if only this superman could fly

superman.

I could go by underground but have never done it before, is there anyone going to victoria coach station on the underground on the sunday afternoon I could tag along with so I don't get lost?

Well the underground can be confusing for anyone who hasn't used it before but I'm sure staff can help you. I suggest you go on the website Jola provided, it will tell you everything you need to know about buses although I do agree the tube is the best option.

Earls Court to Victoria is direct, it's only three stops and all on the District line (the green one). How can you get lost???

I did not realise it was direct, thanks. I was just worried about changes.

• Moderators

To be fair, you have every right to be worried - after all, it's London Underground.

Just because it's meant to be direct, it doesn't mean it'll be working by the time you get there!

Speaking from experience - plan a couple of routes.

Underground's your best bet - District (green) line, takes ten mins. If you don't have an oyster card, a cash single fare will cost you a shocking £4. Better value to get a day travel card, which is about £5.80 I think. Can't remember, but much better than getting two single fares!

To be fair, you have every right to be worried - after all, it's London Underground.

Just because it's meant to be direct, it doesn't mean it'll be working by the time you get there!

Speaking from experience - plan a couple of routes.

Thats right, dont just expect the line you want to be working especially at the weekend. Work out more than 1 route by tube and if you cant just use a bus, theres always somebody on hand to help when a tube line is closed.

The journey from Earls Court to Victoria is pretty straightforward. Any tube employee will be able to help you, and give you directions if you need them.

Honestly, compared to metro systems elsewhere in the world, ours is much clearer, faster, and more reliable - I worked in Paris for 18 months - you should try their Metro. Fortunately I speak French, but if you don't, you've got no chance :)

I searched the buses for you. I picked Saturday after 4pm so the times maybe slightly different to when you want to go and I picked West Brompton Station as that's the one that's actually nearest to the venue.

Time Details Information

16:22

West Brompton Station

Take the Route Bus 74 towards Baker Street

Buses every: 8 mins

Max journey time: 33 mins

West Brompton Station

Hyde Park Corner Station

Take the Route Bus 38 from Stop: F

towards Victoria Bus Station

or Route Bus 52 towards Victoria Bus Station

Pay before you board

Buses every: 3 - 4 mins

Max journey time: 10 mins

Hyde Park Corner Station

17:09 Victoria Bus Station Victoria Bus Station

Maximum journey time: 00:47

Interchanges: 1

Not what you expected? Click here for information on planned service disruptions.

Please check ticket options and fare prices at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/faresandtickets.

WizardClose

Print routeEmail this route to a friend Text me this route

Time Details Information

16:37

West Brompton Station

Take the Route Bus 430 towards South Kensington

Max journey time: 14 mins

West Brompton Station

South Kensington Station

Take the Route Bus C1 from Stop: E

towards Victoria

Buses every: 10 mins

Max journey time: 29 mins

South Kensington Station

17:24 Victoria Station Victoria Station

Maximum journey time: 00:47

Interchanges: 1

Not what you expected? Click here for information on planned service disruptions.

Please check ticket options and fare prices at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/faresandtickets.

WizardClose

Print routeEmail this route to a friend Text me this route

Time Details Information

16:38

West Brompton Station

Take the Route Bus 74 towards Baker Street

Max journey time: 33 mins

West Brompton Station

Hyde Park Corner Station

Take the Route Bus 38 from Stop: F

towards Victoria Bus Station

or Route Bus 52 towards Victoria Bus Station

Pay before you board

Buses every: 2 - 4 mins

Max journey time: 10 mins

Hyde Park Corner Station

17:29 Victoria Bus Station

EDIT: That looks more confusing than it really is!!!! Sorry. Bascially you have to change buses as there doesn't appear to be one that goes directly to Victoria. You get the 74 towards Baker Street, get off at Hyde Park Corner get the 38 from Stop F or the 52 towards Victoria Bus Station.

OR:

Get the 430 towards South Kensington, at South Kensington Station get the C1 from Stop E towards Victoria Station.

Edited by Big_Pants

Honestly, compared to metro systems elsewhere in the world, ours is much clearer, faster, and more reliable - I worked in Paris for 18 months - you should try their Metro. Fortunately I speak French, but if you don't, you've got no chance :)

Im glad to hear that our underground is clearer, faster, and more reliable, as i will be using the tube here for the first time in 8 years to get to LFCC, and when i was in Japan a few months ago, i was completely confuddled by thier tube systems, so im glad here will be a little better XD *and easier to understand lol*

I searched the buses for you. I picked Saturday after 4pm so the times maybe slightly different to when you want to go and I picked West Brompton Station as that's the one that's actually nearest to the venue.

That's so unbelievebly nice of you - I'm impressed and it's not even for me! What a lovely friendly forum we are :D