is micky and martha in torchwood?

chrono

Despite someone's obvious dislike of Noel Clarke, it does seem that both Mickey and Martha are heading to Cardiff for the forthcoming Torchwood 5 part mini series.

Oh, and although I adore old Who, I must say that a number of previous Doctors hammed it up as they were directed to as I am sure Noel was. I think that your dislike for NC is a tad harsh, but I guess that will mean one less Torchwood viewer if he joins then?

Personally I wish martha would just hurry up and dance a tango with a dalek and die!!

This whole season shes been pretty much a waste of space with no real purpose except to get people around her killed..when she was the doctors companion she was fine, but ever since she left him I cant stand her!

Like did she even do anything in the finale except try and blow up the planet and fail misrebly at that too?

I agree. Martha has become a bit rubbish really. And I refuse to believe that she's that senior to have the responsibility of blowing up the whole planet. But the new Rambo Martha will be quite suited to Torchwood. Lots of things to blow up, or fail to blow up ... :vader:

I think that your dislike for NC is a tad harsh, but I guess that will mean one less Torchwood viewer if he joins then?

im not alone believe me

there is massive negative feedback over the possibility of Clarke joining Torchwood

i will give Torchwood a shot but i do beleive that it will struggle without Burn Gorman

as for not watching a show because i dont like a cast member it never stopped me watching when drippy Amber Benson joined Buff or August Richards aka the token black guy joined Angel

I don't mind Mickey but I don't think there's a need for him in Torchwood. As harsh at it sounds, I think they could find someone better for Torchwood. Someone new to join the team of familiar faces.

I agree with you. It doesn't feel right that they should be members of Torchwood.

We are all assuming that the end of Doctor Who's finale meant that Martha and Mickey would be Cardiff bound. It may just be a red herring. You may well be surprised.

I can take or leave the character of Mickey to be honest - but I think Martha would be great in Torchwood - I feel that the character of Martha was really underused in the last series of Dr Who (although I really warmed to Donna in the end)

I'm going to be interested to see how Torchwood managed without Burn Gorman though, as I think his character (and acting) was great.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Martha, and think she could be really good there :YAHOO: . I don't know about Mickey but I will give him a chance as he has been out of Who for a couple of years and could be a completely different person. If the new season of Torchwood is anything like S2 then I will be well happy!! :clap:

I think that the Torchwood line up has sufficient strong characters to survive with the recent two losses. Burn's character was very likeable, but he wasn't Torchwood by himself. Torchwood will survive, and I think the only time it will fail is if Jack dies..but we all know that doesn't happen for a very very very long time.

And Jack's death isn't a spoiler.

The Face Of Boe

Edited by Jonesy

Burn's character was very likeable, but he wasn't Torchwood by himself.

It's funny because he was the only character I didn't like. For some reason he always seemed to rub me up the wrong way.

It seems that is a huge following for the character and the actor. Now, the actor I can understand, but not the character so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a major Law & Order fan and Freema does have the screen prescence for her American Assistant Dictrict Attorney opposite as the lead prosecutor. 13 episodes of Law & Order London have been ordered so far, and the filming schedule could well fit in with Torchwood filming if she signs up for Torchwood. Remember that the UK scheduling and US scheduling for filming etc are polls apart. If you look at filming/screening schedules in the UK you will see that we do not pay anywhere near as much attention to public holidays like the Americans do in that they usually show repeats etc.

Also, it took many years of Law & Order for the ADA to have a reasonably sized part in episodes. It has become more of a part 1 and part 2 to episodes with the investigation leading to the trial. You will see the ADA pop up for time to time in the earlier part of the episode, and the odd episode where they are in it from start ot finish. But these are rarer.

Wikipedia lists that they will be using scripts from early episodes of the early years of Law & Order, and this will mean that the ADA is more of a bit part than a lead part.

So, Freema will more than likely have enough time to film Torchwood and Law & Order if she signs up for both. On the downside, what the hell are Kudos doing casting Bradley Walsh in it? Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...