just to warn you we are putting big name guest into this show

showmasters

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the original title for this thread, was Richard Dreyfuss the big name guest or is there/will there be someone else?

I hope not, as this thread was started AFTER he was announced! :D

And moreover i expect more than ONE big name being announced as there wasn't such a thread for LFCC although they brought Lloyd, Hurt and Postlesthwaite for instance... ONE guest like Richard Dreyfuss, as good as he can be, wouldn't make an event 'amazing' all by himself imo.

And Richard Dreyfuss has only been announced here because he cancelled Collectormania...

Showmasters wasn't thinking of him when they started this thread imo and surely had at least 2-3 other names in mind...

Who guests are mostly interesting British people, but for most of the international attendees they absolutely have no interest so i really really hope to see those real famous names being announced soon as i'm starting to worry a little bit about this one!!!

So far, it's very very poor.

I think the reason why we get so many Dr Who guests is cos they are easier to get and the fanbase is pretty big. Like the Star Wars regulars that do cons here, they seem to be the default guests that con organisers can always rely on to "make up the (guest) numbers".

I'm glad to see Paul McGann back here though...but only cos I love Alien 3.

I'm just a bit deflated after all the hype from the 'big name guests' for this event, surely they would go all-out to try and improve on last year, which was pretty damn impressive and a very good event:

Bruce Campbell

Robert Englund

Madds Mikelsen (cant remember the spelling)

George Takei

Ernie Hudson

Brent Spiner

Marina Sirtis

and a load more!

I've got my fingers crossed that we will be blown away soon with some more guest announcements, but Showmasters are kinda leaving things a bit late. Plus I've noticed no guest talks or photoshoots announced yet.

With the guests we had at Midlands 1 I really don't think showmasters are going to be able to improve the guests - we had the movie legend Bruce Campbell!!!!

I'm happy to be proven wrong though, but I can't see it happening.

With Brucie we just got lucky and it was down to timing mostly. But that was only the 1st ever Midlands show and I'm sure there'll be many more great guests on his level if people like Burt Reynolds or those at the last LFCC was anything to go by.

Edited by nicky

Whats DAVE when its at home??

Dave is the movie that Frost and Pegg are writing about two geeks travelling through America to see a Sci Fi convention.

These i take it being two geeks who know their current sci fi tv shows AND have heard of movie stars from films dated pre 1999.

Unlike a few on here.

Dave is the movie that Frost and Pegg are writing about two geeks travelling through America to see a Sci Fi convention.

These i take it being two geeks who know their current sci fi tv shows AND have heard of movie stars from films dated pre 1999.

Unlike a few on here.

Do you mean there were movies made before 1999?????? :D

I'm shocked! :chair:

Edited by God L'Eponge

Unlike a few on here.

Do you mean there were movies made before 1999?????? :crying:

Yes - but they were all black and white. And pre-1989 they were silent.

i am the Trigger of this forum (didnt he always call Rodney "Dave" ?)

yes it is "Paul"

which is no doubt another excuse for Pegg to use the David Holmes track "My Mate Paul"

not that theres anything wrong with that

Edited by vintageSW77

The first colletormania midlands was amazing. I met bruce campbell, ernie hudson and warwick davis then, i am coming to the new one in november but some of the guest are not as good this time round such the guy from star trek and friday the 13th.:yoda::wub::(

Well Showmasters have said (or warned us that) they are putting big named guests into the show, so this should mean more guests!

The first colletormania midlands was amazing. I met bruce campbell, ernie hudson and warwick davis then, i am coming to the new one in november but some of the guest are not as good this time round such the guy from star trek and friday the 13th.:yoda::vader::spidy:

Well Showmasters have said (or warned us that) they are putting big named guests into the show, so this should mean more guests!

the 1st one was great, but its silly to 'warn' us that theyre putting big name guests in if theyre not, I'm beginning to kinda hope kane hodder cancels as he is the only one i would go for. Also with the lameness that is sportsmania taking up room that will leave less room for more guests, and maybe no talks either, which is always my fave part (apart from actually meeting the guests). I think we have enough Dr. poo guests now thanks.

The first colletormania midlands was amazing. I met bruce campbell, ernie hudson and warwick davis then, i am coming to the new one in november but some of the guest are not as good this time round such the guy from star trek and friday the 13th.:yoda::vader::spidy:

the 1st one was great, but its silly to 'warn' us that theyre putting big name guests in if theyre not, I'm beginning to kinda hope kane hodder cancels as he is the only one i would go for. Also with the lameness that is sportsmania taking up room that will leave less room for more guests, and maybe no talks either, which is always my fave part (apart from actually meeting the guests). I think we have enough Dr. poo guests now thanks.

I could never have enough Doctor "Bloody Brilliant" Who guests - thank you very much. Keep them coming SM. And please - in future could you not state "we" as if you speak for the whole forum when you really don't. Thanks.

BTW - Is this big name guest gonna be announced anytime soon?? ;) Thank you!

Sorry Gahab but I don't think this negativity is productive. Sportsmania does nothing for me either, but that doesn't mean I start calling it "lame". I often say "More Indiana Jones guests please!", but those guests might mean nothing to someone who just wants Buffy and Angel guests. Different people like different things - simple.

Sorry Gahab but I don't think this negativity is productive. Sportsmania does nothing for me either, but that doesn't mean I start calling it "lame". I often say "More Indiana Jones guests please!", but those guests might mean nothing to someone who just wants Buffy and Angel guests. Different people like different things - simple.

I think if you were to look at the various definitions of the word 'lame' you will find it is appropiately used.

Also I am scottish so you can see why the english '66 world cup "winning" team have no appeal to me. I think since "we" are the ones who attend these shows "we" should be allowed to express our opinions.

And just another point, a 'big name' guest is only a big name guest to someone who wants to meet them. sarah michelle gellar would be considered a big name guest...if you are a buffy fan.

I think if you were to look at the various definitions of the word 'lame' you will find it is appropiately used.

Also I am scottish so you can see why the english '66 world cup "winning" team have no appeal to me. I think since "we" are the ones who attend these shows "we" should be allowed to express our opinions.

I'm not bothered whether you're Scottish, French, or Martian - I'm not saying you have to like "Sportsmania" - I don't either. I'm just saying that denigrating events and guests just because they don't interest you is pointless negativity.

And just another point, a 'big name' guest is only a big name guest to someone who wants to meet them. sarah michelle gellar would be considered a big name guest...if you are a buffy fan.

I've never seen even one episode of Buffy but I do recognise her as being a big name.

I've never seen even one episode of Buffy but I do recognise her as being a big name.

the point i am making is that it doesnt matter if you get A list guests as there will be people who would rather meet someone who was in one episode of their favourite show instead. People will be dissapointed when they are told they are getting big name guests and arent the ones they want. for me kane hodder is a huge guest as for most horror fans but i'm pretty sure a lot of people here dont feel the same.

the people who actually pay for these shows should be allowed to express their opinions without being shot down by the pc brigade all the time. personally i am dissappointed at the amount of money i face forking out for one guest and if i expressed my point in a way that offended those a bit sensitive then i would apologise.

but my point still stands.

Edited by gahab13

the point i am making is that it doesnt matter if you get A list guests as there will be people who would rather meet someone who was in one episode of their favourite show instead. People will be dissapointed when they are told they are getting big name guests and arent the ones they want. for me kane hodder is a huge guest as for most horror fans but i'm pretty sure a lot of people here dont feel the same.

the people who actually pay for these shows should be allowed to express their opinions without being shot down by the pc brigade all the time. personally i am dissappointed at the amount of money i face forking out for one guest and if i expressed my point in a way that offended those a bit sensitive then i would apologise.

but my point still stands.

Calm down mate, theres still a month left until the event! We have no idea who will be announced before then...restart this argument when theres a week left and it will make much more sense!