I'm Confused!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You believeAnd what do Showmasters stand to gain by lying about any of it?

Perhaps a good reason to justify that there is no main cast at Lockdown...

I dont tell you it's true... I just show you that we can find some good reasons (and I have several others eventual reasons in stock :lol: )

To my mind, I believe that Jason told the truth about the JJ's message.

And I think that the lack of Big names isn't a consequence of the writers strike...

If the problem was the writers strike, we would have Big names announced, and after that SM would have canceled them. But we have never had big names announced...

The problem is certainly the low passes sale...

How is it possible to have big names with 200 tickets sold ?

I suppose if the sale for Lockdown 2 isn't better, we will have the same disappointment with the guests...

And it's not a critic, with 200 tickets sold, i understand that there is no main cast...

I would have to assume that their contact is slightly more direct with agents that yours? Obviously I have no idea who you are, and what you know about the show, but I struggle to believe you'd know more about whats going on than they would surely?

You know... i know some of the LOST fans who are posting on the forum.

Some of them sometimes went to hawaii and some of them knows some personnalities who are important in the "LOST World".

I'm not sure that no member of the message board haven't some good contact (perhaps better contact than Jason) with actors or agents too.

Jason is not God, do you know that David ? A proof... we learned that greg grunberg could not go at C12 4 weeks before Jason announced it officialy... Some of us have sometimes better informations than Showmasters... You have to believe it :P

No, I'm not being blindly loyal to them.

No ??? :blink: Sure ???? :poki:

We all know that you do that to be Kiele Guests liaison... :wub:

So love make you blind (as said a french proverb).

So we can speak about blind loyalty :dance:

(of course david... it was a joke :D )

Edited by sebastianillyria

May I also add that I am no big fan of how SM run things, anyone who's been on the another show thread will now this BUT...

I have to say that Showmasters should be commended for how they have handled lockdown, they have been honest, upfront and shown no sign of underhandedness or lying in my book.

I am not blindly loyal but even I can quite clearly see that they have tried there hardest to put on the best event they can (even at a loss I might add) under the well publicised circumstances. Your arguments Butterfly_kate are full of emotion (which is good) but lets be honest, very little fact or logic, sorry this is just how I see it.

Edited by frankslittlemachine

JJ Abrams is still credited as the current Executive Producer of the show. Even if he's not working on it on a day to day basis, the final decisions on things such as whether the cast need to be available for filming at short notice will still be down to him.

As has been said before, the cast may have been able to leave Hawaii this week but that isnt necessarily the same for next week.

• Moderators

Jason is not God, do you know that David ? A proof... we learned that greg grunberg could not go at C12 4 weeks before Jason announced it officialy... Some of us have sometimes better informations than Showmasters... You have to believe it :blink:

Did I ever say he was God? No :lol:

But some people are insistent on stirring things up ALL THE TIME, and yes even you do it a lot of the time recently in this section - including going over and over and over and over the same ground when you realise exactly what the situation is, and you've been given answers, yet it's your own choice to decide "no, they must be lying to us!" .. that must be a great way to live life, always assuming someone's not being honest about it.

Why does there have to be any underlying problems? Why can't it simply be exactly what they've said it is? Sometimes things go wrong. Clearly in regards to this event, things have gone wrong. Whether you choose to accept the reasons behind it or not is up to you.

And no, actually I find it very hard to believe that many people are better informed about the situation with Lost cast members than the organisers are. It's not always a case of the organisers not knowing - as you should know, even if a problem arise they take the time to try and work around it.

They won't cancel a guest until they're 100% sure that something cannot be worked out. This doesn't mean they're lying or that they're trying to sell extra tickets or anything like that. Not everything is some kinda crazy conspiracy to make money!

And really - why would I want to suddenly believe there's something funny going on just because two cast members were seen at an airport? If you listed the number of reasons why they could be there then I'm sure you'd realise why there's no point in assuming the worst.

Organisers have in the past cancelled events due to low ticket sales. There is no shame in this, and clearly Massive Events are not against running a convention and making a loss - that's exactly what they're doing with this one! So to assume they can't get other guests because of financial reasons is pretty pointless - granted, they're obviously not going to fold to every actors financial demands when they're unrealistic, but it's still not going to be the main issue.

I know the organisers - vaguely on a personal level, and a lot on a professional level. What they have to go through, what time and effort goes into this, and above all else how much they love what they do. These events take a lot of energy, and they always strive to put on the best events that they can. There's a lot of pride in that. And they would not be delivering this lineup for Lockdown unless the deck had been severely stacked against them.

Whatever you or other people choose to believe, it doesn't really matter. You can complain as much as you want, but it won't change a damn thing in the end. Unfortunate as it is, this is Lockdown, and as long as people get what they paid for .. well, there's room for disappointment, but no real grounds for complaint.

it's your own choice to decide "no, they must be lying to us!" ..

They won't cancel a guest until they're 100% sure that something cannot be worked out.

I never told they are lying :poki:

I just give you one good reason they could have to do it... it's very different...

Do you understand the difference ? :lol:

About the cancelation, once time again I never told they are lying...

I just told you that it's very surprising that we learn that before they announce it...

That kind of behaviour is not a good thing if they want our trust...

You know... when we see that they begin to speak about a possible cancelation, the actor always cancel loool

I posted 1 month ago that HIC could not come (when I discovered the JJ's message) and you answer me that it was to soon te be worried :blink: .Some people insulted me because I had posted that kind of comment and because it was bad advertising against SM, but now we all know the result... :dance: and we all know I only posted what i have readen. That's why I'm sure that Jason did not lie about the JJ's message.

Ask to laams999... I send him immediately a message to tell him that HIC would not come :wub:

When they began to accept to speak about "If HIC canceld..." I was sure he won't be there"...

I just told you that it's very surprising that we learn that before they announce it...

It's not that surprising, actually. Sometimes when an actor is busy, they can do something to work around it. Sometimes they can discuss with the agent and producers, and for example, they only do half a day, or they arrive late, etc. Showmasters will work hard to try to get around the problem before they finally admit defeat and cancel the guest. We should be cheering them for that, not condemning them.

Ask to laams999... I send him immediately a message to tell him that HIC would not come :P

When they began to accept to speak about "If HIC canceld..." I was sure he won't be there"...

If laams999 is me, then yes I confirm :P;)

You know why i always write it with 2 A... :P

Because when I pronounce it, I tell Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams :WINCE:

It's not that surprising, actually. Sometimes when an actor is busy, they can do something to work around it. Sometimes they can discuss with the agent and producers, and for example, they only do half a day, or they arrive late, etc. Showmasters will work hard to try to get around the problem before they finally admit defeat and cancel the guest. We should be cheering them for that, not condemning them.

exactly. thanks for trying SM, we know you're doing all you can do make this a fantastic event. this is my first con of anykind and from what i've heard, i'm glad its run by you :WINCE::P

Edited by Rodders

I'm sure you're right.

As said david, they are waiting to be sure before announcing a cancelation.

But I know another organiser who don't fear to tell to the attendees, when he has difficulties with an actor.

When an actor has to cancel, there is no problem that SM announce this cancelation.

We are a lot complaining about the gestion of the announcements..

Sometimes we would want a message from jason like that : "we have some difficulties with greg grunberg" or "we have some difficulties with HIC". I think we would be happy to hear that kind of message...

But when we have that kind of message, it's only because I (and some others) have posted a lot of complain messages and so he decided to tell the truth...

I think it would be better to learn when they have difficulties rather to learn the cancelation without having had informations of a possible cancelation before...

• Moderators

It comes down to personal preference. Some people would prefer it, but I know people that wouldn't want to know.

I see their point - why create panic that could end up being totally unnecessary? I'm sure they've had a fair few close calls in the past that we've never known about, and it's not really affected us.

It's only when people choose to come on here with "I've heard .." and people start the panic, then the organisers have to come and calm everyone down which is generally the reason why they don't release such information in the first place.

Personally I'd rather know when it's 100% impossible for a guest to come. I don't need that rollercoaster ride of "will they? won't they?" every time a slight issue comes up.

It comes down to personal preference. Some people would prefer it, but I know people that wouldn't want to know.

I see their point - why create panic that could end up being totally unnecessary? I'm sure they've had a fair few close calls in the past that we've never known about, and it's not really affected us.

It's only when people choose to come on here with "I've heard .." and people start the panic, then the organisers have to come and calm everyone down which is generally the reason why they don't release such information in the first place.

Personally I'd rather know when it's 100% impossible for a guest to come. I don't need that rollercoaster ride of "will they? won't they?" every time a slight issue comes up.

Yup! I was SO bothered by the Greg Grunberg thing at C... 12? I mean, it didn't bother me that he cancelled (well, within reason), but the constant state of "is he coming? omg, if I refresh will it be a cancellation announcement? But if he IS coming, they might not need to double-confirm him. What if...." really bugged me. I'd rather have not known.

Im pretty much as peed off as you Butterfly Kate as I paid for a Gold Pass for the event. The only thing im kind of taking comfort in is the discount in next years event. IF for next years they manage to get about 5 or 6 main cast members, and we manage to get a discount on it, then id like to think im getting the discount on this event, and paying full price for the next event. BUT again, im thinking that the discount will be for EVERYONE attending this years, and not just Gold Pass holders. I just think that something needs to be done to reward Gold Pass holders, and I know this has been said a million times before, but its how I feel about it. Just know that you're not alone Butterfly Kate!

Why shouldn't everybody be entitled to the discount?

Standard Ticket holders have suffered the same loss as Gold Ticket holders when Henry cancelled.

I'm guessing that they'll consider the different price levels with the discount, but this is only a guess.

I got a Gold Pass too, and we're still getting everything included in the price.

That's why the Gold Ticket is more expensive: We get stuff that Standard Ticket holders have to pay extra for - photosessions - or can't get - better seating, the Friday night party. We didn't pay extra because a certain guest was exclusive for Gold Ticket holders or something.

Of course I am sad that Henry cancelled too. But that's the risk you take when you book for an event. Guests may cancel due to work commitments.

I totally see where you're coming from ButterflyKate.

I still think that it is fair to wait for clear explanations or answers and as far as I know it's not a prejudice to ask for clarification. No harm is done.

And it's nice to share informations, therefore I'd prefer that it was about what is actually taking place, the events' planning and what is concrete. Not about every actors who was ALMOST able to come to the convention (it is rather frustrating lol), or who could come to the next convention. I appreciate the effort, it's nice of you Jason to take time to come and tell us about your frustration too but it's not a big confort. JMO.

Just wanted to add that I am still looking forward to the event, especially now! :wub:

I am not here to stir trouble, I only talk for myself, thanks for respecting that before ripping me apart. :D

Those who are 100% happy with their lot are free of speech, why wouldn't we all be?

Best regards,

Mylene.

Am I going to have to get a 'Team Kate' shirt to go along with my 'Team Seb' one lol

I don't know about people on here but I understand those of you who stick up for SM 100% if you've been to SM run conventions before and they've been brilliant, but for me - this is my first con and also my first thing with SM so I don't have this loyality already (I hope for that to build in time after an awesome Lost convention, yes :wub: ) but right now I can only voice my opinions on what I see. I think we should be allowed to voice our worries without it straight away being shot down, if only for the fact that SM can see how to improve certain things.

Am I going to have to get a 'Team Kate' shirt to go along with my 'Team Seb' one lol

I don't know about people on here but I understand those of you who stick up for SM 100% if you've been to SM run conventions before and they've been brilliant, but for me - this is my first con and also my first thing with SM so I don't have this loyality already (I hope for that to build in time after an awesome Lost convention, yes :wub: ) but right now I can only voice my opinions on what I see. I think we should be allowed to voice our worries without it straight away being shot down, if only for the fact that SM can see how to improve certain things.

I totally second that. :)