An Audience with Patrick Stewart

showmasters

..will cameras actually be allowed in the talk?? I know at either midlands or gmex earlier this year they had no photos signs up for any guest, and when you think at lfcc last year there was a blanket ban on cameras near patrick when he was only signing...

I asked this a while ago too. They usually allow cameras for the first 5 mins of the talk then you're asked to put them away. As it's Patrick Stewart though I fear it could be a camera ban all together for the whole duration of the talk. We'll have to wait and see on the day if he minds it or not.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..will cameras actually be allowed in the talk?? I know at either midlands or gmex earlier this year they had no photos signs up for any guest, and when you think at lfcc last year there was a blanket ban on cameras near patrick when he was only signing...

I asked this a while ago too. They usually allow cameras for the first 5 mins of the talk then you're asked to put them away. As it's Patrick Stewart though I fear it could be a camera ban all together for the whole duration of the talk. We'll have to wait and see on the day if he minds it or not.

I've been to a talk of his before and he never had a problem with cameras then. Not sure if I am doing this talk yet (unless all tickets have sold then I won't be going full stop) if photo taking is not allowed for the first 5 or so mins then I will be suprised, though thats not to say I'm 100% expecting that people will be allowed to take photos in the talk.

:P

LLAP :D

To be honest, as much as I like having pics of guests at the event, I really hate the whole 'first five minutes' thing at talks.

It looks awkward and uncomfortable for the guests (as iv'e seen at other talks) as they have to basically just stand while the audience, and im sorry to everyone, are turned into paparazzi.

Like I said, I like having pics of guests from the events i've been to. But I'd rather do it another way, rather than everyone being snap happy for 5 minutes (which is always extended by some weirdo snapping away with his HUGE professional camera with a flash as bright as the sun's core)

Received my tickets ;)

Can anyone tell me how many tickets have been sold? is the talk to be held in the area the other talks were last time or is the talk area in the other section of the hall, as with the record event at the same time may have a bit of external sound effects....

There probably call batches of numbers and check tickets as you go in. I will go if im there on the sunday as no doubt he'll be to busy at the autos (what I hope to get) and isn't doing shoots so its the best chance and speaking to him :whistling:

Edited by selby

So how's the 'first ones to order are the first ones to be seated' thing going to work? Are they really going to line everyone up in order of ticket number?

:blink: You have your ticket no. so now all you gotta do is just go to your seat. Just like the theater or on a plane or trian, surly????

Edited by nicky

So how's the 'first ones to order are the first ones to be seated' thing going to work? Are they really going to line everyone up in order of ticket number?

That's what I would have thought. The seats will be numbered so just find your numbered seats. It would be a lot simpler.

Actually, seat numbering would both be highly impractical and very difficult to enforce..no-one would stick to their assigned seat unless you had people keep checking every number against the chair which just isnt going to happen, and people will want to sit with friends and no-one will be able to stop them (within reason)..

If anything, it'll be more like at the massive event cons (eclipse, lockdown, chevron 7 etc) where the first 2-3 rows will be reserved for gold passes, then everything else will be for all other numbers, but, they'll be called in in batches, say 1-25 or 1-50, then another 25/50 and so on, and those people then make a beeline for the seats as their let in.

Actually, seat numbering would both be highly impractical and very difficult to enforce..no-one would stick to their assigned seat unless you had people keep checking every number against the chair which just isnt going to happen, and people will want to sit with friends and no-one will be able to stop them (within reason)..

:huh: Then all you have to do is show 'em your ticket and tell 'em it's your seat. If they dont move then ask a crew member or security to get them to shift. Surly????? Thats how it works anywhere in theaters, planes or trains so I really cant see how differnt a talk at a con would be. :blink:

But yeah, the batches thing works too. They do that on planes too.

Edited by nicky