very important news on this years LFCC

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all :yoda:

First we just want to say thank you to all the fans that have supported us by attending this event over the years, you have given us the confidence to invest in the show and to book the amazing guests that we have this year :firedevil:

Now we still want to grow this show and make it an incredible weekend for the fans and take it to the next level, we are on the edge of this, we are now getting some of the film companies and directors wanting to come to LFCC but this is the start of bigger things to come

Now this is were we need your help to make this years event a success, we have got together an amazing guest line up and we have risked a lot this time to take the show to the next level guest wise.

But we need you the fans to help spread the word, as it will take a lot of fans to attend this years show to make it work. we do need your help on this to make it work :poki:

We have more crew to look after the show and help make it run smother and to make it work so you get what you want over the weekend, so every thing is in place for an amazing weekend,

So you can make a difference and you can help us get bigger guests and more activities for next years show by making it work this year, we will not let you down as we will plough everything we can into making it better for you all, you can help us so much by just telling your friends and people you know about the show

Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated as we just want to put on some amazing would class shows with your help this will be posable

Thank you all for reading this and making my dream even closer to reality :poki:

You all make this happen

Thanks so much

Jason :poki:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the beginning there has been four of us attending these events now there are 9 of us these shows are getting better and better and im sure i can convince more mates to come it gets us away from the wives and kids for a weekend LOL.

If only a certain show at the Birmingham NEC takes note of what you do.

Edited by Lennybear

• Moderators

will do, but this year, turn up the lights! couldent see diddly last year and this surely affected all the stands sales as we couldent see what they had.

That was a different venue, and unfortunately not under SMs control, so no need to worry this time :YAHOO:

We've been coming to all the events since the first MK and continue to spread the word.

I certainly hope we don't have last years Sunday chaos - we were lucky and managed to see everyone we wanted to see, including Patrick, but it was a bun fight!!!

Looking forward to this year - if you could get Michael Biehn and Bill Paxton it would be perfect.

see y'all

Yes I agree - We love Showmasters events and look forward to the ones we can get 2. Three of us have bought early bird tickets for the Sunday to try and avoid the problems of last year where people just went mad to get VTs and autos. Hopefully, we can get in early to get our Vts. My sister in law still hasn't recovered from almost being knocked over and crushed last year by people trying to get VTs for Heroes guests. Hope nothing like this happens this year as the three of us are really looking forward to the event which has one of the strongest cast lists I've seen for a very long time.

I can understand you wanting to make as much money as possible out of this, but on the other hand you have be able to accomodate for the numbers, and call me sceptical but I think it's going to take more than one or two more crew members here and there to achieve that.

SM are not stupid. They learnt alot from that weekend. Thats why its been moved back to EC2 and a whole host of other changes in place ready. They know what they're doing.

I can understand you wanting to make as much money as possible out of this, but on the other hand you have be able to accomodate for the numbers, and call me sceptical but I think it's going to take more than one or two more crew members here and there to achieve that.

SM are not stupid. They learnt alot from that weekend. Thats why its been moved back to EC2 and a whole host of other changes in place ready. They know what they're doing.

It's been moved back to EC1 because when the event was held last year, EC1 had already been booked by something else, this year SM simply got in first assumedly - nothing to do with them "learning from their mistakes." Also, what are these other changes you speak of? Security infront of the guests rather than just behind them? Motion sensing gun turrents that can detect when an attendee doesn't carry a VT for the guest they're helping to crowd? I wait in anticipation to see what sort of rabbit is pulled from the hat this time...

It's been moved back to EC1 because when the event was held last year, EC1 had already been booked by something else, this year SM simply got in first assumedly - nothing to do with them "learning from their mistakes." Also, what are these other changes you speak of? Security infront of the guests rather than just behind them? Motion sensing gun turrents that can detect when an attendee doesn't carry a VT for the guest they're helping to crowd? I wait in anticipation to see what sort of rabbit is pulled from the hat this time...

Wow, you really are cynical aren't you?

• Showmasters Admin

Yes he is i went through his old posts and me thinks he will never be happy

We do not do this just to money ok

I do not need it

I have lost money running Showmasters for 5 years now but thats my choice

One day it will break even which will be nice and maybe make profit, if it dose then i will probably spend it on making the events even better :dance:

It may be hard for stavrosb to understand that people do things for reasons other than just making money

This is fun for me and Andrea :vader:

Shame he did not understand what this thread was about us asking for help so we can make the events better for all

some people never see a good thing when it right in front of them :huh:

jason :WAVE:

Jason, you guys rock, full stop :dance: Most of us realise why you are doing all of this, there are just the odd few, as with anything in life, who will try and be difficult for no real reason... I think people forget you don't HAVE to do these shows- you could just one day say "enough" and just stop doing them- no reason why you can't. But you don't- you keep making them better, because at the end of the day, you are just like us and love these things, and you make them better for us as well as you.

Just... carry on with the good work :vader:

Jason, you guys rock, full stop :huh: Most of us realise why you are doing all of this, there are just the odd few, as with anything in life, who will try and be difficult for no real reason... I think people forget you don't HAVE to do these shows- you could just one day say "enough" and just stop doing them- no reason why you can't. But you don't- you keep making them better, because at the end of the day, you are just like us and love these things, and you make them better for us as well as you.

Just... carry on with the good work :WAVE:

:vader: completely agree :dance:

Yes he is i went through his old posts and me thinks he will never be happy

We do not do this just to money ok

I do not need it

I have lost money running Showmasters for 5 years now but thats my choice

One day it will break even which will be nice and maybe make profit, if it dose then i will probably spend it on making the events even better :WAVE:

It may be hard for stavrosb to understand that people do things for reasons other than just making money

This is fun for me and Andrea :dance:

Shame he did not understand what this thread was about us asking for help so we can make the events better for all

some people never see a good thing when it right in front of them :huh:

jason :huh:

Well said that man :vader:

I for one am a little confused.

I think the main argument here, was a good point.

There is the simple fact that a star can only physically sign a certain number of items.

If you raise the attendance levels above that figure, you’re going to have more and more disappointed fans.

Whilst that’s fine for a shopping centre with free access, it’s slightly less fair when people have to pay an entrance fee.

This point has nothing to doing with the size of the venue, nothing to doing with the number of crew members, and everything to doing with ticket sales, demand, and supply.

:vader:

I for one am a little confused.

I think the main argument here, was a good point.

There is the simple fact that a star can only physically sign a certain number of items.

If you raise the attendance levels above that figure, you’re going to have more and more disappointed fans.

Whilst that’s fine for a shopping centre with free access, it’s slightly less fair when people have to pay an entrance fee.

This point has nothing to doing with the size of the venue, nothing to doing with the number of crew members, and everything to doing with ticket sales, demand, and supply.

:vader:

That's assuming that everybody wants the busiest guests, though. There are plenty of guests who don't sign to capacity, and we're not just talking small actors, there are plenty of medium and even some biggish who've been free by the end of the day.

• Moderators

Yeah, I'm really not sure what they can do regarding that.

For a start, there's no way of really knowing why someone's attending, and on the day this can change anyway.

And while you can estimate the number of autographs a guest may sign, there's various factors that'll change that number anyway.

As far as I can tell, it's very rare that people actually get turned away without an autograph from a guest. It's usually managed as well as possible, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Jason, you guys rock, full stop :dance: Most of us realise why you are doing all of this, there are just the odd few, as with anything in life, who will try and be difficult for no real reason... I think people forget you don't HAVE to do these shows- you could just one day say "enough" and just stop doing them- no reason why you can't. But you don't- you keep making them better, because at the end of the day, you are just like us and love these things, and you make them better for us as well as you.

Just... carry on with the good work :vader:

I agree too. If it wasn't for you guys doing what you do I wouldn't have met the guest from the shows which I love.

I have made so many friends and met my boyfriend from coming to your events.

You and your team are so friendly always very chatty, very helpful great to meet up with when an event is on.

Keep going with the good work.

Edited by gem-sanders