How did the record attempt go ?

Krypto

I don't know the exact figure that we had show up but I was one of the guys dressed as a jedi and when we finished posing for 15 minutes for photos we were each given a certificate to put our names on. Someone told me during the day that there hasn't been a record set for this, which would have meant that we broke the record with out trying, It'll be nice when the book comes out to say "look thats me!" and "theres my name!"

I look forward to hearing more about it from Jason.

was it a record for the LEAST amount of people in star wars costumes?

i hardly saw more than a dozen or so, not enough to break any record. :rolleyes:

Well there was a big enough crowd of us at the attempt, I saw loads of people dressed up during the day, however I was probably looking out for them as I was in costume too.

i was in the record attempt. I think we were at least 300?

I spoke to Jason just after the pictures were taken and he told me that we broke the record anyway because it was kind of the first official attempt!

So it's surely true that in the past it happened there were more people costumed with Star War's stuff in one place, but they were not recorded!

You have to get the guys from 'Guiness book of record' for validation i guess...

So YES, we did it! :rolleyes:

I WAS IN A TALK AND HEARD NOTHING

AS ITS HARD TO WEAR A WATCH OR CARRY A MOBILE IN COSTUME

(MOST DON'T HAVE POCKETS LOL)

DID GO DWN THERE AT THE APPOINTED TIME AND SO

NO ORGANISED ATTEMPT AND NO DIRECTION.

ASK SOMEONE AND WAS TOLD I HAD MISSED THE ATTEMPT THIS WAS A 3.10

I EXPECTED TO SEE HUNDREDS IN COSTUMES EVERYWHERE

WHERE WERE THEY

WE ALL WROTE OUR NAMES DWN TO REGERESTER FOR THE EVENT NO SIGN OF CERT.OR NUMBERS

SO WHAT HAPPENED WAS JUST BEING THERE AT LFCC IN STARWARS COSTUME ENOUGH TO COUNT TO BREAKING THE RECORD NO ONE SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENED

MY STARWARS NAME IS DARTH LASSAROO

IT WAS REGESTERED

WHERE MY CERT AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

SINCE THERE WAS NO RECORD TO BE BROKEN WE MUST HAVE THE RECORD

HAVE WE A ROLL CALL OF THE STARWARS RECORD BREAKERS

at 3pm you had to go to the cosplay area, where you would have found a couple of hundred of us at least posing for for 10 minutes in Earls court 1 whilst the Guinness people took photos of us from the balcony, afterwards, we each handed a piece of card, that was our certificates that we had to fill in ourselves. I'm afraid that if you missed the photos then you won't be getting a certificate, however because you're name is on the list as attending you will get your name in the book when it's released.

when i registered, there was only about 45 people on the list. overall i would be surprised if we had more than 120 people, which i must say was really disappointing!!!! i thought heaps more people would have joined us, but nevermind it was fun. lets hope no one tries to break our record before the book goes into print, otherwise we have no hope at all!!!!!

they did make an announcement around 2.45pm to make your way to the area, so for those who missed it, it was a shame, there were more people taking photos of us then there were dressed up!!

anyway, see how it goes. fingers crossed!!

I would like to see a photo of us all in pose for the attempt, there were at least 50 spectators taking pictures so come on someone post one.

Just a couple, they're not fantastic as my sister was trying to get pictures of me with my daughter, I wasn't in costume, but my daughter was the cutest princess Leia ever! and I'm Obviously not biased.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic_ainsworth/2689926631/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic_ainsworth/2689924857/