Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

• Moderators

Because they are only thinking about money, money and money.

if they could have sold more pass with the name of HIC, it would have been good for us... :thumbup:

And finally the could cancel him at the end, the no-refundable rules is very good for that...

So if you're so against Showmasters/Massive Events, and you believe in all this conspiracy theory stuff, why would you pay immediately for your ticket?

I mean clearly it's not just a problem with THIS event, as you've mentioned the volume of cancellations elsewhere too, yet you're happy to give your money over so quickly, and so much?

If I felt so unsure about an organiser, and so cynical, my money would stay in my pocket ..

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll say it one time and not another !

that's i don't understand here it's when we learnt the strike ended WHY they didn't do an announce to say maybe hic couldn't come but we'll work to find someone else maybe 'cause they wanted to sell more ticket about hic like BIG GUEST start and it's not fair !

Those "maybe" announcements are kind of a double sided thing.

There will be people panicking if something of that sort is posted, like the rumour Hayden wasn't going to LFACC last year.

They informed us when they knew for a fact that HIC wasn't coming.

I see why you'll prefer the first option, but the second one does have its bonuses too. :o

come on every fan knew when the strike ended = come back to film soon ! when we learn very quickly by jorge himself on the fuse the date...how dare you to say they couldn't think about it ? maybe desmond is a redshirt people :rolleyes:

come on every fan knew when the strike ended = come back to film soon ! when we learn very quickly by jorge himself on the fuse the date...how dare you to say they couldn't think about it ? maybe desmond is a redshirt people :rolleyes:

I never said they didn't think about it. I said they didn't have definitive information. Organisers normally don't make announcements based on "maybe this and that is happening".

End of strike didn't automatically end every show was going back to filming for once. Heroes didn't return, 24 didn't from what I know and I am sure there are more.

And if it was that obvious that there was possibly something happening, why would they need to confirm it anyway? :o <- Before I get misunderstood again, I am trying to joke here.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Moderators

They don't announce anything until it's totally confirmed. Even if something is possibly wrong, they'll spend time trying to work around it .. and I'm sure people would rather the organiser at least ATTEMPTED to salvage something, rather than just giving up and telling people straight away.

Communication isn't always that easy either unfortunately. Emails don't get read, people don't answer phones etc. It's a tough and frustrating job for all involved sometimes.

On the point of keeping HIC announced to 'sell more tickets' - as the feedback on this forum has illustrated, many were not going to book JUST for Henry anyway, so I highly doubt that would've been beneficial anyway.

You know what? This is a real shame, but I think a lot of us predicted it when the strike first loomed, and SM can't be held responsible for that.

My only question is, what about those of us who have preordered photo shoots with HIC? Are they refundable? I can totally understand why the gold passes are not, but surely the photo shoots are seeing as they're exclusive to the actor?

Thanks SM and hopefully you'll be able to pull something cool out of the bag!

I never said they didn't think about it. I said they didn't have definitive information. Organisers normally don't make announcements based on "maybe this and that is happening".

End of strike didn't automatically end every show was going back to filming for once. Heroes didn't return, 24 didn't from what I know and I am sure there are more.

And if it was that obvious that there was possibly something happening, why would they need to confirm it anyway? :o <- Before I get misunderstood again, I am trying to joke here.

heroes ended the volume ! we knew by darlton they didn't like to end with MKJ ! look the strike ended the 10th february !

monday damon said they'll tell about abc to find a date !

wednesday we got the date of lost return in our screen !

so after you know how many days they need to film 10-12 days by episode !

i'm sorry i could prefer to hear their words to say maybe hic couldn't come than bring hope for others people who could buy a ticket just to see him !

i don't care about money it's not the problem, it's just NOT FAIR !

that's all

Photo shoots get refunded, yes :rolleyes:

Or perhaps if there's a replacement, just transferred if that's preferred.

Oh that's awesome, thanks! Transferred will probably be best, although I pity poor SM for having to organise all this. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so proactive and waited later to book :o

you know why i'm upset too ? 'cause i tried to do best advert with one of my best friend ! (darkufo) and if people know his blog they know too HOW many people can go there...and people there will learn what happened to lockdown ! we did the advert many months, to remember people don't forget it !!

you wanted best advert well sound like you got it...

one of the most popular place for lost fan did the best for nothing...

i can imagine the advert for lockdown 2 :rolleyes:

Edited by lyly ford

• Moderators

i'm sorry i could prefer to hear their words to say maybe hic couldn't come than bring hope for others people who could buy a ticket just to see him !

that's all

Well that's just you personally.

I perfectly understand why Showmasters/Massive Events wouldn't want to come on here and create a possibly UNNECESSARY panic for their attendees by saying "oh there MIGHT be a problem with a guest". Imagine what a mess we'd get on here.

The best thing they can do with their time is work on sorting out a solution don't you think?

And anyway, regardless of what you "know" about Lost's schedule - and let's face it, it's only what you've been told or you've read - I'm pretty sure SM/ME would know a lot more than us, and they'd be aware of what was possible or not. And up until recently, HIC was still fine for coming along.

heroes ended the volume ! we knew by darlton they didn't like to end with MKJ ! look the strike ended the 10th february !

monday damon said they'll tell about abc to find a date !

wednesday we got the date of lost return in our screen !

so after you know how many days they need to film 10-12 days by episode !

that's all

I've already said I understand you are upset. You absolutely do not have to apologize. I agree with you, this point is controversial. But it's also very much depending on your personal point of view. :rolleyes:

David has already explained more detailed: they don't announce anything until it is confirmed.

Even with the return of Lost being scheduled last week: Lost has a large cast. There may have been a way to work around Henry being needed on set.

Things can change very suddenly and I'm with David here: why create unnecessary panic?

You've witnessed this cancellation. I'm sure there were quite a few of near cancellations that have been narrowly avoided by backstage work that we never even knew off.

you know why i'm upset too ? 'cause i tried to do best advert with one of my best friend ! (darkufo) and if people know his blog they know too HOW many people can go there...and people there will learn what happened to lockdown ! we did the advert many months, to remember people don't forget it !!

you wanted best advert well sound like you got it...

one of the most popular place for lost fan did the best for nothing...

i can imagine the advert for lockdown 2 :P

ive seen the notices about lockdown on darks site

no one seemed very interested

i hope that well all have a great weekend whatever happens

sebastianillyria, they HAVE to announce guests in advance. We have to book hotel rooms. We have to book flights. We have to book train tickets. Many of us must do this MONTHS in advance. How can do this if we don't know whether there is even anyone coming?

Announcing guests even four weeks ebfore wouldn't make a difference! Look at this. Henry Ian Cusick only cancelled two weeks before! What do you want them to do? Announce the guests when you get there?

that's all

Well that's just you personally.

I perfectly understand why Showmasters/Massive Events wouldn't want to come on here and create a possibly UNNECESSARY panic for their attendees by saying "oh there MIGHT be a problem with a guest". Imagine what a mess we'd get on here.

The best thing they can do with their time is work on sorting out a solution don't you think?

And anyway, regardless of what you "know" about Lost's schedule - and let's face it, it's only what you've been told or you've read - I'm pretty sure SM/ME would know a lot more than us, and they'd be aware of what was possible or not. And up until recently, HIC was still fine for coming along.

well my dear DavidB

i'll just say YES, yes i know more about the schedule of lost and more things than you couldn't know too...

when i want to know something about lost, set, spoilers etc...! I KNOW !

trust me or not i don't care just yes i can say it, i'm not a liar that's why when things are not fair, i open my mouth :P

i just explained why it's not fair, i don't speak about myself, i speak for all people, i'm not alone, i don't want to complain, i'll come but i think about others people especially one of my friend who haven't many money, do her best to have money to come and hoped the best and now look it ! she's not the only people who couldn't "don't care" about money than me...that's the reason i'm not very happy, life isn't easy for all people and when we've a situation like here, i can't stop to think about people like my friend that's all...

Edited by lyly ford

• Moderators

And that's fair. I understand your point, and I understand your frustration in relation to yourself and your friends.

However, I highly doubt your 'knowledge' is going to better the organisers who are actually in touch with the people in charge :P

So if they said it was fine up until recently, it was ..

I'd hate it if SM started only announcing guests 2 months before an event, this is one of the very reasons why I don't attend other organisers events/cons. Travel for me can run to over £100 if I booked late.

So I hope that Showmasters continue to do as they have done, and announce guests well in advance.

And that's fair. I understand your point, and I understand your frustration in relation to yourself and your friends.

However, I highly doubt your 'knowledge' is going to better the organisers who are actually in touch with the people in charge :P

So if they said it was fine up until recently, it was ..

thank to understand, people need to understand it. some people couldn't come to another events and if they're disappointed after do their best to come, it's not fair for them, i don't want to think about it but we know it will be this feeling...money don't come like that and if you're disappointed, you can regret that you did to get ticket and come back...it's not the feeling we should remember but it will be anyway...

i never said my knowledge was about organisation of convention, i said about LOST, set, post production etc...

I am sorry but I am sooooo pissed!

I can understand that the complications are not caused by SM and that they try their best, for us as well as for themselves.

People coming here and saying that they didn't buy tickets and dare tellling those who did how they shoud or should not react are unbelievable! The same goes for talking about the next convention, it's not everyone who can afford on going every year and it doesn't make sense IMO to confort people with unsettled promises :P

People have to understand that we are not all professionals of conventions, it will be the first time I'll go I admit without shame that I took the Gold pass because HIC was THE main guest of the convention. Was there another guest of his level in the show (a regular) I'd still be very happy. I learned the lesson not to jump on tickets next time.

I want to say that if I'm pissed so much it's because I AM invested in this convention, the sum of money I am spending, the free time I worked hard to get in order to come and join the event and it's not only money (even though it doesn't fall from the sky for me), it's also that. I am optimist so I still go to the event to spend time with Lost fans and the actors who will come, but the price gets high.

I can easily understand that what happened was out of SM's control, especially after the damn strike, and I am not blaming them, but I am pissed and that's the way it is. :D

BTW Lyly Ford, thanks for the big spoiler on your site. I've always been a regular visitor to your blog but won't return in fear of being spoiled again. Highlight for the spoiler I'm on about: I mean the spoiler that it's either Claire, Miles or Carl that dies in the next ep.

Maybe a spoiler warning and not putting the spoiler in images might help.

BTW Lyly Ford, thanks for the big spoiler on your site. I've always been a regular visitor to your blog but won't return in fear of being spoiled again. Highlight for the spoiler I'm on about: I mean the spoiler that it's either Claire, Miles or Carl that dies in the next ep.

Maybe a spoiler warning and not putting the spoiler in images might help.

oh sorry i forgot the tag !!

i guess i was so busy and i close the windown before to put the code :chair:"

i'm so sorry

Edited by lyly ford

• Showmasters Admin

I bet SM are devastated at this turn of events

I am sure if there is anything they can do they will, it is obviously in their best interest.

we are as we love LOST and want this to be the 1st of many Conventions

and it is in our best interest and life would be so much easier if no guest ever dropped out

it would make putting on events a walk in the park but its not

if we had contracts that took precedent over a film or TV work no working guest would ever commit to coming to any event and no Convention or shows would ever take place

so this is were we are, we do pull it of most of the time but sometimes we do not, the writers strike has a lot to answer for and no one could have seen this.

but we do not want this to be the only Lost Convention we run, we were hoping you the fans would help us to get throw this spot of bad luck and keep the dream alive to run a Lost event once a year and try bring over all the guests from this show to these events over the next few years.

we understand you are upset with what has happened but the event will still be a lot of fun and you will all get closer to the guests than ever before as there are less fans attending this event

we will also look after the fans that attend this one at the next event that is the right thing to do for you the fans that have helped us to make this happen

well there you have it i hope you see were we are coming from

Jason

I bet SM are devastated at this turn of events

I am sure if there is anything they can do they will, it is obviously in their best interest.

we are as we love LOST and want this to be the 1st of many Conventions

and it is in our best interest and life would be so much easier if no guest ever dropped out

it would make putting on events a walk in the park but its not

if we had contracts that took precedent over a film or TV work no working guest would ever commit to coming to any event and no Convention or shows would ever take place

so this is were we are, we do pull it of most of the time but sometimes we do not, the writers strike has a lot to answer for and no one could have seen this.

but we do not want this to be the only Lost Convention we run, we were hoping you the fans would help us to get throw this spot of bad luck and keep the dream alive to run a Lost event once a year and try bring over all the guests from this show to these events over the next few years.

we understand you are upset with what has happened but the event will still be a lot of fun and you will all get closer to the guests than ever before as there are less fans attending this event

we will also look after the fans that attend this one at the next event that is the right thing to do for you the fans that have helped us to make this happen

well there you have it i hope you see were we are coming from

Jason

I definitely see where your coming from, it's reassuring to see how hard you are trying.

One question, as of where everything is standing right now, is Lockdown 2 definitely happening? I do hope so :chair:

Edited by Lambourne