing a guest etc. GROW UP! YOU ARE MAKING AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE YOU ARE PISSING AROUND, SO BLOODY REMOVE YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR BACKSIDE AND TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO MAKE A MISTAKE, AT LEAST LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR SAY WITHOUT GOING ALL WANNABE HULK AND TRYING TO THROW YOUR WEIGHT AROUND ON HERE.

Jesus Christ even an eleven yr old knows how to use a spell check if they can’t spell. Do yourself a favour and click the link, would be a very wise investment for someone in your situation.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word/FX1...spx?ofcresset=1

What kind of person makes a personal attack on someone like that? Jason admitted in another thread that he was dyslexic. I know from experience what that means to someone.

Isnt this forum for discussing the event and not attacking the organisation.

in the end if you dont like the way its run then dont attend.

Also, I believe spell checkers only come with text/writing software, and a lot of people may not have such software.

Actually there's a free one if you use Firefox as your internet browser. (Although it's far from perfect, since it's currently questioning "internet" :YAHOO: )

The internet can be such a wonderful place but there are some very narrow minded, cynical people in this world who think they are clever and big by being abusive and criticising everything; and use the anonymity of the internet to do it. That, unfortunately, is the nature of public forums. People like to pick holes in other people to cover up their own failings.

But anyone who has been to a Showmasters event knows how hard everyone involved works and how well run they are. Jason doesn't get the calibre of guests he does by being lazy. You don't run this kind of business for over 5 years by being sloppy. Jason get things wrong and they've openly admitted that they do but everyone does from time to time, nobody is perfect. You learn and move on, not beat yourself up over it (or beat others up over theirs)

Anyway, I better get to work :YAHOO:

Errrrmmmmmmmm... Can you spell Jason (that’s a rhetorical question btw)?

Cannot even imagine how you go about organising a convention of this size with such appalling spelling and grammar! Imagine how it must look to the agents when they receive an invitation from a complete Muppet such as you.

Well you can delete as many threads as you like and block users, but all the facts still remain. You are meant to be a professional business yet you are taking people reacting to your f u c k ups very personally and still acting like you are doing people a favour by announcing a guest etc. GROW UP! YOU ARE MAKING AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE YOU ARE PISSING AROUND, SO BLOODY REMOVE YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR BACKSIDE AND TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH SOME RESPECT AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO MAKE A MISTAKE, AT LEAST LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR SAY WITHOUT GOING ALL WANNABE HULK AND TRYING TO THROW YOUR WEIGHT AROUND ON HERE.

Jesus Christ even an eleven yr old knows how to use a spell check if they can’t spell. Do yourself a favour and click the link, would be a very wise investment for someone in your situation.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word/FX1...spx?ofcresset=1

jason sufers from dislexia most of us know this and he states in his message that too tall normaly does this sort of thing , and for your information spell check will not tell you if a word is spelt right but in the wrong context and plus if your dislexic you dont know the word is spelt wrong anyway... let alone if its out of context as far as thing go as running a buisness that is what the phone is for life must really suck to be you if you think that in this day and age somithing that is classed asa learning disability is enout=gth to stop somone having a sucseful buisness, i belive uts you that should grow up

oh and what is capital letters going to get you ? you'll find that most people on forums will ignore capital letter...

oh and for your info your spelling is good but your grammer is rubbish.

and im dislexic as well and even i can see that.

jason is doing his job and as far as i can se he has adressed the ptoblem that need adress ing and has contacted thoughs who have been sivalised enough not to bite his head off.

maybe you should remove your own head from up your bottom and realise that not everyone lives up to your super high standards of perfect...or the wrld would be a very boring place inded.

x pez

( erm yeah typed this before i even noticed all of page 2 lol erm sorry ....but it all stands)

Edited by pez

Silly Pez :blush: (Though I've done that before :D )

Jason admitted in another thread that he was dyslexic.

The worst part is Enty- it was in THIS thread!

Actually there's a free one if you use Firefox as your internet browser. (Although it's far from perfect, since it's currently questioning "internet" :P )

I have the same one (I guess) And its not picking up "internet" for me! But the one on word does, because its actually supposed to be spelt with a capital I apparently- so "Internet".

And thanks for letting us know Jason- as Crippsy and I said, it was just way to out there for a 1st post!! Anyone also notice that this guy is throwing up a fuss the week before another organiser's show they have like the worst line up ever? Just an observation! Shifting the attention/blame?

Edited by Lizzy

Bufster piece of advice mate, this is a family forum so less of the cursing please, and if you don't like the fact that people when hacked off do make spelling mistakes (i probably have) then bugger off to another event, i assure you there aren't many that put on a show to the standard that showmasters do, and to attack some one in such a personal mammer on here is disgraceful, i hope for the rest of us you are barred from the forums for this, and before you say anything i've been to a fair few events run by other companys one of which tried legal action because the people who went dared to complain, yet to see that from jason and co, so take my advice sod off and sulk in acorner if you don't like it because you ceratinly are NOT welcome here. In one word you are a muppet get back to jim hensons workshop mate i hear their missing a grumpy old fool. :D:chair::jason::(:pyth::band::WINCE:

Gemma

sorry folks it's just plain rude that somebody thinks they can put up a post like that and get away with it. rant over. lol

Hehe sorry folks i did the same as Pez, the numpty got me so worked up i just fired off that reply, anybody note a lack of response now we're all having our say. Hmmm not quite the hard man he thinks he is.

Some constructive criticism.

I've been to a LOT of Showmasters events. Have had a good time at most of them and a fantastic time at others.... but I have to say that the attendees to this event (and the remaining events this year), is somewhat disappointing. Yes, there are some nice guests going. Jamie Bamber and Adam Baldwin are both fantastic guests, really nice guys from shows that I love...

BUT, they have been to UK events recently. In fact, most of the 'bigger' guests are repeat guests and I don't think that's a good thing for the future of events.

I can see how the nature of events and conventions has changed in the last 18 months to 2 years. Overall attendances seem to be down, the number of guest cancellations is way up (and yes, I realise this is due to factors far beyond the control of organisers) and yet the number of events is increasing. I seriously think that the event market is becoming over saturated and the quality of the events is suffering as a result.