GUEST CHANGES

Unfortunately there have been a couple of last minute changes to the guest days:

Gareth Thomas - Sunday only

William Hope - Sunday only

Doug Bradley - Sunday only

Peter Davison - Saturday only

Doh! We decided to come Sunday only at the last minute! Hope we can cathc Peter Davidson some other time.

Edited by kimmi

why such short notice though?!?!?!?!?!?:D

Have everything booked for coming on Sunday.:(

Davison is about the only guest i gave a hoot about.

Just about as bad as last year where the guest i wanted most didn't do Sunday either. No notice whatsoever in that instance.:D

Guest Lists always are subject to change, due to stars work commitments, etc - fair dues! But the guest list was better overall last year, and I think they all came both days.

So much for bigger and better as promised, can only hope the Xmas show will be stronger. The line up is good but not that big a line up, now some only on certain days last minute, and few cancelled (esp. Stargate).

If guests have a film , TV show or serious project they will always cancel a convention, it's their living after all and you have to respect that. But Shows should have a Plan B - back up plan for such occurences, what if Marina or Buffy dude cancelled would they have got last minute replacements, I seriously doubt itthey did not replace Stargate guy.

If guests have a film , TV show or serious project they will always cancel a convention, it's their living after all and you have to respect that. But Shows should have a Plan B - back up plan for such occurences, what if Marina or Buffy dude cancelled would they have got last minute replacements, I seriously doubt itthey did not replace Stargate guy.

So, after a long day on set that hasn't gone to plan and so Saturday shooting is necessary, then the actor phones up his agent late on Friday afternoon to say he can'tmake the event. Agent then phones SM, and then? Apparently SM are supposed to have a list of actors who aren't busy that weekend who are amenable to being rung up on Friday evening and asked if they can turn up in Glasgow on Saturday morning.

Yes, I bet they must be spoiled for choice on that front. :D

(And even if the cancellation occurred on say Thursday, the number of suitable gusts who are free at a weekend and happy to head off to Glasgow on 48 hours or less notice is probably minimal. And that's not meant to be a dig at the fine folk of Glasgow or their city - just a reflection of the fact that the number of people who are likely to be free on a weekend at a day or two's notice and happy to travel somewhere perhaps a number of hours from home on only a day or two's notice is likely to be very small).

Haza i use to agree with you on some things but know your really starting to bug me

i spoke to jason today and he was avery nice guy and it was obvious how hard he and the rest of the team worked on the event

okay the guest line up wasn't as appealing to last year but if you actually paid the £15 train ticket you would have been very surprised, Nick Brendon was fantastic and was always mobbed, Ernie Hudson was absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to meet and thats just the two bigger names that were there, in my oppinion the best moment of the event was Shane Rangie, he is not a big guest and not many people know him to see him but his Q&A was sensational you ask anyone if the heard his HAKA and he was very talkative to the people who came and spoke to him

as for the guest replacement i thought that it was a bit late to try and get some one but the guys did say that people can sign up like the night before, i'm sure they tried to get replacements but like someone said 48 hours notice, in stead we have an auction tomorrow which is a first for showmaster and i was thinking they may have been saving that for the MK show

in all if you came and stopped sitting moaning you would have had seen the effort put in and would maybe respect what these guys do for a living instead of criticizing every tiny thing they do!

So much for bigger and better as promised, can only hope the Xmas show will be stronger.

You have no idea. The event was fantastic. It was a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I was there for the day and met every guest including the big names like Peter Davidson, Nick Brendon and Ernie Hudson on a one to one basis while they were sitting on their own. Every guest was very friendly and didn't mind chatting. Some even mignled with the fans in and around the arena and even then they would say hi and chat. That made the Glasgow event very special as not many get that chance at other venues. So instead of sitting at home moaning all the time, try actually going along and experience the event before shooting it down.

In my opinion Glasgow was a great advert for this event.

I didn't & don't plan to either.

Why do you even bother coming here and expressing your negative opinion if you have no intention of even going?

Edited by Barni

Look okay I'll meet you if you will be at the Glasgow event? (and if you're not going why you keep posting here nobody knows?).

I didn't & don't plan to either.

Now THAT is what I call a hypocrite!!

Follow your own advice and stop posting!! At least I was originally planning on going!

• Moderators

OK this has gone too far with the personal insults etc. Discussing attendance and views on the show is fine, but please can we stop with the name calling etc whoever is posting.

Haza, based on your previous posts, I have to say you're treading a fine line so I'd suggest calming it down a bit please.

Hey scruffy- that why I post here, I hate the fact I couldn't go, so I'd love to hear how it all went, and deffo see photos!

And Haza, first I shall ask you to explain your comment? Not sure what you mean :D

And second I'll tell you to read my sig. And then back off.

haza dont you attack her like that....personal insults like that...are just totally uncalled for and unneccessary. and believe you me she is 100% not in the "martina navritolva" fan club as you put it....i of all people deffo know

Haza, you have been warned before and okay, you decided not to use your last chance.

I'm sorry for this guys - almost everyone is at Glasgow and I am travelling in the US. It's the first time today I have had the chance to go online. Haza has temporarily had his posting ability removed now until SM get back and can make a final call.

Personal insults have no place on this board.

Thank you QS- the insults don't bother me... they only would from someone I am actually bothered about lol. But I don't like the way it may seem to other people. Others on here have disagreed with me on this section (Barni, Yesindeed etc) but we're all fine now, and they seem to have had a great time at the show this weekend (which was the whole point of my argument hehe :poki: ) But he just seems disagreeable. I post here cos I love SM shows, and was going to go to Glasgow, but I've just got a new job and couldn't for reasons due to that.

But regardless of that, I'm perfectly allowed to post in here, and my views are perfectly valid, so I don't like being attacked like that.

Ok, my last say on the matter lol- he can't reply, so that was more for others reading this lol.

And I'll just say I'm sooo jealous cos it looked like an amazing show, and I wanted to see Nick again!! Seriously, jealous- my weekend was work and helping my brother move house :D

Others on here have disagreed with me on this section (Barni, Yesindeed etc) but we're all fine now, and they seem to have had a great time at the show this weekend (which was the whole point of my argument hehe :YAHOO: )

yesindeed is a lovely guy as is his girlfriend. I met them both at Glasgow. Text can often be taken the wrong way because there is no tone to convey. Can't wait till the xmas event. Sylverster MCoy has been announced as one of the guests along with the Brigadier.

Edited by Barni

• Moderators

I certainly hope to make the next Glasgow, as I was planning on this one but less fun things stole my money unfortunately.

It'll be nice to catch up with some people, as others have found out from talking to Jason etc, it's far better to discuss in person.

thanks for the kind words barni, enjoyed meeting you too mate and hope to help out with the project if i can

i know i was along the same lines as Haza at the start of all this but know i've saw what the guys do i will never say a bad word about how they run it

had a good talk with jason and hopefully i can help out getting some posters and stuff up in the center for the december show

and i would like to say that two of the replacement guest were the most lively and talkative Paul and Rusty, the little man especially was insane and the best guest had to be Shane, who not alot of people know but me and my fiance would travel within reason to meet him again and bring him some IRN-BRU. basically what i'm saying is i had more fun with the littler guest than with Nick, Ernie and Peter

hi this was my 1st collectormania at brahead ( and 1st convention of this type ever) and can i say it was great. not sure what i expected but i had a great time, just wanted to post that while i was gutted that paul mcgillion cancelled at the last minute i would just like to agree with what other people have said, the actors themselves are working and i dont think its fair that people should slate showmasters for situations that are out of their control. While it sucks that you cant get to meet the guest of your choice its not anyones fault. Go and enjoy the day after all lots of people put alot of time and energy in putting these things together and making sure the fans are kept happy. I for one will definitley go back even if my guest of choice isnt there, you might like the other people that you meet. and ernie hudson is fab such a nice guy and had loads of time for everyone even my 9yr old daughter who got starstruck seeing the guy from ghostbusters. yea it was so much fun. NIC Brendon is so hot.

Tommy T,

A Back Up plan might consist of something along the lines of get more guests and bigger names, then if some cancel you still have enough left. Make sense, hope so?

No, because if none of them, or relatively few of them cancel, then you end up with a show with more guests than they can financially support. Big loss ensues, and then show, or possibly the whole organisation comes under threat. Bigger and better should help the show grow, but you cannot expect a show's audience to grow immediately and elastically to meet the financial requirements of the show if it suddenly expands. Your plan risks the show making a big loss.

What if Nick Brendon, Marina Sirtis, Peter Davidson, etc had all cancelled last minute??? The Back Up plan is what, oh yeh that's right as you said there isn't one! Out of the bigger names Stargate one cancelled but it could have been more, no replacement for him & there would have been none if any of the others had cancelled.

If you must post at least think about what you write before you do so, you are basically saying they have no back up plan & don't need one, nor would one work anyway - if only Richard Branson & Donald Trump adopted that business ideology, just think how much more successful they would have been? Again - Marina, Stargate P.M., Peter Davidson, Nick Brendon hypothetically all cancelled last minute, no back up plan or bigger guest list would have meant many turning up to meet those particular guests and them not being there.

If you must post at least think about what you write before you do so; facts and diplomacy go over far better than emotion and ad hominem attacks.

I will apologise for misinterpreting your Plan B. I thought when you referred to a Plan B that could go into effect if there were last minute cancellations, you meant something that only happened at that point. Actually you were suggesting booking even more guests in advance - presumably if there weren't "enough" cancellations amongst the guests, you would expect SM to either choke down a big loss, or cancel a few themselves. Yes, I can just imagine SM announcing a couple of cancellations because "we booked too many guests, or at least not enough of them cancelled of their own volition."

Yeah, that'd go down a treat.

I'm sure SM do "overbook" to a certain degree, you just want them to do it to a far greater degree. Before you start handing out lectures about Branson and Trump, how about considering the success of SM in their field? They're not exactly tyros (or failures); you'll excuse me if I believe that your experience in organising shows of this sort doesn't quite rival theirs. I would assume that their numerous years of organising shows, balancing budgets, and understanding likely cancellation rates possibly out-trump yours. Doesn't make them infallible, does make them rather more experienced than thee or me at it.

there were few guest changes and the ones that did we were not that big a loss, the show it's self was fantastic all the guests were talkative and really didn't mind having a good old chat to enyone and everyone. as has been said shane was amazing as was paul and rusty they were worth the entrance fee alone.

yesinded is a top guy and lizzy you will really like him when you meet him, hopfully his finances will reach to him getting down to one of the other shows cause he will be a welcome addition to the usuall rifraf that attend lol .

and davidb you better be at the one in december, no excuses....

hi this was my 1st collectormania at brahead ( and 1st convention of this type ever) and can i say it was great. not sure what i expected but i had a great time, just wanted to post that while i was gutted that paul mcgillion cancelled at the last minute i would just like to agree with what other people have said, the actors themselves are working and i dont think its fair that people should slate showmasters for situations that are out of their control. While it sucks that you cant get to meet the guest of your choice its not anyones fault. Go and enjoy the day after all lots of people put alot of time and energy in putting these things together and making sure the fans are kept happy. I for one will definitley go back even if my guest of choice isnt there, you might like the other people that you meet. and ernie hudson is fab such a nice guy and had loads of time for everyone even my 9yr old daughter who got starstruck seeing the guy from ghostbusters. yea it was so much fun. NIC Brendon is so hot.

I am so glad that you had a good time on your 1st collectormania. I enjoyed this one as I thought the smaller venue made it somehow more intimate. I could only stay for Saturday morning but I got what I came for - Nick's auto (again!) and the added bonus of meeting Rusty Goffe he was very funny and such a friendly guy.

Plus your comment on Nick :poki::P:wub::D