Guest cancellation: Henry Ian Cusick

i understand its not your fault if a guest cancells but to be honest this is rediculous. im not upset at SM im more upset at the fact that we have all spent so much money and im sure well all have fun bu its still not the point, i know there are tons of great mainies from past seasons hopefully some of them have clear scedules.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you buy a ticket for a convention you are committing to support the event as a whole. We have been unlucky this time with regards to guests but the convention itself will still be a total experience with plenty to do and lots of fun programme items. And because it is going ahead we will get the chance to run it again next year with a bigger guest line-up. So remember, your support keeps it alive and we will remember those of you who came to this convention and made it happen. We are good people here and never forget the fans who support us.

I hope you can see were we're coming from.

:(:(:(

Don't worry... I can certainly see where you guys are coming from 100%. In fact I sincerely applaud your attitude and recognition of the fans being central to things and helping to support Lockdown however it pans out in the next few days... this is what made Eclipse so successful in my opinion too.

Thank you for the quick reply and here's hoping we all push Lockdown towards being the awesome celebration and successful event it deserves to be, as well as shaped up to be when originally announced. I mean, LOST is totally rocking in the 4th year - we surely need a convention that matches it's quality goddammit!

;)

Steve

Well, I won´t say I wasn´t expecting this to happen so I am not surprised.

Henry´s possible cancelation is the main reason why I hadn´t booked yet, because I went to Eclipse and spent a lot of money so going to Lockdown had to be based on good guests such as Henry.

I´m sorry as I really wanted to go but at least I won´t be totally broke now.

Showmasters, I´m sure you have already thought about it and I´m not going anyway but I do know a few friends that will go if you announced some guests such as Maggie Gracie, Michelle Rodriguez, Marsha, Ian, "Mr. Eko" (sorry I forgot his real name) maybe you could try with the actors and actresses that were in the show but aren´t anymore.

Also "Libby", "Niki and Paolo"...(well, maybe not those last ones as a lot of people hated the characters, lol, but you know what I mean, actors that don´t have to be filming LOST)

I would love to meet Kiele and Rodrigo (Nikki and Paulo). There characters weren't the best sure, but they both seem like such nice people and were main cast... plus Kiele is hot! I'm sure David B would't want to meet Kiele though...

Those two or Kevin Tighe, Clancy Brown, MC gainey, Nestor Carbonell, Rachel Ticotin...tbh anyone like that and I'd be happy.

At this late stage, good luck to jason in getting a replacement!

I can understand why you may not want or be able to refund those of us who have gold passes, but I hope you understand why we want something back for the extra expense we've paid out. I have seriously considered not coming at all, so that the only money I've lost is the money on the ticket and not on the hotel and other expenses incurred in a weekend like this. I'd still like to come, but if it's not financially worth my while then I wont and I know others who feel the same way. It's harsh but it's a heck of a lot of money to have paid out to not get my money's worth.

Edited by jael001

We will be losing a good amount of money running Lockdown this time but we are committed to this convention.

Can you just expand on this sentence a little?.

As far as I see it, unless you have some pretty awful ticket sales. Given you have less guests to deal with, your fixed costs are surely lower than they would have been?

:(

I can understand why you may not want or be able to refund those of us who have gold passes, but I hope you understand why we want something back for the extra expense we've paid out. I have seriously considered not coming at all, so that the only money I've lost is the money on the ticket and not on the hotel and other expenses incurred in a weekend like this. I'd still like to come, but if it's not financially worth my while then I wont and I know others who feel the same way. It's harsh but it's a heck of a lot of money to have paid out to not get my money's worth.

But :( ... you don't understand !

You have to support the con :D (or not to support :( )

We will be losing a good amount of money running Lockdown this time but we are committed to this convention.

Can you just expand on this sentence a little?.

As far as I see it, unless you have some pretty awful ticket sales. Given you have less guests to deal with, your fixed costs are surely lower than they would have been?

;)

Yes... it's interesting to understand why do you lose money AFTER Hic's cancelation.

Because you have not to pay HIC, and with the pass pre-paid, you have already our money... :(

I understand you would lose money if the con was canceled !

Edited by sebastianillyria

I've been looking forward to this convention for a long time and to be honest I was going to be surprised if HIC actually turned up what with the writers strike.

I have every faith that SM will produce a fantastic convention and I am still as rabidly looking forward to the event as I was before this cancellation. I love Lost as a show, and every character and actor has something to add and I am looking forward to seeing what these guests have to say.

I'm also a Gold Ticket holder and I still don't mind paying that price for this event, as I'm sure it will be 100% better than cons I've paid less than half that money on. And if there's the opportunity, I also have every intention of standing in a queue for hours on end that weekend just to book Gold tickets for Lockdown 2.

Personally I'd like to thank SM for actually getting out there and arranging a Lost convention, because it would appear that no-one else was going to take the plunge. So THANK YOU!

I've been looking forward to this convention for a long time and to be honest I was going to be surprised if HIC actually turned up what with the writers strike.

I have every faith that SM will produce a fantastic convention and I am still as rabidly looking forward to the event as I was before this cancellation. I love Lost as a show, and every character and actor has something to add and I am looking forward to seeing what these guests have to say.

I'm also a Gold Ticket holder and I still don't mind paying that price for this event, as I'm sure it will be 100% better than cons I've paid less than half that money on. And if there's the opportunity, I also have every intention of standing in a queue for hours on end that weekend just to book Gold tickets for Lockdown 2.

Personally I'd like to thank SM for actually getting out there and arranging a Lost convention, because it would appear that no-one else was going to take the plunge. So THANK YOU!

As she's my best friend, I would have to agree with her anyway, but despite that, I still agree with every word. Thank you Showmasters :(

I have never read a post I agree with so much on any forum I've ever been on.

They're obviously not going to give full financial disclosure on their event, nor should they have to. It's not really our business to be fair.

I think that statement has a little bit of ‘spin’ attached to it. All I asked was some kind of clarification.

But hey, lets all presume that ticket sales are ‘slow’. As that’s the only way surely that, the statement can possibly be true.

:(

I really don't see the problem in giving at least partial discounts to people who have bought gold passes. It stands to reason that most people if not all, bought gold passes not to go and have a couple of parties and meet up with some friends, but because they wanted to be front row for talks(which a lot of people thought would be regular cast members) and to get all photo sessions(which, again, they probably thought would be with main cast members, and as it is, there are people who im sure would NOT get a photo session with some of the guests going)

Again, im not having a dig at you SM, as I know you've tried hard, but if I were you, I shouldnt discard the thought of lower ticket prices for this event. I get what you're saying about 'if we do it for this event, everyone would want one' but you MUST see that this event is turning out totally different than you and all the fans anticipated?

• Moderators

I think that statement has a little bit of ‘spin’ attached to it. All I asked was some kind of clarification.

But hey, lets all presume that ticket sales are ‘slow’. As that’s the only way surely that, the statement can possibly be true.

:headscratch:

Considering the guest list, and the reactions online etc, I think most people assumed that it wasn't selling overly well far before Henry cancelled anyway.

i dont think people are gonna pay for another lost convention with the hope of great guests, im really worried and upset as i know that alot of people are not attending this event due to a guest cancellation

and i know that guests cancell all the time but this is the KEY guest no offence to the other guests who im sure are gonna be all super great, please please try and get a good replacement even if its an old cast member who had a significant role i know actors have moved on and have busy scedules but there has got to be at least ONE awesome guest that is free, im not blaming SM as i know its out of there hands but i cant help feeling somewhat angry at the circumstances :help::help::help::help:

s*** i knew this was going to happen and unless showmasters pulls off a miracle and gets says Ian and Maggie I won't be coming it'll be £80 down the drain but i'll get the hotel and travel costs back

Was soo looking forward to this event is so gutting esp as how great eclipse was

i dont think people are gonna pay for another lost convention with the hope of great guests, im really worried and upset as i know that alot of people are not attending this event due to a guest cancellation

and i know that guests cancell all the time but this is the KEY guest no offence to the other guests who im sure are gonna be all super great, please please try and get a good replacement even if its an old cast member who had a significant role i know actors have moved on and have busy scedules but there has got to be at least ONE awesome guest that is free, im not blaming SM as i know its out of there hands but i cant help feeling somewhat angry at the circumstances :help: :help: :help: :help:

i cant go if sam doesnt go :'( as were sharing the hotel etc but i have to come as everything ive booked so far is NON REFUNDABLE

• Moderators

I know actors have moved on and have busy scedules but there has got to be at least ONE awesome guest that is free, im not blaming SM as i know its out of there hands but i cant help feeling somewhat angry at the circumstances :help: :help: :help: :help:

There are so many problems facing them now, from time to guests being available to guests WANTING to do it etc .. not to mention the costs involved - guest fees, travel etc and it not being covered by ticket sales. I know it's easy to assume there must be SOMEONE out there, but it's just not necessarily true unfortunately. And even if there is, they have to consider whether it's even workable.

and i know that guests cancell all the time but this is the KEY guest no offence to the other guests who im sure are gonna be all super great, please please try and get a good replacement even if its an old cast member who had a significant role i know actors have moved on and have busy scedules but there has got to be at least ONE awesome guest that is free, im not blaming SM as i know its out of there hands but i cant help feeling somewhat angry at the circumstances :help: :help: :help: :help:

I agree, nothing would please me more if there was a Lockdown 2, and there were great guests, but I think it's gonna take a lot more than people saying 'have faith' to convince people to go