what was the best moment of Chevron 7 ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we have had a lot of talk about what did and did not work but what was the best moment over the weekend for you

for me was talking to chris when i was taking him out to the car at 4 am on sunday morning.

we talked and it was so cool, he was so nice he said he had notised and understood what we were trying to do compared to other things he had been to, and he thanked me for the relaxed fun time he had with the fans and he said it had made it so much more fun, and he felt he got to know lots more of the people

i was so pleased it was the high point for me :YAHOO:

jason :YAHOO:

I part-won the meal with the guests so you can imagine what was the best part for me!!! I got 2 lovely photos & have some fantastic memories :YAHOO::YAHOO::YAHOO:

Carmen was a complete charmer! He is a rare breed & I would absolutely love to meet him again!

Talking of that, I need the lady who went with me to get in touch as I do not have her email address any more - my phone very kindly deleted them all (the others I needed have been in touch - phew!)

It was my first weekend Con & I thoroughly enjoyed it & have made some great friends as well! I'm gradually starting to come back to normality now (unfortunately!) :dance:

Edited by rockluvva

Hmmmm.... I need to pick?

The Chris/Michael talk absolutely KILLED me, I was literally crying with laughter by the end of it.

Meeting Chris, Michael and Carmen in the auto session was great too. All three of them were so friendly, welcoming and gracious, definitely some of the best I'd met. Each of them seemed genuinely interested. I really appreciate it when I go for an auto and I walk away feeling like a person instead of fan #3523434.

aside from meeting michael, i think my favourite moment was him and chris on stage together. honestly do not remember the last time i laughed so much before that. and damnit, chris' curry story has lodged itself in my brain, as i've been craving it since sunday...haha.

i had a few nice chats with people, but unfortunatley, i'm really, really shy, so i didn't really say too much to people. hoping my confidence will have upped itself by march so i can try again!

honestly, though, i loved the whole weekend...and seriously cannot wait to do it again! i really couldn't have asked for more from my first convention. thanks so much! :WINCE:

Best moment...

Personal one: Michael coming our group at the drinks reception. He stood next to me and put his arm around my shoulder for several minutes.

We've met quite often before, so this was a cute way of making me feel like I was not fan 3523434. (If I may borrow that number, Psychosis?)

Programme wise: definitely the stage performance at the end. :WINCE:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Smelling Chris's gas?... lol

It was a personal moment with Michael at Friday's drinks reception for me too.

I also absolutely love my photos, particularly the one of my BF and Michael... awesome!

Edited by ErisDS

I have so many highlights it is difficult to choose just one.

Talking to Michael and Carmen at the drinks party was fantastic - they were both amazing. Talked to Carmen (fabulous bloke - loved him) about House (ironically! Told him the plot at the end of the season he did) and I was very impressed that Michael can talk you through scenes he filmed years ago because frankly I have trouble remembering what I did last week :thumbup:

All of tha talks were very good. But yes, the Michael and Chris one was hysterical. I have a vivid mental (and 'smellovision' image) picture of that road trip from Seattle to Vancover.

And finally, I was the Sam Carter in group 1, so I had a fab time on that last afternoon both taking part and laughing.

I have not laughed so much in ages - the entire weekend!

I've also made 2 new mates, and can't wait for the next one now :WINCE:

For me it was gary jones at the party commenting on my flight suit and saying it was better than the one he has.

But all the talks were ace.

Thanks again to everyone at showmasters and also everyone who attended for making it one of my best cons

OMG - so many to chose from...

Stage-wise: Michael and Chris on stage, and the final 'audition' show - my cheeks ached for ages after...priceless. Actually, loved Carmen and Michael on stage too...

Sat night: literally bumping into Carmen and getting to chat to him one-on-one for 5 mins while he had his arm around me and then he gave me 2 kisses as we parted...what a guy!! :dance:

He should definitely be invited back...I think everyone seems to be most impressed by him and would want to see him again!

Overall: I loved the fact all the guests seemed so approachable and it was all so relaxed...met some great people too, everyone was soooo friendly.

Thanks again all!! :whistling:

I really appreciate it when I go for an auto and I walk away feeling like a person instead of fan #3523434.

...but you were fan S59 :dance:

My favourite moments of Chevron 7 were the stage times (especially the Chris/Michael talk) and actually getting to meet the guests at the signings :blink:

Best bits for me were the Michael and Chris talk....not laughed so much in ages! I was actually crying at points!

Also the Michael photo shoot....huggy <3.

I just gotta talk more to the guests really coz I do end up shy and struggling for things to say! The wine at the cocktails parties at Eclipse and Lockdown definitely helped that tho haha!

xxxxx

It just had to be the Michael and Chris talk. So funny my sides ached so much. You've just got to have them again one day. Please. They are such lovely people.

Edited by Diney

Asking Michael Shanks for a "special" photo op for my upcoming "Big Scary Birthday" and having the moment captured on film forever.... :crying:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/dan...ps/scan0001.jpg

My husband and I had a thoroughly brilliant time over the weekend and it made a great way to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversay (which is actually today!!)...so thank you guys for a great Con!!

Deeds xx

My husband and I had a thoroughly brilliant time over the weekend and it made a great way to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversay (which is actually today!!)...so thank you guys for a great Con!!

Happy Anniversary :crying:

Hello everyone - (it's Rich by the way)

I lost my convention virginity on Friday night!

The best thing about the convention was definitely having some face-to-face time with some of the people I've been watching for the last 2 years on TV. The way the event was structured meant that if you'd paid Gold, then you would get some time with the stars at the cocktail party. The rest of the event (talks, photoshoots & signings) was okay.

The worst thing about the convention was the (sometimes) queing, but apparently that's normal at a convention. Thanks to everyone who chatted to me in the queue, meeting so many friendly people (Carol - where are you on here? I can't see you! Domini?) was great.

The most SHOCKING thing about the convention is that someone spend £6,000 on a 'night out' with the stars, at a chinese restaurant. I found this (to be honest) a little distasteful at the time, as it hadn't been made clear that the money was going to charity, I'm sure if this was made clearer in future it wouldn't have been uncomfortable.

My suggestion for any other convention would be to have a 'Cinema' room, where one of the movies/double episodes etc would be screened. I don't know if this has been tried before.

Parties were totally made enjoyable by the people who dressed up. I was determined not to be a geek, and so didn't dress up, but looking back I really wish I had - because all of the people who had the confidence to be dressed up 1) Looked hot and 2) didn't have to be worried about being recognised the next day.

Apologies for the long post - my Jerry Springer final thought is a big thank you to all of you who went and were friendly - you really did make it an enjoyable event. Note to self: drink less on Friday night.

PS - Who was the hottest on Friday night? Guy & Girl?

Three main high points:

Really enjoyed the Michael/Chris stage talk - hysterically funny.

Also met some really nice folks (thanks for making the time in the standard queues go faster!)

Having my photo taken with MS (what a nice guy!)

Hello everyone - (it's Rich by the way)

I lost my convention virginity on Friday night!

The best thing about the convention was definitely having some face-to-face time with some of the people I've been watching for the last 2 years on TV. The way the event was structured meant that if you'd paid Gold, then you would get some time with the stars at the cocktail party. The rest of the event (talks, photoshoots & signings) was okay.

The worst thing about the convention was the (sometimes) queing, but apparently that's normal at a convention. Thanks to everyone who chatted to me in the queue, meeting so many friendly people (Carol - where are you on here? I can't see you! Domini?) was great.

My suggestion for any other convention would be to have a 'Cinema' room, where one of the movies/double episodes etc would be screened. I don't know if this has been tried before.

This is my first non-business convention of any kind.

The best bit for me was chatting to Carmen during the Friday night drinks party and him remembering my name two days later, amazing. Really nice guy and would love to chat again.

Agree that the worst bit was the queuing (and the Sunday role play).

Agree with Rich that a cinema room is a great idea. I have always thought it a pity that the Stargate "movies" were never shown on the big screen. What would be needed would be a 20 foot screen with top-end projector. I have used these in business presentations before and with the correct setup the display would look and sound magnificent.

Hi. This was my first convention and I had a great time.

I can't decide if my highlight was my photo with Michael (that still seem surreal!), or the Michael / Chris talk! All the talks were a lot of fun, but I was literally crying with laughter during that one!!

I agree with another post (somewhere!) about the stage - it would have been good to have had the guests raised a little for the talks so we could see them better when seated further back. Visibility generally wasn't that good - it was better when the stage was lit, later in the weekend.

I think if you actually went to the bother of calculating the time spent queuing it would probably have been a high proportion of the weekend - but it really didn't seem that way. It was all very efficient, and everyone I met in the queues was so chatty I didn't feel like I was wasting time whilst standing there.

Related to this, another thing really I liked was how happy the people who'd dressed up were to chat and have their picture taken. Everyone I met was really friendly, and I think the relatively small size of the convention worked well for me.

Thanks to everyone for a fun weekend! :D

Best Bit - Definitely the Micheal and Chris talk on Sunday. Although the photo with MS and the drinks party were a close second. The size of crowd was great, big enough to keep things going but not so big as to be intimidating. The 700-800 people cons are awfulas the queues are very long and the quests have no time

ar all

Worst bit - Definitely the parties. The DJ was awful. I've never seen one so successfully clear a room before and the one on Sunday night never materialised at all