Just plain Disapointing

locke

The guests listed so far could turn out to be really cool, they could give more insight to what their character was all about on the show, and hopefully er..."answer" some mysteries, allthough they won't tell spoilers. Also having stars you are FAN of may be more stressful than you think, you're nervous, you hope they are nice and if you catch them on a "bad day" you may think they're not that nice. With these guests you got more of a relaxed feeling, not so nervous but maybe more curious about them still. I like that actually.

So as much as I'd LOVE to have my faves from the show on Lockedown I'm happy THESE are coming and will be interested in what they have to say as well..and if they are funny ppl to boot then that's another plus i my book. That's my intention with this con as it is now, and I'm sticking with it lol.

So hopefully they can share some insight, and fun stories from behind the scenes :thumbup:. Also I DO hope filming obligations won't stop HIC to come if that's a "danger" now. Here's hoping!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guests listed so far could turn out to be really cool, they could give more insight to what their character was all about on the show, and hopefully er..."answer" some mysteries, allthough they won't tell spoilers. Also having stars you are FAN of may be more stressful than you think, you're nervous, you hope they are nice and if you catch them on a "bad day" you may think they're not that nice. With these guests you got more of a relaxed feeling, not so nervous but maybe more curious about them still. I like that actually.

So as much as I'd LOVE to have my faves from the show on Lockedown I'm happy THESE are coming and will be interested in what they have to say as well..and if they are funny ppl to boot then that's another plus i my book. That's my intention with this con as it is now, and I'm sticking with it lol.

So hopefully they can share some insight, and fun stories from behind the scenes :D. Also I DO hope filming obligations won't stop HIC to come if that's a "danger" now. Here's hoping!!

ITA.

And I am counting on the fact that I'll meet nice Lost fans. :poki:

• Showmasters Admin

[EDIT]

Okay, I've reposted my feelings on this below, just to make things neater and tidier around these parts.. it was playing merry hell with my OCD and no mistake!

:firedevil:

Just having 1 main cast member at a show-specific event (never mind one as highly anticipated and promoted as Lockdown) is totally unheard of in the many, many years that my friends and I have attended and followed conventions. This is why the mood is sour at the moment - even amongst die hard and hardcore Lost fans - which is worrying, disappointing, frustrating and annoying because almost everyone wants the event to be a runaway success. To have an outside chance of this happening and salvage some reputations for the future, in my opinion the event needs another 'higher profile' guest. I mean no disrespect to those guests already announced of course.

I'm not sure it's not as uncommon as you think. There's a Supernatural event planned for this year with only one main cast member, after that the most episodes any of the other guests have been in is just 6 episodes! And there's only 5 guests at that event too, and yet people are incredibly excited to be going and to meet the guest stars as well. Similarly last year's event of this kind also had only one main cast SPN guest. And again most of the guest stars are no longer in the show and can't add to the mystery or story arcs in their Q&A sessions, but people don't seem to be making an issue out of that for that event.

There were two firefly events held last year, both of which only had one headline guest each, and the guest stars were only in 1 or 2 episodes each... again, everyone had a fantastic time at those events. And again, for the first event anyway, there were very few complaints about the guest list.

I think what a lot of people are doing, is that they are comparing Lockdown to Eclipse... when clearly the ability to get guests for Heroes is far easier, and Lost guests are not as accessible. In the past year the number of main cast Heroes guests has far outweighed the number of main cast Lost guests in the past 4 years of the show's course. I never expected a lot of main cast guests because of this, and have believed from the beginning, that Lockdown and Eclipse were going to be very different.

However, guests do talk to their co-actors, and if HIC has a fantastic time at Lockdown, I think that procuring the guests for a future event may get easier, and perhaps at the next Lockdown event we'll find more main cast guests.

This is of course purely speculation. But I'm sure others will agree that we have had a higher standard of Heroes guests at other Showmasters events than we've had of Lost guests. Which is basically where my opinion is stemming from.

Hope everything that I said made sense. I knew what I was trying to say, not sure it came out right though!

Night guys, see some of you at Eclipse!!!

SJ

xox

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

i just want to say even though we are very busy with this weekends con we are still working on Lockdown we are fans of this show and we want to run the best event we can

we have had some unexpected difficulties with getting guests for this event, the main one is that J J Abrams has decided to put back the release of Star Trek which allows him to go back to filming Lost and this is now affected us badly, as he wants most of the cast to stay on set even if they are down for filming or not incase he needs them

we want this event to be the best event for lost fans in the world but we have been unlucky.

we are still working on this Convention we will not give up on it and it will happen it may just not be the big A list event we had hopped for

your support of this event insures that it happens and that we will get the chance to grow and run a Lost Convention next year were we can get more A list guests

the guests we have coming are looking forward to the event, so you will all get to know them well.

one last thing most of the main cast knows who we are now so if we do not get the gusts you want to see this time we will get there in the end

well i thought i would put you all in the picture and be honest and up front with you all

i hope you all understand we try and still do our best to put on an amazing event

thanks for your time

jason :firedevil:

There were two firefly events held last year, both of which only had one headline guest each, and the guest stars were only in 1 or 2 episodes each... again, everyone had a fantastic time at those events.

The only thing I'd like like to say about this is that using a specific number of episodes is probably a misrepresentation of the caliber of guests, especially when it comes to a show like Firefly.

Firefly only had 13 episodes (but let's just say the movie was two episodes, making 15 for arguments sake.) That means an actor who appeared in two episodes was actually in 13% of the entire show, whereas the guests for Lockdown (not including Henry) are as follows:

Andrew - 7/114 - 6%

François - 6/114 - 5%

Fedric - 8/114 - 7%

Adetokumboh - 3/114 - 2%

In that respect I can understand why people are frustrated. I don't think it's anything to do with 'what's common in the market', but more the fact that Showmasters have always talked about this event as having much higher caliber guests than have been announced. I'm guessing people just feel they have been somewhat misled. And although I'm sure this wasn't intentional, it doesn't stop that feeling for everyone who is spending hundreds of pounds to attend.

using the Supernatural convention as an example is misleading, since the show only HAS 2 main cast...and so getting one of those last year and one this year, is awesome! Plus the convention last year was split with Smallville and had 1 main cast from that show too.

I think this thread/heading needs to be put to rest

Its ran its course and everyone has had a chance to voice their opinions

Now to look at the positives and look forward to a fantastic weekend with guests who are excited to be coming.

Once SM have Eclipse out the way, I think they will have a better idea of how Lockdown will be run and will still have almost 3 weeks to make this a great con.

:D

There were two firefly events held last year, both of which only had one headline guest each, and the guest stars were only in 1 or 2 episodes each... again, everyone had a fantastic time at those events.

The only thing I'd like like to say about this is that using a specific number of episodes is probably a misrepresentation of the caliber of guests, especially when it comes to a show like Firefly.

Firefly only had 13 episodes (but let's just say the movie was two episodes, making 15 for arguments sake.) That means an actor who appeared in two episodes was actually in 13% of the entire show, whereas the guests for Lockdown (not including Henry) are as follows:

Andrew - 7/114 - 6%

François - 6/114 - 5%

Frederic - 8/114 - 7%

Adetokumboh - 3/114 - 2%

I agree with you, even if I think that every case is different...

I think Andrew has a character more important that the 3 others and leaved the show a few time ago, so it would be more easy for him speaking about this show.

If Amy Acker :wub: was a guest of the supernatural event, she played only one episode but I think i would be OK :D

So I think every attendee has his own feeling about every actor (I suppose Kate's fan are happy with Frederic Lehne) and so has his own feeling about lockdown cast.

And again most of the guest stars are no longer in the show and can't add to the mystery or story arcs in their Q&A sessions, but people don't seem to be making an issue out of that for that event.

But... people who will be at Lockdown are LOST fans (i suppose :D ) and I think they would like to speak about LOST during the talk show...

I remember a Firefly event and a talk show with (almost exclusively) stargate questions... perhaps it was very interesting for stargate fans, but i don't watch stargate... When it's a signing event, it's not surprising to speak about many shows, but when it's a unique tv show event, we have to speak (a little) about this show to my mind...

your support of this event insures that it happens and that we will get the chance to grow and run a Lost Convention next year were we can get more A list guests

Is it possible our support to the con would be awarded :P

I mean I'm sure you do all you can so that Lockdown will be as great as possible. :thumbup:

I've just one thing which makes me a little angry because i heard this argument a lot of time :uhoh:

It's when we speak about next convention...

because all people have not the possibility to attendee all the events, that's why i thought about award :poki:

I have the exemple about another convention with several actors who canceled and organiser told "we do the best to run another con next year"... Next year is 2008 and in fact some of the canceled actors would be there... but i had money last year for the last event, but not this year for this event...

So i just want to say that every event is an independant event, and people who attendee one convention are not the same who will attendee the next. And i don't think speaking about next con is a good idea, sometimes it could make people more angry or sad or what you want...

I'm not sure it's not as uncommon as you think.

It indeed is not that uncommon. I've been to several Stargate events without main cast members myself, and there's some more I haven't been to. For Stargate there's even more events running with just one main cast person from the show.

But I agree, Supernatural isn't a very good example because it has only two lead guys.

For Stargate there's even more events running with just one main cast person from the show.

But I agree, Supernatural isn't a very good example because it has only two lead guys.

I attendee to a Buffy Con without main cast ! Sometimes it's not so important. :D

But there were more than 10 guests (and they all played beetwen 10 and 50 episodes)

I think all TV shows are different. :thumbup:

For exemple, heroes has so many main cast actors :poki:

• Moderators

Sometimes it's the same at signing events too - the more memorable ones for people are the ones with less queues, as you have more time to talk to them etc. So even though people look forward to meeting the 'main' guests, they come away more excited about others.

I know this is a convention but sometimes the principle is the same.

Exact !

My best memories at LFCC were with Jack Coleman and Williams Mapother even if i was here for Hayden and Dominic.

I don't know if it's because they are not lead guests or because if there aren't long queues...

I think these two points are true, but there's a third point as important as the both others, it's their personnality. I think our best memories are always with people who are very open and who like contact with fans.

I didn't NEVER told that others were not open or don't like their fans, but they are so busy and it's more difficult to be totally relaxed when you have so much autograph to sign.

It's the big difference beetwen sign events and conventions : at a con, we have always more time to speak with actors (main actors too) during autograph sessions. It was like that for all the convention i attended.

I hope it will be like that this week end :headscratch: