Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

all the good we do and the fun we make happen is easily forgotten buy some

I always post congratulations comments and thank you comments when i came back from your event and i spend so great time as next week end. So I never forget what you do so that you have fun... It's not the problem...

It's just disappointing seing some people who i know and who think the same things like me posting only so great comments for you just to have good relation with you...

i understand your pain, have you thought its the same for us to ?

its just what you say comes over as very aggressive and damaging

we do care and we do try so hard and we thought most of you could see that in us

i must say if we have many nights like this i would not want to keep running events

it was why we were so reluctant to let people know who we had in mind for Eclipse 2, we even thought we may not say which guests are going to be at the event till we have sold all the tickets, but then people say thats not fair ether so we cannot win

jason

im not going but if i was i could deffo understand why people are upset....i understand what your saying about not wanting to refund but on the other hand people paid for the convention trusting that showmasters would be able to get A list regular cast members like sendhil and santiago for eclipse.

jason i wrote this in the thread as one of the first replies and i just wanted to apologise i shouldnt of done i know you prob dont care or prob didnt even read it but it matters to me that you know im sorry and i shouldnt of done.

Showmasters have given me and my gf some great times and brought me and my gf so close together through something we both enjoyed so much and ive met so many guests i never thought id ever meet that i looked upto and worshiped when growing up,

listning to your replies its so obvious how geniune you are about all this and i dont think for a second you would rip people off....althought i cant afford to go i know everyone will have a fab time at lockdown, and if its half the convention eclipse was, not a single person will go away unhappy.

and sorry last thing....thank you for bein really upfront and honest with people about everything.

anyway you prob wont even have to chance to read this post but jus wanted to say sorri.

I also appreciate what Showmasters do. I've had great times at the events I've attended ( every one since C8 ) met great guests, and made new friends.

So, to all at SM Towers...

Don't let the barstewards grind you down :wub:

It's just not worth letting them get to you.

I've been just as disappointed when a guest I wanted to meet cancelled, and will admit that I mainly went to C8 for John Schnieder, was gutted when he cancelled, but found I still had a great time !

But it's not worth continually bitching and moaning about it, it's not going to change anything.

I cant say that I'm not disappointed - BUT - I don't blame Showmasters. This all had to do with the strike.

I spoke with my husband who has been such a support of me packing up and going to Enland for the con - and he said that I would most likely have a fabulous time meeting all my new friends from these forums and supporting a con of my favorite show. And - he's right.

I think this should be a time when we band together and support whats left of the con - with some fabulous actors from the show we all love. Mickhail, Yemi, Marvin Candle... all stellar actors with intricate story lines within the massive webs that make up Lost. We lost HIC - I'm sad about that - but we're all still in this thing and I strongly believe we will still have a great time without him. (Maybe better with him, but what can we do?) Financially - I know we're all in the same boat. We paid good money for the gold passes. There is no way out so let's just get on with it and party like rockstarts.

Nick star - girl, if Sam doesn't go - we still need to hang!!! I'm still so intimidated walking into this thing without knowing a single soul. And all you other fabulous people who have been so welcoming to the lone (i think only one) American .. please.. find me, have a drink with me, make me feel welcome and comfortable. My worst fear is being alone at this thing.

Much love to you all - and my condolences to Showmasters... who most likely will be working their asses off for the next two weeks - trying to pull through with a good last guest.

Now, I just took my sleeping pill to go to dreamland without thinking about this turn of events. I'm tired as all hell. We all suffered a loss with HIC cancelling - but we've got 4 great guests still in it - and one more to come. Nighty, night my sweet British friends.

xoB :wub:

Edited by So Bella

It's just disappointing seing some people who i know and who think the same things like me posting only so great comments for you just to have good relation with you...

:wub:

I just said that it was silly to ask for a refund of tickets as no organizers will ever do that ! That's a fact ! And I don't care having a good relation with Jason, I just spoke to him at Eclipse because I think it was a great event and wanted to thank him.

That said, I'm not going to post here anymore, you just went silly tonight. Have fun at Lockdown !

• Showmasters Admin

anyway you prob wont even have to chance to read this post but jus wanted to say sorri.

sorry missed it 1st time around thank you and we are all aloud to get upset we all get like it but thank you for the sapourt it helps when we are in the dark times

thanks

jason :wub:

I'm sorry but I don't think we should be made to feel guilty if we are upset, or obligated to 'support' the event so there will be an event next year.

Of course I don't think SM did this on purpose. I know they're as upset as we are. But the fact remains that I, and all other gold pass holders, have paid £200 for a guest list of 4 that only includes one decent quality guest star, and no main cast.

By any stretch of the imagination that is not worth it.

And yes, in that circumstance I DO believe they should be offering refunds. This is not a cancellation in the circumstance where there is still a decent line up. I am a long time convention goer and I have never paid for one particular actor as they are always subject to cancellation. Any main cast would suit me. Any decent quality guest star would suit me.

We're in a situation where Francios has had less than 10 minutes total airtime, and not interacted with any of the other characters. His talks will necessarily be limited. Frederic has been minor and only involved in Kate's flashbacks, and Ade has been in only two episodes. Andrew is decent but he can't headline the convention on his own.

I strongly believe this convention should be cancelled and rescheduled to when we have some main cast who are available.

Wow, this sucks for everyone involved :wub: The fans who were looking forward to meeting HIC, but imho most of all Showmasters. They're trying SO hard, but the circumstances for this event have been very unfortunate up till now.

I never did get what everyone meant with not going to a convention for specific guests, but for a show or experience as a whole. I do after having attended Eclipse. Jessalyn Gilsig, arguably the least interesting guest from a Heroes POV, was by far the best guest to me. She was amazing to talk to, had some great stories to share and was just very humbled to be there (as were the other guests btw, but she stood out).

I really do hope a replacement can be found on such short notice, but either way I am positive the event will be a blast. The fans deserve it but so does Showmasters for their hard work.

Jason, don't let one person let you get so down. We didn't meet at Eclipse but I was incredibly impressed by you when you spoke on stage as well as how the event was run as a whole. You guys may have gotten me addicted to conventions for life.

Jason and everyone else at SM and Massive.....Chins up :wub: . You did the most fantastic job on Eclipse and i am sure Lockdown will be as good.

I had to choose between Lost or Heroes cuz i could only afford one, but if i had the money...[and an understanding partner] i would have come to both.

People who do not understanding filming will never get it. Schedules change all the time in the filming world and what was to be filmed in a weeks time may be changed to the next day...[i know ..i work in it]. And of course the writers strike did not help. I bet that if the Heroes con was happening in a few weeks time we would be having the same problems.

If you are going to Lockdown enjoy it for what it is, not what it could have been..that way you will not be disappointed. :D

Edited by elullatook

Hi

I feel I want to come on and add my 2 pence worth (That is all the money I have left after Eclipse!!) :D

I am so sorry for all involved that HIC cancelled..... I am not going to Lockdown..... I had to make a decision on either Heroes or Lost and Heroes won although I am a massive Lost fan and am up to date with watching season 4 and really enjoying it

I think that the Heroes fans are really lucky with the actors that are in the show... all seem so nice and want to embrace the crowds and the fans of the show, the world tour shows that... I get the impression the Lost actors are more interested in who gets the larger bonus and who is top billing on the show then meeting the fans....

I am sure this weekend will be awsome, the smaller ones usually are... I went to a small event last yr that had 300 attendees and it was lovely... you got to have so much more interaction with the guests and they all hung around after the closing cermony and said personal goodbyes to all the fans.....

I am just not sure that a Lost event with the "A" list guests will work but what is wrong with a smaller convention with the "b and c" list guests for a reduced price in the future - IE Lockdown 2

Anyway - Jason - chin up mate! Lockdown will be awsome I am sure

See ya at C13!

Lisa

Nick star - girl, if Sam doesn't go - we still need to hang!!! I'm still so intimidated walking into this thing without knowing a single soul. And all you other fabulous people who have been so welcoming to the lone (i think only one) American .. please.. find me, have a drink with me, make me feel welcome and comfortable. My worst fear is being alone at this thing.

totally! im looking forward to meeting you and everyone else of this forum! [well mostly everyone ;) ]

we should all hang out and wear little name tags at the opening cermony's

and yes we will party like its 1999!! :D

i hope sam can come but no pressure shes gonna make her desision when shes ready :D

I never did get what everyone meant with not going to a convention for specific guests, but for a show or experience as a whole. I do after having attended Eclipse. Jessalyn Gilsig, arguably the least interesting guest from a Heroes POV, was by far the best guest to me. She was amazing to talk to, had some great stories to share and was just very humbled to be there (as were the other guests btw, but she stood out).

Glad to read this Zarina. As a con veteran, I tried several times to explain how a convention is so different from a pure signing event but I guess you really have to live it by yourself to make an opinion.

Okay I am really looking forward to enjoy the whole experience regardless of who the guests are but part of the reason I booked was cause Henry Ian Cusick would be there and wasn't there meant to be six guests so you'd be looking for a replacement for Henry Ian and another one?

Is there any chance we will get a deduction on our tickets if there is no A-listers and less guests? It only seems fair.

Ok, scenario. You buy a pack of Trading cards with on the front "you get a costume of autograph card with each pack" and you think, wow, I'll get Jack's autograph and Sawyer's Ripped shirt! But you don't, you get non main auto/ costume... do you complain? SM have tried their best, and you're still gettin good guests... not great, but the best they can get in the circs. As I said, If the money was in my account, I'd go regardless, cos It'll be a GREAT weekend. Thats guaranteed.

Okay fair enough it was only 4-6 guests..

I reserve the right to be disappointed though right now I only just found out and it sucks! I promise I won't be down in the dumps when I go though ;)

I just feel bad for the people who paid £195 it seems a lot of money for guest star actors. I only paid for the standard ticket so I can't complain too much. The hotel bills will hit me hard though.

I bought a trading card set, got Sawyer's shirt (yay) and Ms Klugh's autograph (not so yay).

But, in my Heroes set I bought, I got Zach Quinto's autograph *flails*...so obviously Heroes wins over Lost at the moment lol

Edited by jael001

I bought a trading card set, got Sawyer's shirt (yay) and Ms Klugh's autograph (not so yay).

But, in my Heroes set I bought, I got Zach Quinto's autograph *flails*

That's weird. BFF bought a Lost set and got the same ones as you :) LOL!