Just plain Disapointing

locke

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

In my eyes I think

Yemi - crap it coulda been Ethan! He rocked!

Marshall- Much better if it was Christian!

Candle- Richard Alpert or Tom please!

And as we all realise, they can't make a guest list for each attendee. It's 4-6 guests, and that's it. There's no personalisation in terms of the guest list.

So regardless of who we had - even if we got Matthew Fox, Josh, Evangeline, Terry etc, you'd still get people saying, NO BUT I WANT ... or IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU HAD ...

Is there any point in particularly thinking that way? I don't think so. If we all approach every event and think 'ok, this is good, but I would've preferred ...' then we'd have a damn crap time everywhere unless some event has our personal No.1s on our wishlists.

I totally agree that people can voice their opinions about who they prefer to see, but should also remember that with just a few weeks to go , these guests could be reading our forums to get a feel for how they will be welcomed

Not just this thread, but others disappoint me too when I read things said about guests

I have to agree strongly here. I run a blog for an actress who was recently in a very popular show. There was a thread on a forum online that she heard about and went over to read. She was extremely upset by what she read there - especially in terms of people complaining about her personally, rather than her as an actress.

i would understand if you have brought a ticket and wanted to voice your opinion but most of you dont have the intention of coming :uhoh:

Perhaps it's wrong, but some of the people who have not today the intention of coming anymore had a pass. I know people who bought pass and have already decided not coming because they are disappointed by the cast. So i think if they have bought a pass, the have the right to give their opinion, even if the are not coming anymore. :blink:

And it's interesting to hear who people want as the sixth guest, because some people who have a pass are waiting the last name to take her decision. And contrary, people will perhaps order pass if the last name is a good name... So everybody is free to speak on this forum ! :dance:

If you speak about lams, he attended to so much events and gave so much money during these events that he has right to give her opinion ! :smile:

i think most people attending now think that the line up is good could be better but still a good lineup

It desserves a poll...

I will attend, but my opinion about the cast has not changed...

But i think really that we will all spend a great time in 3 weeks :dance:

but others disappoint me too when I read things said about guests

I agree with you that it's not the responsability of the actors who are coming if another actors don't come and it's not useful (and very stupid) to insult our guests... :YAHOO:

Edited by sebastianillyria

I totally agree that people can voice their opinions about who they prefer to see, but should also remember that with just a few weeks to go , these guests could be reading our forums to get a feel for how they will be welcomed

Not just this thread, but others disappoint me too when I read things said about guests

I have to agree strongly here. I run a blog for an actress who was recently in a very popular show. There was a thread on a forum online that she heard about and went over to read. She was extremely upset by what she read there - especially in terms of people complaining about her personally, rather than her as an actress.

That is very sad , and as I said above , I just hope some of these Lost guests dont do the same

The event will be a blast and I am sure the guests will help make it a great weekend for everyone

Edited by scruffy

o god do you run bai lings blog :poki:

:blink::YAHOO::smile::uhoh::dance:

and are you people actually reading what im saying seams like you dont understand what im trying to get across,

"by people who have no intention of coming" are people who havent brought a ticket not people that have brought one and decided not to go,

i didn't say people don't have the right to an opinion, i said they shouldn;t voice a negative opinion if they are not even turning up to the event.

but overall i think david b pretty much summed up what i was trying to say anyway thanks mayte :dance:

Didn't expect such a negative response to my post, I stated it's nothing to do with the actors! And that i intend no offense to them, it is just the characters they play in my opinion aren't that great. I expressed this in a polite manner! Not as if i came out and said "dey sux lolz gimme this guest n that".

And yes I get there can't be personalized lists for every single attendee, and I am not some selfish idiot who wants this and that instead, I'm just saying upon hearing the announcments and knowing only 6 slots are to be filled, i thought of other potentials(thats not slayers buffy fans!) that coulda taken that slot (fan favourites as well as mine).

I apologize if the actors go onto these forums, but if i can't discuss this reasonably here then where else? They were fantastic on the show and i will enjoy meeting them, I just expressed dissapointment, not anger or hatred towards them or the event. Argh it's hard conveyin this wihtout sounding mean :blink:.

At the end of the day I'll still enjoy Lockdown, two of my favourite characters are going(well the actors), other guests will still be good to meet, the party's will be a blast, I'll get to meet fellow LOSTies who may or may not want to kill me for my comments :smile:! Plus it's a weekend away for me and my sister too.

P.S I have a gold ticket and nothing will stop me from going!

Edited by Godfellachud

• Moderators

Don't take it as negative responses - take it as people expressing themselves in a polite (albeit opposed) manner just like you ;)

As long as we're all discussing it without resorting to crazy abuse (unfortunately some people have! but have now been banned ..), there's absolutely no reason why people can't post on here with their opinions :smile:

Don't take it as negative responses - take it as people expressing themselves in a polite (albeit opposed) manner just like you :P

As long as we're all discussing it without resorting to crazy abuse (unfortunately some people have! but have now been banned ..), there's absolutely no reason why people can't post on here with their opinions :smile:

Exactly ;)

We should be able to say we're not too happy with the guests without being accused of actor bashing. If I was one of the actors and I read this forum I wouldn't get upset, I would understand that I was pretty much a minor character (HIC/Patchy not included, I don't count them as minor) and people who are paying a lot of money do have some right to expect better guests but at the same time apprectiate the fact that they are not personally attacking me.

Cool man :) I feel rotten incase the actors do look at it... and then they find out what I look like and kill me! Never thought of that while I was typing, I would be upset myself if i was attending an event, to meet fans, who don't like you. So I sincerely apologize for that. I've posted wat I needed to post and now I'm moving on!

p.s If you want a crazy abuse thread, start a "ps3 vs xbox360" topic. :smile:

Edited by Godfellachud

If you speak about lams, he attended to so much events and gave so much money during these events that he has right to give her opinion ! :jason:

I guess you meant ... HIS opinion ;)

Hey Gary, nice to see you around here. But no, I won't be at Lockdown except if I win the lottery meanwhile.

Didn't expect such a negative response to my post, I stated it's nothing to do with the actors! And that i intend no offense to them, it is just the characters they play in my opinion aren't that great. I expressed this in a polite manner! Not as if i came out and said "dey sux lolz gimme this guest n that".

And yes I get there can't be personalized lists for every single attendee, and I am not some selfish idiot who wants this and that instead, I'm just saying upon hearing the announcments and knowing only 6 slots are to be filled, i thought of other potentials(thats not slayers buffy fans!) that coulda taken that slot (fan favourites as well as mine).

I apologize if the actors go onto these forums, but if i can't discuss this reasonably here then where else? They were fantastic on the show and i will enjoy meeting them, I just expressed dissapointment, not anger or hatred towards them or the event. Argh it's hard conveyin this wihtout sounding mean :(.

At the end of the day I'll still enjoy Lockdown, two of my favourite characters are going(well the actors), other guests will still be good to meet, the party's will be a blast, I'll get to meet fellow LOSTies who may or may not want to kill me for my comments :P! Plus it's a weekend away for me and my sister too.

P.S I have a gold ticket and nothing will stop me from going!

B)

Well done for the excellent, refreshingly honest and down to earth post my friend.

Nice to read something that cuts through all the irrational 'blowing-smoke-up-bottom' witterings we've sadly seen a lot of lately.... and also echoes pretty much what A LOT of people I know are saying who bought Gold tickets and early tickets for this event that will nevertheless be a good weekend for us Losties.

:uhoh:

My own personal thoughts and those of other peeps I know are posted elsewhere....

Steve

[EDIT]

Okay, I've reposted my feelings on this below, just to make things neater and tidier around these parts.. it was playing merry hell with my OCD and no mistake!

:P

Dont worry nikstar1989 - your views are shared by EVERYONE I know who has already bought a ticket or considered buying a ticket. Just because there are not loads of comments online moaning or complaining doesn't mean everyone is pleased and satisfied with what has been going on for whatever reaons - and so to give you some support, I have to say something.

Personally I'm a stupidly eternal optimist and happy-go-lucky kinda bloke with everything in life and so I do agree with the positive and upbeat approach from all those sycophantic people that are saying any Lost guest is a great guest, they're all lovely people, let's respect the actors, yay whoopie at anything announced, you can have a great time at events whoever is there, yada, yada.....

But.

Just having 1 main cast member at a show-specific event (never mind one as highly anticipated and promoted as Lockdown) is totally unheard of in the many, many years that my friends and I have attended and followed conventions. This is why the mood is sour at the moment - even amongst die hard and hardcore Lost fans - which is worrying, disappointing, frustrating and annoying because almost everyone wants the event to be a runaway success. To have an outside chance of this happening and salvage some reputations for the future, in my opinion the event needs another 'higher profile' guest. I mean no disrespect to those guests already announced of course.

But hey - the internet is full of opinions. And I've already bought my GOLD ticket for Lockdown. I just hope it's going to be worth it and that the event doesn't end up negating any positive vibes and reputation kudos for Massive Events gained from the Eclipse show.

• Moderators

Well done for the excellent, refreshingly honest and down to earth post my friend.

Nice to read something that cuts through all the irrational 'blowing-smoke-up-bottom' witterings we've sadly seen a lot of lately....

I've already said elsewhere on numerous occasions that I'm happy to leave discussions on here.

However, if you're going to accuse people of not being honest, and 'irrational 'blowing-smoke-up-bottom' witterings' then can I suggest not posting please?

If everyone else is capable of expressing their feelings without such spite towards other opinions, then I'd expect the same from you please.

Nice to read something that cuts through all the irrational 'blowing-smoke-up-bottom' witterings we've sadly seen a lot of lately....

I've already said elsewhere on numerous occasions that I'm happy to leave discussions on here.

However, if you're going to accuse people of not being honest, and 'irrational 'blowing-smoke-up-bottom' witterings' then can I suggest not posting please?

If everyone else is capable of expressing their feelings without such spite towards other opinions, then I'd expect the same from you please.

Just out of interest, who exactly has been accused of bottom smoking? B) I want to know if I should be outraged :uhoh:

• Moderators

General flaming clearly aimed at someone/some people who have posted on here still shouldn't be encouraged. It was a simple request that's all.

Things easily escalate on here, so no harm in stopping it before it does.

General flaming clearly aimed at someone/some people who have posted on here still shouldn't be encouraged.

I can't wait for it to happen again. All I get to use that "Report" button for is to alert mods to the endless trickle of spam that leaks in here. I'm looking forward to being able to click on Report and then typing "Gadzooks, my liege, there are nefarious accusations of bottom-smoking afoot!"

:D