Lost Season 4 - Episode Eight Discussion

DavidB

Lol this is off-topic, but before series two started there was alot of rumors that Samuel L. Jackson would be joining the cast as one of the tail section suvivors and there was some funny posts on IMDB saying like when Michael say's "WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLT" Sam's character would say "Say Walt again. Say Walt again, mother fcker, say Walt one more Goddamn time!" :thumbup:

Edited by Adam Marvel

hehe... oh I get it, Kevin was his name! I don't pay attention lol

I can't believe its lost time again... time is passing so quickly! Well, I suppose, its not on the island... but tis for me lol

Thanks for the spoilers... :YAHOO: some of us sleep in on our days off. :D

Why would you come in to a thread discussing episode 8 if you haven't even seen it yet?

Because im an idiot, and didnt see that it said episode 8.

But yeah, just watched it. I honestly dont know if I liked it or not. :lol:

• Moderators

Yeah, clearly they're not spoilers whatsoever :thumbup:

Though funnily enough the two 'guests' that you mentioned in the OTHER topic turned up in this episode?

I liked it. I've always enjoyed Harold's performances outside of the WALLLLTs, and I did laugh when like the second 'recap' scene was exactly that lol

It was very interesting in terms of off-island stuff, and Tom being there with his 'friend' (I still reckon he fancied Jack!), and I wanna know who was shooting at the end ..

Hmm!

Yeah, clearly they're not spoilers whatsoever :thumbup:

Though funnily enough the two 'guests' that you mentioned in the OTHER topic turned up in this episode?

I liked it. I've always enjoyed Harold's performances outside of the WALLLLTs, and I did laugh when like the second 'recap' scene was exactly that lol

It was very interesting in terms of off-island stuff, and Tom being there with his 'friend' (I still reckon he fancied Jack!), and I wanna know who was shooting at the end ..

Hmm!

I was clearly joking when I said spoilers :badwind:

And I know they did, but i honestly didn't know they were going to be here. I was refering to Libby being in Hurley's flashback, and all the times weve seen Tom.

The ending was a bit meh, and personally I think its the freighter people who were shooting. In the other episode Frank left on the helicopter and didn't he have Kearny and Omar in there with him?

It got better towards the end. was a bit bored of Michael trying to kill himself but back in "real time" It was amazing!!! Karl & Danielle cant be dead... if they are then its all been set up by7 ben!

anyone else noticing the lack of Sawyer in recent episodes.....:-/

It got better towards the end. was a bit bored of Michael trying to kill himself but back in "real time" It was amazing!!! Karl & Danielle cant be dead... if they are then its all been set up by7 ben!

anyone else noticing the lack of Sawyer in recent episodes.....:-/

A lot of characters are getting only a small amount of screen time this Season, try being a Claire fan LOL. Also, I would be suprised if many people other than the Oceanic 6 or anyone else that get's of the island will have a centric episode this season, except maybe Desmond could have another time travel one.

this was a bit of a meh episode for me was cool to see Libby and Mr Friendly a shock with Karl *i think Danielle is still alive* but i dunno it didn't seem to have that wow factor to this ep everything was there it just didn't happen for me

• Moderators

Not every episode is going to have a wow factor though. It'd be insane to keep up such a crazy pace that some episodes deliver. After all, they are still running to 2010 or whenever it is .. so sometimes they have to slow down a little!

It's a shame really, as sometimes the slower episodes don't get appreciated as much because they're not as crazy as some of the others. In the end, things need to unfold at a sensible pace, and while every so often we'll get a high octane in your face episode, others will just be more normal.

I think every episode this season so far has been a quality one. Yes, a couple of them have been more leisurely, but in terms of quality you only have to compare them to Stranger In A Strange Land to realise how good they actually are.

Does anyone else miss the old 23 episode format? :dance:

And i hope to god Danielle doesn't die. There is so much about her past that we NEED to see.. They missed the chance with Libby, and no matter how many times we get two second shots of her in flashbacks can it make up for not knowing her history. :YAHOO:

Edited by Adam Marvel

okay im mixed with the episode it was quite boring at times, i liked the fact that mr friendly is gay! just like we suspected when he was flirting with jack in season 3! hahaha

im a little bummed that sayid ratted out micheal so maybe thats why sayid ends up working for ben! because i would imagine micheal is gonna get killed for being a traitor so maybe ben will do what he did to micheal? say you can make up for what you did!

im not so bummed out about karl being shot i mean i liked his relationship with alex but nothing more, i was shocked that they killed danielle whos a mysterious and great charicter i hope that if she really is dead that we will see some of her back story, it was pretty obvious that ben had set something up though! when hes nice to anyone its usually just to make them co operate!

at least this answered some of our questions! BEN really is the good guy in the widmore v's linus battle! and lets hope penny isnt involved in her fathers business or i will be plain dissapointed!

anyway as cliff hangers go i expected something better, i like the whole will the shoot alex thing? but the writers could have made it a little bit more exciting i guess well realise in 8 weeks wether the new direction of season 4 worked, after the long hiatus this season was a bit MEH if im honest, i loved the constant that was the real OMG episode for me, this seasons been abit all over the place im sure once i rewatch lost season 1-4 i will feel more passionatly about this season and appresiate the great writing, at the moment im not sure weather i loved or hated it.

Unless ive missed something im confused.

The people on the ship know all about the survivors and who they are, for instance Miles knows Kate and the captain knows about Desmond and Said. So how the hell did he not know of Michael and what he looked like when he signed up for the crew?

Miles knew of Kate because she was big news, she was wanted for murder so would have been on the news etc. The captain knew of Desmond because of his Widmore connection, how we don't know yet but Penny had been calling the boat and they had been told not to answer, Minkowski knew Penny was Desmond's girlfriend. I think they know the names and details about everyone on 815 but because Michael was under a different alias they didn't know it was him.

I'm no good at explaining things so I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Another point worth making is that if Michael cannot die as he has work to do, does it really matter that hes been turned in as they wont be able to kill him anyway?

Maybe its the island working through Walt thats keeping him alive?

Id really like to know how Michael and Walt were found and who picked them up, or did they just sail home, if so then that means the island isnt far from land. Would also like to know what story Michael gave either the people who picked them up or the people at wherever they docked as to where he had come from, also not sure why he would keep it secret from his mum.

Interesting to try to figure out if Walt was actually at home when he appeared to Locke too.